I can't at Oh My Girl taking notes from BP

• Yep, i noticed this last year. I thought their company would take advantage of their huge success last year but they didnt.

I wonder if the group is just tired of idol work. They're not spring chickens anymore, they're even older than Twice as a group and will hit seven years in a few months i think. They've branched out into hosting and MC work, and ive read that Mimi and Jiho havent re-signed. Jiho apparently had health issues recently.

• we actually talked about it yesterday here in other thread bout ONF

apparently it's mostly because ONF members are enlisting together in December

but yeah OMG should freakin get this one more comeback in 2021... but the one thing different between BP and OMG is that members of Oh My Girl are appearing in so many tv programs/variety shows/youtube shows in Korea which means they are all the time visible for the public, not only by posting photos on instagram etc.

Not even mentioning ton of group performances

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think the company has done well to manage the hype/steam they built in 2020 following Queendom. Every other group that competed on that show has basically not been able to build on it.

Oh My Girl got 3 hits so far from it and still look strong going forward. The only critique I would have is the company has not really done as well as they could have to build and strengthen their fanbase that much.

• Yep, i noticed this last year. I thought their company would take advantage of their huge success last year but they didnt.

I wonder if the group is just tired of idol work. They're not spring chickens anymore, they're even older than Twice as a group and will hit seven years in a few months i think. They've branched out into hosting and MC work, and ive read that Mimi and Jiho havent re-signed. Jiho apparently had health issues recently.

As frustrated as I am I think maybe it was for the better that they didn't have a ton of releases when they first broke out. It'll result in overexposure and little to no career longevity. We're already...kinda seeing this with Brave Girls as they had multiple releases this year + they were everywhere, and CMBR failed to live up to expectations as a result.

And tbh overworking is a big problem in KPOP, especially when the group in question is the company's breadwinner(like WM/OMG) so I'm glad this wasn't the case.

As for the group being tired of idol work...I don't think so or 5/7 members wouldn't have re-signed. They had every chance to quit WM because they don't really need them at this point in their career. So I think most of them are still passionate about being idols, or WM offered them a really good deal.

• I think Oh My Girl is in the point of the career that need to focus more on individual works.

Multiple comebacks are nice for fans but it can also overwork members especially some who have health problems like Jiho who took several hiatus in the past.

Also, it’s not like there are no growth in these past years. They have just broken 100,000 albums mark which is a huge achievement considering they sold only around 30,000 albums just 2 years ago. And their popularity in Korea is still very high (look at voting in MMA, they even beat Aespa)

Currently 6/7 members have resigned (which I guess Jiho is the remaining one instead of Mimi) which means we will see them as a group for at least 3 more years.

• As frustrated as I am I think maybe it was for the better that they didn't have a ton of releases when they first broke out. It'll result in overexposure and little to no career longevity. We're already...kinda seeing this with Brave Girls as they had multiple releases this year + they were everywhere, and CMBR failed to live up to expectations as a result.

And tbh overworking is a big problem in KPOP, especially when the group in question is the company's breadwinner(like WM/OMG) so I'm glad this wasn't the case.

As for the group being tired of idol work...I don't think so or 5/7 members wouldn't have re-signed. They had every chance to quit WM because they don't really need them at this point in their career. So I think most of them are still passionate about being idols, or WM offered them a really good deal.

I think brave girls problem wasn't overexposure but the way their songs became hits in the first place. A lot of people predicted rolling was just a viral fad back then and they were gaslighted, it sounded harsh but was always the most likely outcome . OMG on the other hand built a fanbase for many years before nonstop/dolphin and already had some decent hit before those 2.

That said, 8 months is not even that long in music industry just in kpop you see groups putting out stuff every 4-5 months

I felt their company had bad management ever since they followed up Secret Garden with that Oh mY banhana subunit. And then after NONSTOP they gave Yooa a solo out of nowhere when the group's brand wasnt yet stable

• As frustrated as I am I think maybe it was for the better that they didn't have a ton of releases when they first broke out. It'll result in overexposure and little to no career longevity. We're already...kinda seeing this with Brave Girls as they had multiple releases this year + they were everywhere, and CMBR failed to live up to expectations as a result.

CMBR was only BG's second release this year so this makes no sense. They were "overexposed" by advertising in CFs which is what idols are supposed to do.

• They released another single and it didn’t do well but it was unpromoted I heard they will cb on January

Tbf it seemed like Brave Brothers was just taking his sweet time with the PR back in March when they first exploded in popularity and it didnt make sense to release a repackage for BG of all groups, as if they have a fandom that will pay for everything. So yeah probably not the best marketing

• CMBR was only BG's second release this year so this makes no sense. They were "overexposed" by advertising in CFs which is what idols are supposed to do.

It was their only promoted release this year, but they had Red Sun and After We Ride.

idk we'll have to see with their next comeback but it's not really looking good so far :gaycat6:

• It was their only promoted release this year, but they had Red Sun and After We Ride.

idk we'll have to see with their next comeback but it's not really looking good so far :gaycat6:

Those were older songs that the public happened to find though. Its only natural that happened. Like overexposure isnt really going to make you fail. It can happen, but for a group of their status, ofc they need to be overexposured so people know who they are.

• I made a thread asking the same thing, and I found out Jiho and Mimi are still discussing contract renewal, it seems their fans have many things against the company regarding their promotions...

Idk what are the people t WM doing, they need to secure OMG since it's the biggest group they have got in a while , and recently their only active bg ONF announced they will enlist together, so there goes their second money makers, gone for almost 2 years... Chaeyeon isn't doing big things so OMG is their last hope...

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!