Questions for Bts fans : What is the current relationship between BTS members (mainly suga/RM) and the khiphop scene ?

• I've been waiting for big collabs between RM/Suga and artists of the khiphop scene for years.

We are now in 2022 and it feels like those chances are now very slim, can I still hope ?

BTS have incredible rappers that I believe could have made wave in the Khiphop scene, and could have inspired many rappers. They are truly skillful and could have shut the mouth of so many haters in the scene.

I know that at the beginning of their career the relations were broken cz they received a lot of hate from the hip hop scene. But at the same time I saw Bobby/Mino and Zico receive a lot of hate too but still pushing themselves into the khiphop scene and they are now really respected rappers. Idk how their situation was different, Ive seen what happened with B-Free and VMC during an event in 2013 but I feel like something could have change by now

TLDR : I badly want collabs can I still have some hopes ?

• yoongi wanted tablo (epik high) for d2 mixtape but there was schedule conflict

i'm trying to verify this one since i think i heard yoongi say something like this during vlive but look what i found!

epik high participated in eternal shine lyrics!

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

External Content youtu.be

• Rm is very close tiger jk and both rm and suga are close to epik high and also collabed with them multiple times. These are the gods of khiphop. So idk what are you talking about?

:whatb:

Tiger JK a legend for those collabs

• Rm is very close tiger jk and both rm and suga are close to epik high and also collabed with them multiple times. These are the gods of khiphop. So idk what are you talking about?

i'm not trying to diss Tiger JK or Epik High but they aren't the current generation of khiphop, nor RM and Suga's generation. It's really cool to see those collabs of course but It's not big collabs (title track etc...) and those artists are far from their primes.

Like I know it shouldn't be a concern but let me put it this way. If rn Stray Kids would do a collab with another kpop artist, I would rather have them collab with someone of their gen (NCT/TXT etc...) or maybe 3rd gen like BTS EXO etc but 2nd gen is like so old that it always kinds of feel cheaper and not something sustainable (meaning those artists have been in the industry for so long there is little hope for much more collabs)

• They do have collabs with khh artists though. Maybe not just the ones you would prefer? I don't know about their connection with that side of things currently but they're still friends with some of the rappers.

• They do have collabs with khh artists though. Maybe not just the ones you would prefer? I don't know about their connection with that side of things currently but they're still friends with some of the rappers.

yea but Epik High and Tiger JK unless I'm missing something it's like they are collabbing with the grandfathers of khh. I'm not trying to shame them but when epik high debuted rm was 9 years old. It's about making collab with the current generation, or at least people of their generation. Helping the current landscape of the khh scene grow.

Epik High and Tiger JK influence in the khh scene are still high but they aren't frontrunners now and collab with them imo doesn't mean a collab with the current landscape of khh. And Tiger JK and Epik High among khh artists are even less involved than some other 1st gen artists like Dynamic Duo or Pal

• yea but Epik High and Tiger JK unless I'm missing something it's like they are collabbing with the grandfathers of khh. I'm not trying to shame them but when epik high debuted rm was 9 years old. It's about making collab with the current generation, or at least people of their generation. Helping the current landscape of the khh scene grow.

Epik High and Tiger JK influence in the khh scene are still high but they aren't frontrunners now and collab with them imo doesn't mean a collab with the current landscape of khh. And Tiger JK and Epik High among khh artists are even less involved than some other 1st gen artists like Dynamic Duo or Pal

I see what you mean.

There's still hope for those collabs when they start focusing on their solo careers. It's just that the BTS members barely promote solo so we rarely see things like this. Suga says he gets so many calls for callabs and producing but scheduling is too difficult for most things to come to fruition.

• I'm sure a lot of khh artists would be down to do something just for the massive exposure. At the same time though I think khh tends to still look down on kpop -- BGs especially.

• they can collaborate with whoever they want, BH does not prohibit them. Check out this TXT masterpiece featuring top Korean rappers

• i'm not trying to diss Tiger JK or Epik High but they aren't the current generation of khiphop, nor RM and Suga's generation. It's really cool to see those collabs of course but It's not big collabs (title track etc...) and those artists are far from their primes.

Like I know it shouldn't be a concern but let me put it this way. If rn Stray Kids would do a collab with another kpop artist, I would rather have them collab with someone of their gen (NCT/TXT etc...) or maybe 3rd gen like BTS EXO etc but 2nd gen is like so old that it always kinds of feel cheaper and not something sustainable (meaning those artists have been in the industry for so long there is little hope for much more collabs)

i guess its not really a direct collab but changmo featured on the song wine that yoongi produced for suran

External Content www.youtube.com

honestly speaking bts has made it clear they do not see themselves as a hip hop group anymore. namjoon's last mixtape specifically went more of an urban, indie route than hard hitting hip hop like some people may have expected from him. bts have a tumultuous relationship with kpop and the khip hop industry so it seems like they've cut many personally ties in both fields. that might be why "modern" hip hop collabs arent happening

who's your favorite artist?

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!