[enter-talk] Park Myung Soo mentioned his controversy with Twice

• [enter-talk] Park Myung Soo mentioned his controversy with Twice

image.png

Title: Park Myungsoo, Twice, controversy over mentioning digital scores "I can't mention charts anymore"

In red:
    You could see Park Myungsoo acting vigilant when asking Davichi about their digital scores.
    Park Myungsoo says "Christmas carol are hard to release because it is limited to its season." "I shouldn't be mentioning digital charts because there was a misunderstanding last time but do you expect to achieve #1?"
    Davichi replies "Why shouldn't you be able to mention them?"
    Park Myungsoo "Go check on internet"

post response:
    [+495][-16]
    original post: here

1. [+379. -19]
    Once's victim mentality is amazing. Of course they will be asked what the responses look like if they released a new song. They couldn't answer, so he thought they didn't know and said that they can look at it together. If their results were good, would you still think it was rude for him to ask? Stop this bullsh*t

2. [+340, -11]
    Park Myung soo is getting treated like he committed the biggest crime just for mentioning the charts once. Isn't it obvious to ask about the responses and the ranking when you release a new song?

3. [+262, -7]
    The fandom set him death threats just for asking for a ranking of a new song
    image.png

4. [+138, -2]
    No matter what you think of it, I can't understand why Park Myungoo was in the wrong? To me, Once was the ones in the wrong for spending an entire day swearing at Park Myungsoo just for asking a new song's score

5. [+137, -2]
    I bet if they were toping charts on Melon, nobody would've called him rude for asking

[theqoo] PARK MYUNGSOO, CONTROVERSY OVER MENTIONING TWICE'S DIGITAL SCORE "I CAN'T MENTION CHARTS ANYMORE"

source: https://entertain.v.daum.net/v/20211213112913863

original post: here

1. Park Myungsoo did nothing wrong, the fans are the problem dragging him by the hair and blowing this out of proportions. Park Myungsoo was trying hard not to turn this into some broadcast controversy meanwhile the fans are the ones who couldn't wake up

2. Because the fans are making a fuss about it, they turned Park Myungsoo into the victim

3. Park Myungsoo is pitiful... Why are they still hating on him?

4. The fans are the issues here. Ever since Signal, I don't know if they're fangirling over Twice or fangirling over their scores. They even terrorized Park Jinyoungㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The fans always say that they don't need them to have good scores, yet they're always prepared to hate on someone if their scores are bad. Twice has been promoting for so long already, of course it wouldn't be possible for them to maintain their prime

5. Park Myungsoo, Twice, fighting

6. I don't think it was a good question to ask either... But the fans blew it out of proportions by sending hate to Park Myungsoo's IG, I still think it might only be a part of the fandom

7. How not to become a weirdo = just look at communities for what not to do

8. If you're really their fans, stop acting like this pleaseㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

9. Park Myungsoo asked an innocent question and got beaten up..

10. I really hope that none of them get hated on for this incident anymore..

• This is just a mess. Park Myung Soo definitely didn't deserve the death threats he received. It shouldn't have even gotten that far. That being said, I'm getting really sick of people using this to hate on Twice themselves. Could Tzuyu and Dahyun have done better answering the question? Yes. However, the hate Twice has received just isn't right. All of this just because he asked how the song was doing.

• i still don't understand this controversy '-'

MC radio often talk about the success of a song in chart why wouldn't they be able to talk about the charting a song '-'

it's not like celebrities and mc host care about the charting of idol , he didn't told them "you're flopping"

he only asked them how was the reaction to the song on the chart

it's not a weird question , i think what really made this situation awkward is how none of the members could answer back

for example Shindong from Suju who a question who sounded more rude than the one Myungsoo ask because he got ask directly if he was sad that Suju new song didn't enter the top 100

but in contrary of twice members he was able to quickly answer and not make the situation awkward

there's no reason to attack him when myungsoo was just doing his job '-'

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Why is the strange comments about their BFs being ignored once again?

Or the constant asking if Tzuyu could understand him?

Suppose that doesn't fit the narrative. Someone tell these middle age Korean men acting like an innocent child isn't cute when you have a record of strange and incel like behaviour.

• I mean why would you ask twice, who were doing poorly on the charts at that time, about their charting? seriously, it made them obviously uncomfortable...

well to be honest he didn't even ask for the chart performance first he asked them

" You are carrying out promotion activities for “SCIENTIST’, so how is the reaction to the song? Fans are getting more enthusiastic about it, right?

and when none of the member answer to this question, he asked them how the song was doing in the chart and especially Melon

✩We Born with the X-Gene✩

aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip aespa Brand Concept Day Photoshoot Behind - Pantip

• Regardless of his intentions with the original question, this time was unnecessary and shady to bring up and obviously would just encourage people to hate on them again. Also back to the original situation, did he not even look up the song or bother to check out the people he's about to interview? That's on him. I wouldn't go into an interview for someone promoting their song without at least checking out some basics on the song to 1) be informed and 2) avoid sensitivities like this

Anyways people can hate on Tzuyu and Dahyun all they want but the fact is none of them would be able to handle it better. If something went "wrong" with your own career (and you were also already receiving hate for it) and someone publicly asked you about it, most people would also be taken aback and not sure how to answer

And just to clarify, he didn't deserve the death threats and other extreme hate but this was unnecessary

• Why is the strange comments about their BFs being ignored once again?

Or the constant asking if Tzuyu could understand him?

Suppose that doesn't fit the narrative. Someone tell these middle age Korean men acting like an innocent child isn't cute when you have a record of strange and incel like behaviour.

Laughing because people in this thread aren't even addressing that.

That's the main reason why people got pissed. Not because of the charts, who cares. it's because of the constant "Can you understand me? Can you speak Korean?" to Tzuyu.

~ ω

• Laughing because people in this thread aren't even addressing that.

That's the main reason why people got pissed. Not because of the charts, who cares. it's because of the constant "Can you understand me? Can you speak Korean?" to Tzuyu.

Also people conveniently ignoring all the other times this dude has been shady.. I won't say I know his intentions and stay fairly neutral in that aspect but this wouldn't exactly be anything new if he went into the question with the intention of it being an attack. How he handled it was wrong regardless of why he originally asked it and now continuing to shade them and encouraging more hate is even more wrong

• Out of the loop. Why is park Myung Soo Takin mentioning Twice charts wrong? It's a fair question normally especially as I doubt he pays attention to charts or idol music in general. Was he trolling or were once overreacting?

• Also people conveniently ignoring all the other times this dude has been shady.. I won't say I know his intentions and stay fairly neutral in that aspect but this wouldn't exactly be anything new if he went into the question with the intention of it being an attack. How he handled it was wrong regardless of why he originally asked it and now continuing to shade them and encouraging more hate is even more wrong

Exactly. He's insulted SO many idols before from Jessica to BTS and have been called out by their fandoms and the idols themselves but now that it's TWICE, it's the girls fault for being too sensitive and not knowing?

Fuck outta here. Park Myungsoo is trash for constantly making fun and joking about Tzuyu's Korean.

~ ω

• well to be honest he didn't even ask for the chart performance first he asked them

" You are carrying out promotion activities for “SCIENTIST’, so how is the reaction to the song? Fans are getting more enthusiastic about it, right?

and when none of the member answer to this question, he asked them how the song was doing in the chart and especially Melon

None of that is a bad thing to ask under any circumstances a and likely would be asked of any artist regardless if the music was popular or not.

• Laughing because people in this thread aren't even addressing that.

Still This isn't even a big deal. As a Korean man myself. I see this often asked by those of the older generation, for a variety of reasons. Some mannerisms that forgieners display make it seem like they aren't paying attention so you might ask halfway through the conversation " are you following me? Or do you understand". Another reason could be they aren't familiar with your level of Korean and may ask a few times during a conversation especially if the subject presented goes into more formal speech a different dialect or newer slang a good amount of that stuff isn't taught in a school curriculum. The older generation is abit more rough with it like "do you understand Korean" instead of" are you understanding me well?" One sounds less harsh both mean the same fucking thing neither is done to mock you.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!