{bts} do other armys feel this way too?

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

maybe, maybe not. If you want my opinion, you have to tell me what is in that twt tweet.

• agree.

i think that's what bothering a lot of kpop stans (not all). They don't like bts defying "the kpop system". instead of kpop groups rising to the top for a couple of years & then losing relevancy/passing the torch and fans to the next group, bts is staying at the top with most of their fandom.

It's such a strange concept to me though, why would you like or prefer a system that puts an expiration date on your favourite artist?

• I do agree to an extent, kpop acts have a short shelf life (4-7 years consistent activity) and BTS is already past that point which is why some kpop fans called them old or that they should enlist, which is pretty sad and it doesnt seem the kpop community cares about talking about this or doing anything about it.

• I kinda agree.

A lot of antis, and even non-fans, are claiming that BTS are 'old', are 'past their peak', that the fourth gen is coming to take them down... but the truth is they are only applying kpop standards there... in the real world you're not old at 30.

And if they want to keep making music together until they're 70 like they're saying, then who the heck is going to stop them.

• I do

BTS continue to stay on top and growing because they continue to deliver their 110% and grow musically. Some people might not like their growth or changes but plenty of people do, and plenty more appreciate and enjoy it. BTS long standing popularity is a reflection of their artistry and work ethic as much as it is because of ARMYS that support them. When you deliver quality and continue to outdo yourselves, then it's easy for people to stick with you and see you through.

On the otherhand, the Kpop industry itself promote that life-cycle expiration date because idols capitalize on youth and market to the youth. But that's not BTS problem.

• Honestly I don’t really know? I do think one thing that sets BTS apart it’s that Armys are there for BTS only and don’t really care about the company much so they’ll have more longevity because they don’t rely on the company supporting them, but about Kpop fans not being able to accept it because kpop is cycle i don’t really agree, I wonder if older kpop fans feel like me but for a long long time bigbang was considered THE top boy group and I never saw ppl care about when will they enlist can they go away etc I feel like they just don’t like BTS and make excuses

• In a way I agree, BTS and BH have never been too keen in following the standard kpop career path either. Maybe it's just me but I've noticed a major change in the last 2 years, they're definitely distancing themselves from their idol imagine and are far more focused on building themselves a career and a legacy to last far beyond what's conventional for a kpop idol. They're not even playing in same league anymore.

I know some armys and especially k-armys are upset about BTS not promoting on music/variety shows, not taking acting gigs or being on every single award shows because that's what they're used to from kpop idols, but personally, I think it's a step in the right direction.

BTS are still so young and there's so much for them to explore artistically, fans will be here for them for as long as they want to perform and even beyond.

• Kpop industry really isn't much different than pop industry in the west. You can have longevity here but there's still a lot that are flash in the pans.

The difference is that those artist typically just aren’t able to sustain their fame, or make music that appeals to the public again... in the kpop industry they intentionally make idol groups and shelve the older groups to push forward the next generation instead of letting them fade out organically.

• Honestly I don’t really know? I do think one thing that sets BTS apart it’s that Armys are there for BTS only and don’t really care about the company much so they’ll have more longevity because they don’t rely on the company supporting them, but about Kpop fans not being able to accept it because kpop is cycle i don’t really agree, I wonder if older kpop fans feel like me but for a long long time bigbang was considered THE top boy group and I never saw ppl care about when will they enlist can they go away etc I feel like they just don’t like BTS and make excuses

That’s because Big Bag wasn’t a threat nor where they astronomically bigger than the next group.

Other groups had big touring numbers and higher sales than BB.. BB excelled in digital, but other groups still had good digitals too.

BTS completely demolished everyone in every metric, and most male groups now digitals are non existent. Kpop definitely blame BTS for this and have this weird thinking that if BTS goes away to the military or if Armys stop supporting them and let their faves win “because They deserve it” the. Their faves can be more popular too. It’s weird af.

• in the kpop industry they intentionally make idol groups and shelve the older groups to push forward the next generation instead of letting them fade out organically.

Ikr there are a few groups I did not see this happening but rather the group started fading out because the members started focusing on solo activities, which is the more acceptable way to end. Now that you said that I just thought about how much more beneficial to the company is to just “mistreat” the group like that until fans lose interest, the group will never be able to establish itself and the hype falls only on the company so they’re able to debut whatever group coming after them.

• That’s because Big Bag wasn’t a threat nor where they astronomically bigger than the next group.

Other groups had big touring numbers and higher sales than BB.. BB excelled in digital, but other groups still had good digitals too.

BTS completely demolished everyone in every metric, and most male groups now digitals are non existent. Kpop definitely blame BTS for this and have this weird thinking that if BTS goes away to the military or if Armys stop supporting them and let their faves win “because They deserve it” the. Their faves can be more popular too. It’s weird af

I understand your point even tho imo Bigbang was actually a threat for year end awards and polls, music shows etc they were not good on physicals but excelled on everything else in a way or another. I remember back in 2017 with Taeyang comeback kpop fans thoughts he would get SOTY and were more than okay with that… my point is some kpop fans have always had a hate boner for BTS and made up excuses, it’s just not because they got daesangs, they’ve been annoying even back when BTS had no daesang. I don’t know how to explain why they’re like that and I agree it’s weird

Edit: Ie, that western validation thing that is something I look back and I still don’t understand how it happened, and even if someone says “it’s bc armys blabla” there were far worse kpop fandoms back in time and I didn’t see people going after them like that

• The difference is that those artist typically just aren’t able to sustain their fame, or make music that appeals to the public again... in the kpop industry they intentionally make idol groups and shelve the older groups to push forward the next generation instead of letting them fade out organically.

Artists get shelved here too. All in all fans can be fickle.

imo the difference between the BB and BTS stuff is

1. BigBang released less as a group than BTS do so while when they released it was normally a smash hit digitally, they weren't always THERE to win awards that could have possibly gone to others.

2. As wendi said they weren't as dominant as BTS is basically.

3. one last thing... they were a Big3 group.

yes they had their solos again that did well but again it was mainly just digitally so awards like Album of the Year at most shows were unlikely to go to them thus "leaving" an award for other groups to get, in most cases it was probably TVXQ, Super Junior and EXO until BTS obviously came along.

basically a lot of the time its just jealously essentially

• Honestly I think BTS still has the company's support with their works and hybe doesn't want them to fade out. Unlike SM or YG who force their idols to fade. Honestly EXO could have been a lot bigger had SM still promoted them properly. Instead they choose to focus on NCT and leave EXO to their solo works. I don't understand why they can't do both groups. Same with SNSD and RV and with YG it was 2NE1 and BP. Now SNSD and 2NE1 were in controversies but it makes no sense why the company couldn't just defend them and make a comeback after a short break. Like BH didn't just give up on BTS and focus on TXT when JK had his tattoo artist "scandel".

If I say anything incorrect please correct me and I will edit my comment accordingly. I'm also very sarcastic so please don't take anything I say to heart.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!