The fact Suga isn't the main rapper in BTS is absolutely beyond me..

• important disclaimer: namjoon is a great rapper, leader, and a great songwriter and producer. he deserves all of the love in the world. i personally think yoongi deserves the main rapper position more based on what he has done. with that out of way, let's get to my actual take on this.

i'm usually perfectly contented with positions in kpop. i believe many companies do a pretty good job with assigning positions to their members based on their levels of talents and visuals. but for bts, i'm confused.

Screenshot 2021-02-10 at 7.17.25 PM.png

pasted-from-clipboard.png

from the videos i've watched of suga, i don't see why big hit can't just switch him to main rapper and rm to lead rapper. i understand if maybe big hit doesn't want to hurt rm's feelings, but i feel rm is simply happy that he is in bts... i mean, he is the leader and is already important to the group enough. i don't see why it would hurt if this were to happen.

back to suga, he can rap 8.3 syllables per second, produce great songs, has a great flow, (joon can do a lot of these things too, but i think suga does them at a higher level tbh.) and he's consistent. is that not main rapper material?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

you could make strong arguments that namjoon deserves his position, but suga is just on another level to me. and to make a long story short, min yoongi best boy. ~

• Suga is my bias, and I adore him, I think he is incredibly talented.

I also think he honestly doesn't give a shit about his 'official position' in the group, LOL. Namjoon and him are constantly working together, they consider each other as partners and equals in song-writing and production of songs.

That said, yes, Min Yoongi best boy :siptear:

• i’m a Yoongi stan and personally I don’t care because I feel that Yoongi is content with whatever position he is in BTS. It’s not really important when the rapline has almost equal line distributions anyway. Yoongi also releases a lot of his own stuffs and collabs so support those if you enjoy his rap and music.

• they're 8 years into their debut... the positions don't matter anymore

ad11ae11545c4b3eb5805a7ca39e8142ff38948a.gifvab99d7e017ed0eea8ec207a6947f397b83c72db7.gifv57fd3a357756b7d61797af68f7a3247c55a15e4b.gifvb8a3784d7d06f39831a2371942429ffec7c00416.gifvcc43450dc4b9751b6bbff4f0e97fb2f3feb6cf5c.gifv

𝘆𝘂𝗾𝗶 ♡ 𝗺𝗼𝗺𝗼 ♡ 𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘆𝗼𝘂, 𝘀𝗼𝗼𝗷𝗶𝗻

• Suga is my bias, and I adore him, I think he is incredibly talented.

I also think he honestly doesn't give a shit about his 'official position' in the group, LOL. Namjoon and him are constantly working together, they consider each other as partners and equals in song-writing and production of songs.

That said, yes, Min Yoongi best boy :siptear:

i'm sure he doesn't give a shit either. i just think he is more talented than just a lead rapper (without taking away the fact that namjoon is talented also)

• Those positions don't really mean anything

They both have a verse in songs

Sometimes Yoongi raps first and sometimes Namjoon raps first

One doesn't really have more parts than the other

Namjoon just writes more in general for BTS, especially when it comes to the english parts

• You're trying to be polite while belittling joon's capability in rapping. Do you understand hip hop rap? or you're just comparing to idol rap?

I don't know much about rapping either, but I watched and read some hiphop reviews. Suga is good in producing and rapping idol rap, but imo joon really expert in creating immaculate verses which is the essence in hiphop rap, remember BTS was intended to be hiphop group. Unfortunately those verses are in korean which are not easy to translate and to grasp the meaning (word play) and non-khiphop fans would be difficult to enjoy it.

I like songs produced by suga but not much for his rap except his rhythm, but combined with joon and jhope they're all superb.

• Who cares about the positions? Especially if the said group is literally 8 years old. Also this,

you know you could've just said "suga should also be the main rapper" without hoping namjoon to step down his position. There can be two main rappers in the same group, so asking Namjoon to go down to lead rapper position for Suga is an awful reason.

• I hate saying that 1 member has more talent than another, so I won't

Namjoon and Yoongi have very different styles and we have to appreciate them both

Comparing 1 rap to another is like comparing Twice singing Cheer Up and Mamamoo singing Hip

Two completely different things

I guess how you judge the rapping by determines who is better

• I agree. Suga deserves the main rapper position .

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I disagree in all aspects (RM, my baby, I will protect you and your legacy kkkk). I saw that you are praising Suga works as soloist, but in BTS the group, RM is the main rapper and I think this isn't a problem to anyone. Both are talented, but to try to take the title of main rapper from RM is just ??? He is the heart of BTS (my opinion), his position is there bc since the beginning he stood out the most artistically speaking. And as said before here their line distribution is almost equal and everybody shines! Nothing to change after 8 years of the debut.

• RM can rap, but he’s not as versatile as J-hope and Yoongi. Also Yoongi has improved a LOT and just stomps on him in general these days. Yoongi weirdly enough reminds me of Nicki Minaj lol

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!