Among the 5 most digitally successful 3rd gen idol groups, who releases the biggest hits?

• BLACKPINK - 31.45 weeks (346/11)

BTS – 35.21 (845/24)

Mamamoo – 18.14 (381/21)

Red Velvet – 24.43 (342/14)

TWICE – 33.06 (529/16)

Averages ranked from 5 to 1:

5. Mamamoo - 18.14 weeks

4. Red Velvet - 24.43 weeks

3. BLACKPINK - 31.45 weeks

2. TWICE - 33.06 weeks

1. BTS - 35.21 weeks

NOTE: I chose digital singles that were title tracks (double title tracks included), standalone digital singles (Savage Love Remix), or promoted pre-releases (Black Swan, HYLT, Ice Cream, Dingga).

Also the measurement is "weeks in top 100 of Gaon Digital Chart".

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

Edited 4 times, last by MassiveKpopFan ().

• Are you asking a question or telling us

Title is a question to get people's interest, I answer that question in the OP

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• You should divide by the number of title tracks, not the number of title tracks that charted.

Example (the one i instantly noticed) : you counted 18 title tracks for BTS so No more Dream wasn't counted but it was a title track that just didn't chart. BTS fans will probably find the other tracks missing.

This is a really cool stat but you should take everything into account

• Red Velvet Be Natural is missing. I guess you could count SM Station red velvet only songs like Rebirth and Would U too?

This would get 341/14 : 24.36

Mamamoo have 1 billion tracks, i can't count lol

SOngs of Mamamoo i found : Woo Hoo, Peppermint, Don't Be Happy, 1cm, Ahh OOP!, New York, Paint Me, Everyday, Gleam (promotion for glasses but still a digital single that you can buy), Wanna be Myself (same), Memory.

I think i have everything, if you count all of that : 317/24 = 13.21

A lot of those songs are collab btw, but imo its the same as Ice Cream with Selena Gomez.

• You should divide by the number of title tracks, not the number of title tracks that charted.

Example (the one i instantly noticed) : you counted 18 title tracks for BTS so No more Dream wasn't counted but it was a title track that just didn't chart. BTS fans will probably find the other tracks missing.

This is a really cool stat but you should take everything into account

There are no other tracks missing for BTS, it's their only title track that never charted top 100.

Also if I were to do your method, I would have to use only the title tracks, when some of the most successful songs up there were promoted pre-releases (looking at HYLT, Dyna, and Dingga).

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• This is why i was hesitant to make this, Mamamoo has so many pre releases, I'd get tired of doing this. Did Mamamoo release MVs for all of those? I know 1cm does.

No SM stations are on this list.

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• There are no other tracks missing for BTS, it's their only title track that never charted top 100.

Also if I were to do your method, I would have to use only the title tracks, when some of the most successful songs up there were promoted pre-releases (looking at HYLT, Dyna, and Dingga).

You should divide by the number of song that comply with your criterias : Title tracks, Heavily promoted track/double title tracks, digital singles and promoted title tracks.

• Should we always consider Mamamoo to be idols? I think they're not anymore.

Sans titre.png

People say the same thing about BTS, but they're still technically an idol group

Is he.....you know?

투모로우바이투게더 방탄
    레드벨벳엑소샤이니에이티즈

• I think you also missed Just One Day, War of Hormone And Dope for BTS. There were all very promoted and could be considered as leading tracks on their respective albums.

Also What is Come back home ? Just found this track. You should count Film Out and Make It Right no?

If you count NMD, JOD, WOH and Dope : 835/22 = 37.95

• People say the same thing about BTS, but they're still technically an idol group

I can't tell for BTS. I'm not into Boys groups so it's hard to for me to tell anything.

But for GG, Mamamoo are really different from all the others GG. I think they lost their Idols statut a time ago already.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!