How would you deal with feeling targeted by your own fandom?

• So the thread isn't actually about me, it's about another user that left recently and I'm trying to convince her to come back although I'm not sure what to say to her. There was a combination of incidents between her and her own fandom that made her leave so I'll explain below but I won't name anyone so let's call the fandom, X.

1) A known troll and anti made a troll post, users from fandom X began to drag the artist the troll supports, my friend made a comment calling out both the troll and users from her own fandom for dragging other artists, users from her fandom told her to shut up and implied she was a fake fan

2) In another thread, my friend called out a toxic user in her fandom X who made a thread that obviously wanted to start drama and she questioned why were so many people in her own fandom defending and supporting such a toxic user, some users then began to target her

3) I've seen her having to deal with gatekeepers because she doesn't follow the 'cult mentality' on here

I'm trying to get her to come back because she did enjoy AKP although ironically, she enjoyed speaking to other fandoms and multis more rather than her own fandom. I'm not sure what to say to her

• Ask her if she has a secondary fandom and to see if she can go to that fandom's guild? She can find refuge and comfort among others who feel and think like her but at the same time she doesn't have to stop liking her favorite artist.

I'm a multi stan but there are times when different fandoms make me feel uncomfortable so I seek refuge by talking to my other fandoms. And it helps!

~ ω

• Just block them. I know some people don't want to block people, but if they're going to attack you over something as simple as calling out people for not showing their ass... then it's probably for the best to block them.

• Try not to take anything happening here seriously and personally. Fandom dramas, trolls, antis.. all can be overwhelming if you let it get to you. Being liked (or disliked) on akp has no correlation with the real you or your happiness. If your fandom don’t like you, so what? You are in the fandom because of your faves, not for the people in that fandom.

• 3) I've seen her having to deal with gatekeepers because she doesn't follow the 'cult mentality' on here

i can relate to this. i was accused of supporting bashing and trashing of my faves for openly saying that their last single is terrible. those posts got lots of likes. "say you don't like it and leave" was everything they could handle, but not essays. if you remember that was the time when both fans and non fans started writing essays and they weren't hate posts but criticism.

criticizing your faves is a no-no. how can you not like something your faves served you? you should be grateful they released anything (actual comment from the main site). criticizing their label is also considered an attack of my faves. imagine defending a capitalist and corporation.

I'm trying to get her to come back because she did enjoy AKP although ironically, she enjoyed speaking to other fandoms and multis more rather than her own fandom. I'm not sure what to say to her

i can also relate to this. lately, i've been talking more to people from other fandoms than my own.

my advice to her is just to ignore them or block them. nice and shady people are in every fandom, she should focus on nice things and, trust me, they exist. don't let shady people ruin her forum experience, especially since she likes it here.

whoever you are, come back :pepelove1:

• 1. don't take kpop that seriously

2. report people who break the rules

3. communication is hard especially on the internet and I've said it many times - english might not be one's first language and coupled with the fact that one is missing all the non-verbal communication methods makes it harder...

• Disassociate from that fandom (online at least). Some fans take K pop far too literally and carry on like they know the idols personally when in actual fact most wouldn't know they existed. I have been a victim of it myself in the past by a notorious fandom, when I stanned a particular group and I unstanned them as a result. Honestly, some fans need to seriously grow up and act their damn age. I have to deal with shite all the time from youngsters and it does get very wearing.

• The company stanning is something i will never get. Do we ever hear Western stans praising and worshiping UMG or Sony??? But company stans in Kpop seem to not only exist but thrive.

It's to the point where i've openly questioned whether fanbases of hoobae groups are just company stans and multistans who ult the senior group. Like i've never seen a Moa or a My or a Midzy actually openly state that they dislike their senior groups BTS, RV or Twice. I mean how is this possible? Statistically, it's impossible and yet we never see it here at least. I think i'm the only TXT fan that has been critical of BTS music or has clashed with Army.

I've also been accused of not being a BP fan because i'm critical of the members or their music, or openly question whether they will renew, or stan other groups.

• Most of the people said the same thing. I am a fan of 48 bg's i stay out of toxic shit, occassionally things happen but it's better for your friends mental health if she just blocks people that aren't respectful to her. If people in her own fandom is attacking that group i really wonder what kind of "fans" they are. How can you be part of a fandom and turn around and attack the group like that makes no sense. People are weird, most people are immature and act like keyboard warriors around here. I hate the mob mentality. It's better to block or if the fandom is that toxic to you just leave the fandom don't have to unstan the group.

• I just block users who are nasty. If their behaviour is really bad then you can report then to the mods.

Such a shame if someone doesn't want to even come on here because of others.

• Most of the people said the same thing. I am a fan of 48 bg's i stay out of toxic shit, occassionally things happen but it's better for your friends mental health if she just blocks people that aren't respectful to her. If people in her own fandom is attacking that group i really wonder what kind of "fans" they are. How can you be part of a fandom and turn around and attack the group like that makes no sense. People are weird, most people are immature and act like keyboard warriors around here. I hate the mob mentality. It's better to block or if the fandom is that toxic to you just leave the fandom don't have to unstan the group.

how do you have the time for 48 bgs.... :pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

• how do you have the time for 48 bgs.... :pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

lol i have no ilfe, it's easy to follow them all on social media. it's just nuts when a ton of them comeback at the same time. but past few months it's been sporadic lol

• lol i have no ilfe, it's easy to follow them all on social media. it's just nuts when a ton of them comeback at the same time. but past few months it's been sporadic lol

I feel like I'm dying with just like 6/7ish groups lol. and for some of them, I'm more of a casual stan than hardcore stan.

• You ignore them and go about your life.

╬ Life Has Meaning ╬

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• If you have a bias, you're probably targeted. If you don't follow cult logic, you will be a targeted. If you don't like the newly released song, you will be a targeted. If you criticize the company, you will be a targeted. These are things we encounter every day. Best not to care them.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• I mean good for you, enjoy them as much as you can. I only stan 2 and it already feels like a full time job, must be wild to keep up with so many :pepe-notes:

sometimes it's hard but most the time i just check on social media and that's it there's about 6 that get my full attention and like 3 i drop everything for lol

I feel like I'm dying with just like 6/7ish groups lol. and for some of them, I'm more of a casual stan than hardcore stan.

it's not hard, I stan 48 groups and let's say about 50-75% of them i collect merch of, the rest i just listen to.

External Content www.instagram.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I can say for sure i'm never bored but i also have different tastes, many people complain that kpop had nothing good this year and i personally found so much good shit lol

• I wish I was targeted. Nobody even notice me ;( :clown:

All kidding aside, people will always have opinions and some are more vicious than others. But just because they are loud doesn’t mean they are right.

She has the options to engage to whoever she choose. Use the block function generously. It was created for a reason. It’s just kpop. Ultimately there is no right or wrong opinion. All opinions are kinda sh*t no matter how well written or common it is. So your friend should speak her mind, block the bullies and let them pull a fit. Who cares?

• This thread contains 37 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!