SM has been lazy this year with year-end awards and festivals

• Their groups (at the least girl groups) have just been performing like it is a normal stage. Their outfits aren't even that special either as they always have high-quality outfits.

Where every other girl group had remixes or dance break, Red Velvet and aespa were just the normal song and dance. It's kind of disappointing on SM's end as these year end performances should be special.

Has anyone else noticed this??

• Facts.

I mean they can't even put some basic props on the stage?? And the intro? Btch thats just walking om the stage for 10 seconds with instrumental and called it an intro? Wur

• Big events like award shows and year end festivals are such a great opportunity to catch the eyes of new people and make new fans. I don't know why SM keeps letting this opprtunity slip right through their fingers. They used to make good work of the big size of their lineup and always produce fun collaboration stages or at the very least actually invest in their artists individual stages.

• NCT's set from MAMA 2020 was actually good.

I would say they simply don't bother when their artists aren't going to win big awards but NCT didn't win any big awards last year either :melon_think:

For EXO they just took their concert set and put it at award shows in 2018

It made me so mad.

I mean yes those were expensive and good but what a cop out. Also it’s so hard to get into con why ARE YOU SHOWING IT FOR FREE ON TV BYE

Tbh NCT have not had a stage like this (neither have EXO in a long time)

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Where is this effort eye-

• They did that to SJ too, they used the stage set from their tour at the time for their MAMA stage and what's even worse is the tour stages were actually directed by Eunhyuk and Shindong thesemlves :facepalm:

• u know those performances on award/year end shows and music shows dont bring in money for a group and company.

so I dont really care about them, its a job without getting any money in the end.

they probably have other schedules to focus on (that actually bring in the money).

First of all, as fans we shouldn't be dismissing shortcomings just because a particular event might not bring the company of our faves' enough money. It's not our money anyway.

Second, like i said in my other post, these shows provide great exposure because many people tune in either to watch their faves or out of curiosity, which means lots of potential fans. This will translate in profit if done right.

And finally, SM used to invest in such occasions.

• First of all, as fans we shouldn't be dismissing shortcomings just because a particular event might not bring the company of our faves' enough money. It's not our money anyway.

Second, like i said in my other post, these shows provide great exposure because many people tune in either to watch their faves or out of curiosity, which means lots of potential fans. This will translate in profit if done right.

And finally, SM used to invest in such occasions.

no need to attack me. lol

I just have a different opinion on those things.

you might see it as a shortcoming, but thats not the case for me as I focus more on the actual performance (vocal and dance performance). I dont care about props, I want to see the group and their performance.

also, saying "its not my money anyways" is highly offensive against the groups.

its not the companies money alone, your idols also get paid nothing for those performances in the end.

so I can understand why bigger companies focus more on other schedules instead.

and to be honest, if it doest pay enough, I rather see them at other events.

you also need to realize that bigger companies like sm dont need the attention from those events.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

♦ visit my aesthetic shop here

• i wasn't attacking you, i was only disagreeing with what you said.

I don't understand why we should care about idols' money, let them worry about that themselves, it is literally none of our business, besides, you have no idea how they feel about it. If you are trying to say that idols support the company's decision not to invest in their year end shows' stages then i am simply going to disagree with you because that's illogical.

And from what i could see, this is an SM thing, not a "all bigger companies" things, besides, like what i said before SM actually used to invest and produce better year end stages before.

• u know those performances on award/year end shows and music shows dont bring in money for a group and company.

so I dont really care about them, its a job without getting any money in the end.

they probably have other schedules to focus on (that actually bring in the money).

Lol what does bringing in money have anything to do with anything. Award show performances bring in so many views on social media. You can’t even quantify impact like that. The fans you convert with these clips that people share on social media are the ones who Will eventually visit your concert. This is called common sense.

Fans pay a zillion dollars in album sales merch and concerts etc. They deserve good performances and content in ALL shows.

I want every single performance to be high quality. Because the group is high quality and they don’t deserve any low quality performances

Best DONT send your idol. That’s completely fine by me. But nothing justifies a bad or half assed performance.

• i wasn't attacking you, i was only disagreeing with what you said.

I don't understand why we should care about idols' money, let them worry about that themselves, it is literally none of our business, besides, you have no idea how they feel about it. If you are trying to say that idols support the company's decision not to invest in their year end shows' stages then i am simply going to disagree with you because that's illogical.

And from what i could see, this is an SM thing, not a "all bigger companies" things, besides, like what i said before SM actually used to invest and produce better year end stages before.

you know that being an idol is a job? those idols dont do this out of charity, its a job they are getting (hopefully) paid for. so how can you say that money doest matter? or that it doesnt have to do with anything?

if you had a job would you do it if you wont get paid? no, ofc not. if you had a company, would you invest in sth you wont get money back? no, ofc not. if you understood even a little bit of business, you would agree with me on that part. and as fans, ofc we should care about our idols payment. as we (the fans) pay for concerts, merch, albums etc. we do this for our idols payment, not the company. so why should I support an award show that doesnt give my idols proper props or stages? because thats not the companies fault, but that of the show. the groups actually get a time limit for the performance. mnet once cut exos performance short etc. its not like sm said "hey, lets cut exos performance 1 min shorter".

I understand why you point out the outfit problem, I do understand that part at least because its the companies responsibility, but demanding quality from a show you dont pay for as a fan is just nonsense. ofc its a different matter with concerts, because you actually pay for the ticket, so its reasonable to demand quality from it.

ofc I dont know how those idols feel about, but I know at least that my idols (shinee) see it as a job and ofc they want to earn money. they said that in interviews before. and thats a normal human thing, to get paid for your job. they want to make a living too.

so if a group wont perform on such a show for whatever reason, its fine by me. if the stage if half assed, so what? its not the idols or companies fault that those award shows play dirty in the back. all award shows are biased, we all should know by now. there are so many unfair things happening behind stage, idk if we all wanted to know about it honestly.

all I care about is my idols happiness. every fan should.

e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj 1c0edef70bd6974f36d15be96d5399a1cfaed76e.gifv c205b019cd8a46c569e9c4e2f04194a2fde39f74.gifv e27eb299e8ce0bafba7649c82fc04d200d42a974.gifv e7d1119bd4bbe2a24c5185fd89153163a8e95675.pnj

• you do realise that we are not talking about idols NOT performing in these shows right? they have already perfromed so your point about wanting idols to get paid is moot. The main complaint here is about SM not providing special stages worthy of big events such as year end festivals and award shows.

• Sorry too long didn’t read. You ignored that part where I said the impact of these performances is not quantifiable…it probably ends up making way more lifetime money than even concerts. I’m an exo fan because I saw their epic live stage and spent so much money on them.

award show performance make money. A lot of it.

• you do realise that we are not talking about idols NOT performing in these shows right? they have already perfromed so your point about wanting idols to get paid is moot. The main complaint here is about SM not providing special stages worthy of big events such as year end festivals and award shows.

I just realized that its useless to have a discussion with you as you dont understand what I`m writing and whats I`m trying to say. :thumbup:

• Sorry too long didn’t read. You ignored that part where I said the impact of these performances is not quantifiable…it probably ends up making way more lifetime money than even concerts. I’m an exo fan because I saw their epic live stage and spent so much money on them.

award show performance make money. A lot of it.

if you dnt read whats the point in you answering?

I simply didnt point out the social media part because I already mentioned in my previous post that sm doesnt need the attention from those shows.

• I just realized that its useless to have a discussion with you as you dont understand what I`m writing and whats I`m trying to say. :thumbup:

Because your entire premise is wrong. Lol.

By your logic marketing is wrong. Marketing is spending money to make more money. You spend money on things like grand stages to attract more fans which will end up making you way more money in the long run.

Just take the L on this one instead of continuing to sound silly.

• I just realized that its useless to have a discussion with you as you dont understand what I`m writing and whats I`m trying to say. :thumbup:

that's true, i don't understand why you insist on discussing the theory of how these idols wouldn't want to perform in these shows because they won't get paid, when a- that was never in the original discussion to begin with and b- the idols we are talking about have already perfromed in these shows despite not getting paid anyway. That's literally not what we are discussing here but you are right, it is useless to keep going in circles so let's agree to disagree.

• if you dnt read whats the point in you answering?

I simply didnt point out the social media part because I already mentioned in my previous post that sm doesnt need the attention from those shows.

This is a wrong assumption the biggest mistake SM did with EXO. I can directly tell you not having easy content that fans can hype on social is a direct reason why SM lag behind their counterparts.

There is NOTHING more valuable than hype on social media. NOTHING.

• All the efforts must be going for that SMTOWN concert or whatever that is.

I doubt that either. From what I observed in recent years they put a lot of effort into the artists' tours but not so much on year-end shows including the SMTOWN online concert last year (it was nice but nothing like their old offline Smtowns- in efforts).

lt64IYu.gif

• EXO had amazing and creative year end stages through the career. And even when sm was giving us nothing, they were pulling off a show with their energy and live vocals, so I used to not complain

External Content m.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Even with just some dancers and lipsyncing, I could feel they were having the time of their lives

External Content m.youtube.com

I miss my exo

:peperain:

• EXO year end stages were a GIFT :pepe-sad:

I agree. but what about remixes? they could have used for example Next Level (Lionclad Remix) but in a way appropriate to the current choreography. absolute minimum.. sm is just a lazy ass.

I have faith in Kibum for SBS gayo

Also few other year end concerts he did so far have been glamorous

External Content www.youtube.com

• This thread contains 7 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!