Div2 still being incompetent when it comes to ITZY as usual

• Official Post

wtf is this I'm CRYINGGGGG y'all can't even take new teaser pics with the actual members?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• is there any division in JYPE that is actually competent ?

Division 1 is probably the most well-organized of the four divisions. They manage 2PM and Stray Kids. And I think I read on a reddit thread somewhere that the head of JYPE Japan is also Division 1's head, which is why NiziU is getting a similar sort of treatment to their older brother groups.

• The members of 2PM that are out of the military have been having regular (Eng & JP-subbed) variety videos on their channel throughout the last year, and the company announced that they would finally be making a comeback as a full group this year once the last member is discharged from military service.
    • Stray Kids had released a video reviewing their activities in 2020 and announced their plans for 2021:
      External Content www.youtube.com
    • NiziU has also announced their plans for 2021:
  • Division 1 is probably the most well-organized of the four divisions. They manage 2PM and Stray Kids. And I think I read on a reddit thread somewhere that the head of JYPE Japan is also Division 1's head, which is why NiziU is getting a similar sort of treatment to their older brother groups.

• The members of 2PM that are out of the military have been having regular (Eng & JP-subbed) variety videos on their channel throughout the last year, and the company announced that they would finally be making a comeback as a full group this year once the last member is discharged from military service.
    • Stray Kids had released a video reviewing their activities in 2020 and announced their plans for 2021:
    • NiziU has also announced their plans for 2021:

so based on what you have said its just twice and Itzy that are getting the bad treatment (and GOT7 previously)

• don't forget niziu promoting their next song with coca-cola

(along with lawson, softbank, lotte, nippon tv, hulu/disney, and basically every who's who there)

niziu is arguably the biggest debut of all time in japan

whoever is managing them is god tier

(and yes, that's 7m yt views for a jp-only ad)

• so based on what you have said its just twice and Itzy that are getting the bad treatment (and GOT7 previously)

Just to clarify: me praising one division doesn't mean I think the other divisions are treating their artists badly. None of the current groups are treated badly. This isn't a comparison between a division who scores A+ and a division who scores F. This is a comparison between a division who scores A+ and other divisions who score A- or B. Each Division has their own strengths and weaknesses in management. Div. 2 is well-known for their dance practice videos which they have taken to a whole new level with cosplay, and Div. 3 is doing something really interesting in online video content with the godly TIME TO TWICE variety / reality series as well as J.Y. Park's hunt for the perfect singer for his ownerless songs. If you want to make the argument that TWICE and SKZ are overworked and have too fast of a release rate, then Div. 2's more regular twice-a-year releases might be an interesting counter-example of a division that gives their artists sufficient rest.

• Just to clarify: me praising one division doesn't mean I think the other divisions are treating their artists badly. None of the current groups are treated badly. This isn't a comparison between a division who scores A+ and a division who scores F. This is a comparison between a division who scores A+ and other divisions who score A- or B. Each Division has their own strengths and weaknesses in management. Div. 2 is well-known for their dance practice videos which they have taken to a whole new level with cosplay, and Div. 3 is doing something really interesting in online video content with the godly TIME TO TWICE variety / reality series as well as J.Y. Park's hunt for the perfect singer for his ownerless songs. If you want to make the argument that TWICE and SKZ are overworked and have too fast of a release rate, then Div. 2's more regular twice-a-year releases might be an interesting counter-example of a division that gives their artists sufficient rest.

so then do you believe thst JYPE hss treated all its current groups well? what abiut former groups ?

• so then do you believe thst JYPE hss treated all its current groups well? what abiut former groups ?

First let me add a little perspective. It's far too easy for fans of Big 3 groups to ignore the privileges that their artists enjoy in comparison to the rest of the industry, and complain over Top Agency Problems ("First World Problems"). So, when I say a group is mistreated and has bad ('F-grade') management, this is what I mean:

• TS Entertainment is being sued by their boy group TRCNG for: (1) failing to pay them and their staff in the last two years, (2) forcing them to practice from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. every day and starting again at 10 a.m., (3) forcing their members to switch schools in order to be closer to company HQ thus making them 2 years behind their fellow schoolmates, (4) cursing at the members continuously and beating them, (5) ignoring them when they were injured after B-boying, forcing their members to go for emergency treatment by themselves, (6) not paying their dorms utility bills, resulting in their dorm's water and electricity getting cut off, and also not fixing the household machines that were broken, (7) threatening a member to not say anything after he was hospitalised when the choreographer hit him with a metal chair, (8) lying to the public saying that the member who was hospitalised got sick because of drinking and playing around with girls, and (9) employees extorting millions of won from one of the members. (See further sources about this case: 1, 2, and other mismanaged groups by TS Entertainment)
    • Girl Group Yellow Bee was recently disbanded by their agency Addiction Entertainment, who cited one member's promiscuous activity as the reason for the disbandment. The members fired back through social media, talking about what the agency did to them: (1) managers who were sexually-harassing the members, touching them inappropriately and pressuring them to sleep with management and/or investors, (2) providing them zero staff support for Japanese activities, and then of course (3) publicly lying about the members' promiscuity as a excuse to disband.

So, this is why I say a comparison between JYPE divisions is the difference between A+ and A- or B, not between A+ and F. I know that fans of GOT7 believe that JYPE Div. 2 mistreated their boys. It's more proper to call that mismanagement rather than mistreatment, and even then, I think many fans are overlooking just how many opportunities and benefits the GOT7 members got from JYPE. For example, speaking about the creative freedom to write and compose their own songs, do you realise that GOT7 members have more creative credits on songs than BIGBANG? And that they far outstrip EXO? BIGBANG has credits on roughly 89 of their group's songs. When I counted 3rd-gen Big 3 boy group creative credits, GOT7 has the most creative credits by absolute numbers at more than 95 (I suspect they are only second to BTS among their generation but I haven't counted), and the next closest one is Day6 under JYPE division 4. (Though in relative terms, Day6 is the winner because every song they released has been composed by them, while about 35% of GOT7's songs had no creative involvement by the members). So that's why I find accusations about "JYPE is not letting our members make the music they want!" to be ill-informed, because the fans saying that probably don't have much idea about the rest of the industry, and just how many creative opportunities JYPE has given the members by comparison.

What I think JYPE Division 2 didn't do so well was manage communications with the fans. Especially when things turned nasty, or when dealing with stalker fans / sasaengs. But that's fan-management, not artist-management. Poor promotions as well, but some of that has also to do with partnerships and outsourcing to other distribution companies. JYPE artists have access to some of the best and most well-equipped facilities in Korea for dance practice and recordings, they have comfortable dorms, good access to food and other company benefits, are all earning money from not only performances but also song royalties. Could the management improve? Sure. They're still fumbling around a bit trying to figure out how to promote their artists well on the global stage, and how to build good working partnerships in foreign countries who speak a different language. And they definitely need to get better people to manage PR and fan communications. But "not being promoted well on the global stage" is not the same as "being beaten up until hospitalization and not being paid" forms of mistreatment.

The most harshly-treated of JYPE's artists were probably the first-gen, like g.o.d. and Rain. And yet, those guys still maintain a good relationship with their former boss. After all, it's not every day that your boss pays to save your Mom's life.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!