Top 5 of idol groups with the most successful year in 2021

• This year we had many successful idol groups from all gens but here is I would rank the top 5 of most successful in my opinion:

1. BTS: the most successful group in the world it doesn’t need explanation.

2. Aespa: Next Level the biggest idol group song in SK in 2021, Savage album and song keeping them at the top and making sure if you didn’t think they were the moment now you will. Them winning 2 daesangs including the Record of the year at MMA becoming the first female artist to do so. The list of achievements they got not only as a 4th gen but for ggs and even idol groups is really long.

3. Brave Girls: The unexpected success of Rollin’ alone deserve this rank, even tho I’m kinda bittersweet their comeback didn’t perform as I expected they keep getting many brand deals and I’m sure their future will be huge and they have more sides to show and many talent to come with an even bigger smash hit.

4. NCT DREAM: The second best performing boygroup on Melon and winner of a bonsang at MMA, the second best selling album on Gaon, the third most streamed bg MV of the year. NCT DREAM first full album Hot Sauce was massive and got plenty first records for them and the NCT brand.

5. TXT: Their rise of physical sales wasn’t what impressive me the most but their performance on US charts, like I truly didn’t expect that amazing longevity plus their album having such amazing reviews and being one of the most streamed albums, I think TXT deserve this rank. Many people even before their debut were expecting them to peak right after debut but that didn’t happen and we love to see it.

NOTE: I only counted the ones that released music in 2021 because for example BLACKPINK despite not dropping group music they are #1 in many gg ranks and achieved a lot all around the world while only doing solo activities through this year.

• Agreed with the list but Stayc should be on the list too instead of txt. Asap is one of the popular idol song in S.Korea atm and their album sell very well too. Not too say, with their Asap success, the girls managed to grab more endorsemnts deal.

• I don't agre with some ranks. Inly dream aespa and BTS

Twice charted on bb hot 100, the feels also got amazing international numbers and they keep breaking their previous physical records, being the best selling gg this year and selling almost 100k in the US with a top 4(? Debut on bb200.

Nct 127 became a 2 million seller with sticker and the repackage also surpassed 1 million. They charted on melon daily chart for like a month, got more than 10 wins for Sticker, sold already more than 150k in the US, debuted #3 on bb 200.

Seventeen sold above 2 millions with Attaca, got two of the most successful bg songs this year in Korea, keep breaking records in Japan and they improved their charting on bb200.

So these groups should be ranked instead brave girls and txt imo.

I even consider enhypen higher than txt tbh, they became million sellers this year and their Spotify charting isn't that different.

• If we are going by growth & success I would have...

1. BTS; lol easy enough to know with new Hot100 records, best selling single album, million seller japanese compliation, ArOTY at AMA, etc

2. Aespa; have 2 big hits in NL and Savage, 500k debut album, strong streams - they have had a breakout year

3. NCT Dream; had one of the biggest increases from albums sales compared to last year, only nct track to hit 100 million index, grew international streams & charting

4. Twice; New peak international charting of bb200, hot100, and spotify, af same charting as last year, strong/growth in phsyicals

5. Tie

Stray Kids; Strong sales growth, 2nd bg in interantional stream solidified, 2nd biggest comparative digitals growth to past charting

Seventeen; Sales growth, maintained 100 mill track standard, decent growth in japanese/us sales

HMs: TXT, En-, Brave girls, NCT 127, and Stayc

• I would put in Enhypen too.

They became the group with highest album sales for 4th gen, they had a viral song that became the most streamed one of 4th gen this year, they dominated in Japan, their fandom grew so much (as showed through the mama votings as example where they're top 3), their billboard charting is one of the best for 4th gen and also, they won couple of bonsangs already, award on mma etc.

It was a very successful year for them so I would replace them with one of the groups on your list

• I agree with this, Seventeen and NCT 127 could definitely be put up there. They both had huge boosts this year to ignore.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!