Questions for Bts fans : What is the current relationship between BTS members (mainly suga/RM) and the khiphop scene ?

• they can collaborate with whoever they want, BH does not prohibit them. Check out this TXT masterpiece featuring top Korean rappers

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

that was great highr really breaking barriers

• i'm not trying to diss Tiger JK or Epik High but they aren't the current generation of khiphop, nor RM and Suga's generation. It's really cool to see those collabs of course but It's not big collabs (title track etc...) and those artists are far from their primes.

Like I know it shouldn't be a concern but let me put it this way. If rn Stray Kids would do a collab with another kpop artist, I would rather have them collab with someone of their gen (NCT/TXT etc...) or maybe 3rd gen like BTS EXO etc but 2nd gen is like so old that it always kinds of feel cheaper and not something sustainable (meaning those artists have been in the industry for so long there is little hope for much more collabs)

The thing is, from what I’ve seen especially for RM and Suga, their collabs are more with who ever they have artistic connection and want to make music together. Like they don’t really choose popular or top acts just for the sake of collabs. And it’s been like this since the beginning. So we can hope for collabs with popular acts but really, some collabs will be unexpected (for either western or Korean ones) and I really appreciate them for that.

• The thing is, from what I’ve seen especially for RM and Suga, their collabs are more with who ever they have artistic connection and want to make music together. Like they don’t really choose popular or top acts just for the sake of collabs. And it’s been like this since the beginning. So we can hope for collabs with popular acts but really, some collabs will be unexpected (for either western or Korean ones) and I really appreciate them for that.

yea it's really cool that they have collabs but I feel like there isn't any link at all between them and the current khh scene. Not even some small cameos etc.

• yea it's really cool that they have collabs but I feel like there isn't any link at all between them and the current khh scene. Not even some small cameos etc.

i agree. Truthfully it looks like the have no connection to the krap/hip-hop scene. Which is sad because the khip-hop scene seems pretty close and one of the advantages i think it has over kpop, they are constantly collabing.

So yeah, the fact TxT is doing collabs and not BTS members is weird.

• Do you have anyone specific in mind you wish they could collab? I think there are chances, most BTS collabs seem totally random so I can see they doing it if they feel like it, now here goes my completely personal especulative opinion: most rappers from the past couple years khh scene probably looked down on them and the ones who are popular rn seem to work on a different scene from BTS so imo I don't think you'll going to see something like BTS feat Jay Park, Ja mezz, bewhy etc plus like someone said they don't have anything to prove anymore, they drop like 3 songs by solo member (rapline) per year, and that's a strech so chances are slim...

Also timing/opportunities, you'll probably find more things from RM tho, bc he is the ones doing collab since 2015/14 compared to the other members who have been doing it since 4 years ago, and he has been pushed way more into things like that/live performances similar to Mino and Zico. For years the only time Yoongi was pushed for a collab stage was that one dream concert performance and Jhope only did the one airforce with rm and yoongi apart from dance focused stages.

this is a masterpiece

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Edit: sometimes I forgot but RM has so many feats, so MANY

• If they wanted to they could have went to SMTM to get those collabs songs and the one time they seem to have hiphop collabs are with lengendary artists like MFBTY, Dynamic Duo and Epik High. I don't think it's not something they're looking for rn tbh

• completely forgot this song, was so funny i love it.

I don't think new gen krap look that much down on idols anymore. Most of the time it's just to please hardcore fans to gain more notoriety but they probably do not have any real issue with them.

Thanks to Zico, GD, CL, Mino and Bobby I think this current generation is completely fine with features with idols. Jay Park in the past few years do not have any problem with idols, and labels run by oldheads like DD, Epik High/ TIger JK didn't have any problem in the first place.

You also have someone like Ravi who literally signed Nafla not too long ago so I think Kpop is rn closer than ever to KHH. Hopefully it's only a matter of time before we get a cypher with rm or suga in it.

• If they wanted to they could have went to SMTM to get those collabs songs and the one time they seem to have hiphop collabs are with lengendary artists like MFBTY, Dynamic Duo and Epik High. I don't think it's not something they're looking for rn tbh

Honestly them going to SMTM would really look bad. First a lot of people in the khh scene look down on successful rappers that go to SMTM and take screen time from skillful starving rappers. Imagine straight up millionaires destroying some indie rappers. Honestly would e funny imo but kind of unfair for rappers who just wanted to make a little more money lol.

• I'm hoping for another collab with Gaeko and somehow because of that BeO and Namjoon collabs and then somehow Jungkook makes a song with ourealgoat, Tabber and Sole. I just made myself sad because this is a pipe dream :peperain:

BTS aren't really in the Khiphop scene so collabs are difficult

BeO Rm would be great but the goated one is definitely Zion T/Sokodomo/Jhope. Would be peak hip hop hipster alien rap

• its not about proving something it's about doing music with other people from the industry. I'm sure they could do fantastic collabs like Zico, Mino etc...

It’s because you said they could have shut down so many haters because they are skilled. And I’m saying they don’t need to prove anything to anyone. If bts wants to collab with a Korean rap artiste, I doubt it will be because they want to enter the khip hop scene.

• How fans would know about relationship between Bangtan and khiphop scene tho? Both Joon and Yoongi have had quite a lot of features and collabs and all of them were basically out of the blue, I doubt anyone saw it coming, tbh for me it seems like ppl have more clue about possibilities with western artists than with k-ones. I am sure that any k-artist would be very much glad to collab with BTS and members, maybe we will see something in future.

• Honestly them going to SMTM would really look bad. First a lot of people in the khh scene look down on successful rappers that go to SMTM and take screen time from skillful starving rappers. Imagine straight up millionaires destroying some indie rappers. Honestly would e funny imo but kind of unfair for rappers who just wanted to make a little more money lol.

I meant sometime back in 2018,17, I remember BI, Mino and Bobby esp back in that time got a lot of praises for being idol rappers and "proving" themselves, nowadays it's really inimaginable, I could see them going as producers like Epik High but only if they were way less active as a group than they are now.

Thanks to Zico, GD, CL, Mino and Bobby I think this current generation is completely fine with features with idols. Jay Park in the past few years do not have any problem with idols, and labels run by oldheads like DD, Epik High/ TIger JK didn't have any problem in the first place.

From what I've noticed most of these features are focused vocal idols, but I was completely unaware of how things are now, thanks for pointing it out.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!