Visuals are dominating the industry more than ever

• Chaehyun

#1 Winner of GP999, Center of Kep1er, most popular member in Korea

FII8pjlXMAE0Kyn?format=jpg&name=large

No:ze

Most popular backup dancer in Korea despite being the first to be eliminated in SWF, trends and gets CFs

FIeHSRgWUAEOre6?format=jpg&name=small

Yooyeon

Most popular trainee of MBC My Teenage Girl, expect to debut in the final group

FIGxiR_XIAAOfLx?format=jpg&name=medium

Youngchae

Another trending contestant in MBC My Teenage Girl

FIGd6eLaIAIWBwd?format=jpg&name=medium

Wonyoung

Considered a top visual of the 4th gen. Very popular among female fansFIZNCImVkAYGVA9?format=jpg&name=large

Other popular visuals:

FImC9pIVQAg1aG7?format=jpg&name=large

FIWcUN9WYAYMsgd?format=jpg&name=large

• It's true. No one was famous for being a visual before now. :clown:

• Yooyeon

Most popular trainee of MBC My Teenage Girl, expect to debut in the final group

She still has a long way to go. She was ranked last of her grade by the live audience in last week's episode. And the seniors team hasn't even secured a spot in the final group yet; they would need at least three for her to qualify I think, which is not a given at this point.

Now, of course the production team can adapt the rules to make it easier for her to get in; if they heavily favor the online voting audience and if these people only look at the contestants' pictures but don't watch the show, everything can happen. But for now, Myungseo and Chaewon have a better shot at qualifying.

The group will have only 7 members; two spots have already been awarded to other grades than Yooyeon's, so the remaining five are gonna be hard fought.

• What about Xiaoting?

She is mainly known for her performance skills. Visuals are just cherry on top.

but visuals have always dominated (or at the very least) been some of the most popular idols since like forever no?

Jungkook is the most popular kpop and he is mainly known for his allround abilities. Lisa is the most popular female and she is mainly known for her rapping and dancing so I don't think so. "2nd gen"s most popular is GD who was mainy known for his producing skillls while Taeyeon was known for her singing skills.

"4th gen" is more concentrated on visual side of things of kpop than talent. Now that I think about it the most popular members of almost all the groups turn out to be visuals. They prioritise dancing more than singing even while performing. That should tell you something.

• She is mainly known for her performance skills. Visuals are just cherry on top.

Jungkook is the most popular kpop and he is mainly known for his allround abilities. Lisa is the most popular female and she is mainly known for her rapping and dancing so I don't think so. "2nd gen"s most popular is GD who was mainy known for his producing skillls while Taeyeon was known for her singing skills.

but Chaehyun was known for her singing never her visuals? meanwhile Xiaoting was voted the prettiest on GP999 and everyone considers her the n.1 visual of the group

I agree she’s known for her talent more than her looks, but Chaehyun is not a good comparison because Xiaoting’s actually known as a “talented visual”, and Chaehyun is known as a singer

• She is mainly known for her performance skills. Visuals are just cherry on top.

true true my friend hence why I said some of...

• but Chaehyun was known for her singing never her visuals? meanwhile Xiaoting was voted the prettiest on GP999 and everyone considers her the n.1 visual of the group

I agree she’s known for her talent more than her looks, but Chaehyun is not a good comparison because Xiaoting’s actually known as a “talented visual”, and Chaehyun is known as a singer

I did not watch GP999. Just few clips here and there and performances so I almost never come across Chaehyun till the final happened so I don't know. I'm not comparing her with Chaehyun though. Just wanted to tell the user why she probably wasn't here.

Anyways this user hates Xiaoting so he wouldn't include her in any of his praising threads.

• I did not watch GP999. Just few clips here and there and performances so I almost never come across Chaehyun till the final happened so I don't know. I'm not comparing her with Chaehyun though. Just wanted to tell the user why she probably wasn't here.

Anyways this user hates Xiaoting so he wouldn't include her in any of his praising threads.

the last sentence is true actually 😒😒

• I did not watch GP999. Just few clips here and there and performances so I almost never come across Chaehyun till the final happened so I don't know. I'm not comparing her with Chaehyun though. Just wanted to tell the user why she probably wasn't here.

I don't hate Xiaoting. I'm just not 'hyped' for her like others here are. I just find her a good performer and she looks cute. I'm more impressed by other idols

• yuna is so pretty wtf

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!