[enter talk]TW: sensitive saesang issue and behaviour

• This is heartbreaking and I can't even imagine the trauma and scars these experiences leave behind, no wonder why a lot of people in the entertainment industry suffer from mental health issues. From what I've noticed, SM seems to be the worst company when it comes to feeding into fans' fantasies, so I'm not surprised.

Unfortunately nothing much will change until they'll tackle the root of the problem which is the entertainment companies. A lot of these sasaengs have ties within the companies or even work hand in hand with them but I don't think anyone is ready for this conversation.

• I did read a recent crime about a 35 yr old man who stalked and killed his ex gf in Korea and apparently the police did shit when the woman asked for protection( based on rough translation, dk if 100% true )

Typical.

I remember a story on a true crime show where a woman got a restraining order against her ex husband and one night he showed up at her house and stood in the road holding a gun and called her daughter's phone and kept leaving messages saying he was gonna shoot her when she came outside... the police didn't do anything because he wasn't "technically" violating the restraining order. ?(

• I did read a recent crime about a 35 yr old man who stalked and killed his ex gf in Korea and apparently the police did shit when the woman asked for protection( based on rough translation, dk if 100% true )

I'd love to say this is an exception but it's the same scenario in my country over and over again.

Violent ex husband, multiple complaints ignored or not followed by police and justice and it ends up tragically.

This is a worldwide problem but the conservative and mysoginistic SK society probably doesn't help

• Honestly can't even imagine the extent of the mental and emotional damage these psychopaths caused DBSK. To overcome a decade of this mostly unscathed, with basically no legal help because Korean law let stalkers do this shit like it's their born right.

In hindsight, the members enlisting was definitely a welcome change for them.

I hope they find happiness in their lives going forth.

• sm is to blame for this too

they cultivate their idols and fans to be interlocked in such a invasive way and they do nothing about

I saw it with exo and nct, both complaining of sasaengs observing them outside their apartment and sm doing nothing against it, they just dont care bc they know those fans will bring them money

• That article was so hard to read. I know, there was a trigger warning, but goddamn!

sm is to blame for this too

they cultivate their idols and fans to be interlocked in such a invasive way and they do nothing about

I saw it with exo and nct, both complaining of sasaengs observing them outside their apartment and sm doing nothing against it, they just dont care bc they know those fans will bring them money

I dunno what it is, but I've heard these two groups have it especially bad. </3

• And people actually had an audacity to get angry over the voice recordings where Jaejoong and some other members were talking badly about their fans...well can't really blame them when I look at all the disturbing things that where done to them

I remember people criticizing Changmin for shoving the saesang on the floor

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I remember people criticizing Changmin for shoving the saesang on the floor

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I don't blame him tbh

ofc it was a bit harsh but well deserved

• Ikr? I would probably snap in front of everyone and tell them to leave me fucking alone and worse

Good they can enjoy a bit normal lifes now tho ...well except Yoochun but really he messed up a big time

Looking at Everything these idols go through i think yoochun deserves a little sympathy. Remember here in Korea mental health is a joke, plus add the toxic idol culture of being perfect even when being wronged by others and working even when sick or injured. Then the fact fame and money isolates you from having a love life. So I'm not surprised he turned to drugs. The saseang shit plus everything else must have taken a serious toll on him. We are just lucky more idols keep it together. We have had enough suicides and drug users to understand that these people need healing and help more than anything else from their fans and the general public

• Looking at Everything these idols go through i think yoochun deserves a little sympathy. Remember here in Korea mental health is a joke, plus add the toxic idol culture of being perfect even when being wronged by others and working even when sick or injured. Then the fact fame and money isolates you from having a love life. So I'm not surprised he turned to drugs. The saseang shit plus everything else must have taken a serious toll on him. We are just lucky more idols keep it together. We have had enough suicides and drug users to understand that these people need healing and help more than anything else from their fans and the general public

Yeah I agree

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!