Will IVE be the first group to break the "Produce Curse"

• DIA/gugudan/Weki Meki failed to revive their groups. WJSN is fairly successful I guess but they aren't exactly popular if you get what I mean.

I suppose AB6IX and CIX are doing ok? But they aren't as popular as we hoped they would be.

The members of disbanded group X1, erm ..... what do I even say about this?

Then there is IZ*ONE. So far Eunbi and Yuri are doing fairly ok, actually better than I expected as soloists. I mean obviously they aren't Somi or Chungha yet but they started off pretty well.

The next upcoming group would be IVE and HYBE NGG. IVE is going to debut first as HYBE NGG's lineup is still iffy.

Will IVE be the first GG to break the produce curse, and actually have huge success? How successful do you think they will be?

IVE Members Profile [UPDATED]: Facts, Debut Date And More - JazmineMedia

• I think so, mostly because the group looks like won't rely heavily on Wonyoung and Yujin as we already noticed that the other members can stand out on their own.

Also Starship is good at producing music, they already have a good history with charts and sales. All of their groups already sell 100k+ and with WY and YJ's popularity it's a given they will sell at least decently. With the right song, they can chart well too.

This gg have massive potential, as long as Starship won't half ass and plan carefully IVE steps, something they didn't do with Cravity. No hate but they are the only Starship group that doesn't seem to have a clear identity yet.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I think so, mostly because the group looks like won't rely heavily on Wonyoung and Yujin as we already noticed that the other members can stand out on their own.

Also Starship is good at producing music, they already have a good history with charts and sales. This gg have massive potential, as long as Starship won't half ass and plan carefully IVE steps.

Manifesting that they can be one of the top GGs of their generation. Not to be mean but WJSN didn't exactly live up to the hype and recognition that Sistar had for 2nd Gen, hoping that 4th Gen IVE will be able to do it

• Maybe

Ah actually Dongpyo (ex X1 member) debuted in Mirae, and they are slowly growing. Probably one of the more successful boygroup acts that debuted in 2021. So I would hold my breath on him until more time passes. That group may or may not fall to the same produce curse fate.

IVE already has a lot hype though, so they could have the most success of these post-produce acts... we'll have to see if they can live up the high expectations and more.

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Manifesting that they can be one of the top GGs of their generation. Not to be mean but WJSN didn't exactly live up to the hype and recognition that Sistar had for 2nd Gen, hoping that 4th Gen IVE will be able to do it

Sucks how much people sleep on wjsn music. Hopefully starship manages IVE well. They have so much potential.

Hybe gg will do well cause the name will carry them.

MASHIRO

2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 5d5af69566f510634a33f7872a6a1d2060660504.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 2345da50879ac97ff52e1aad2faeecbfbd68798a.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv 56959991afe4d396e38842dc0e1e20e6f89ab0b6.gifv 2aa8ee22f2804d638330929636b03d1a3375e4f7.gifv

• Maybe

Ah actually Dongpyo (ex X1 member) debuted in Mirae, and they are slowly growing. Probably one of the more successful boygroup acts that debuted in 2021. So I would hold my breath on him until more time passes. That group may or may not fall to the same produce curse fate.

IVE already has a lot hype though, so they could have the most success of these post-produce acts... we'll have to see if they can live up the high expectations and more.

#JusticeForBAE173 they literally released one of the best BG songs this year but everyone treat them like mattresses

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• #JusticeForBAE173 they literally released one of the best BG songs this year but everyone treat them like mattresses

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Agreed. It's a very refreshing song. I haven't heard much of that sound from BG's nowadays. :pepecute:

💣🎇 P1Harmony 5th Mini Album 'HARMONY : SET IN' OUT NOW!!!💥💣
    b675bae17756d66b1c583cc777acfaac3606736b.gifv7e6700291c446212998eba09549f464a739c91a3.gifv4cd7cc8dafce05255d7d96dfae0cd85dc47c4e21.gifv

P1harmony|SHINee|ITZY|ONF|Monsta X|Purple Kiss|KARD|ONEWE|Pentagon|Billlie|NCT Dream|Ghost9|GOT7

• Hopefully, they have been trending everywhere. Trending 2 on weibo with 30 million views, every member trended in Korea when their profiles were released at one point the top 15 trending articles were all about IVE. Plus Rei’s profile release got over a million views in Japan.

• Hopefully, they have been trending everywhere. Trending 2 on weibo with 30 million views, every member trended in Korea when their profiles were released at one point the top 15 trending articles were all about IVE. Plus Rei’s profile release got over a million views in Japan.

Wow, I didn't knew about Rei. So they already have attention from SK, Japan and China.

JCsIq3Q.gif

• it doesn't work like that for me. if the group at the very beginning receives enormous hatred - they will be successful. if not = flop. I don't feel vibes "the dominant gg 4 generation", but at the same time I think they will break the curse.

honestly, the two girls seem to be interesting and I have a feeling they will be the most biased. I can even see who will be the "victim" in that group with the smallest fanbase. at least it's hard to judge the group without any content. I think it's too fast.

• Yes, because there was a lot of things wrong that previous post-produce groups did that I think Starship corrected this time around (not speaking about the boy groups cause I don't follow them).

One of the most important one I believe is group size. They did not add Wonyoung in a group with a bunch of nameless girls right off the bat.

The second was member selection. They chose girls that not only stand out on their own, but match well with Wonyoung and Yujin (all tall visuals). They also don't seem to just be pushing the Iz*One members but all of the girls.

The third thing is time. Although at the time I didn't really understand what it was Starship was waiting for to debut their new girl group, I realize just how smart of a move it was now. One of the issues that Somi had back then was "overexposure", or at least according to Knetz. They felt like her image had been used up and they had seen all there was to her. Allowing Wonyoung and Yujin to take a step back and just do small gigs here and there allowed for breathing room and the anticipation to build. The small gigs (specifically the MC gigs) also brought them a lot of attention otherwise from what they didn't get in Iz*One. Boy group fans who didn't really follow girl groups was introduced to Wonyoung through Sunghoon, and Yujin's visuals caught a lot more attention.

The last thing is just luck. Tbh, I think Starship was just lucky to have both Wonyoung and Yujin. Wonyoung herself especially feels like an anomaly, someone that truly lives up to her title of one in a thousand year idol, born to be successful. She has high public recognition and it feels like wherever she goes, people are going to follow. Whichever group she is in, is bound to hit it big.

Rather than being successful, I think having her in a group that fails would be the much more impressive achiement. As Knetz said, if Starship somehow fumbled this group they should just quit being an Entertainment company.

• maybe

seeing how they just didn't solely rely on Wonyoung but made the group with girls that are diverse but harmonizing image shows that starship seems to don't come to play, i think they will be ambitious with the group but hope they have the right cards, but seeing Sistar, WJSN the group seems to have good music

and i think CIX is doing okay and they have potential if they get slightly better music but then again i think people are sleeping on them

• The members of disbanded group X1, erm ..... what do I even say about this?

Tbf Cravity is doing fairly well. Not anything outstanding but they’ve been consistently selling in the 150-170k range which is pretty good. People just aren’t paying much attention because their fanbase is mainly in Korea.

That said I do think IVE will be the first actually big group. They’ve a lot going on for them currently and I think it’ll translate to sales. If not, well there’s always Sakura lol. That group is guaranteed to be huge.

• it doesn't work like that for me. if the group at the very beginning receives enormous hatred - they will be successful. if not = flop. I don't feel vibes "the dominant gg 4 generation", but at the same time I think they will break the curse.

honestly, the two girls seem to be interesting and I have a feeling they will be the most biased. I can even see who will be the "victim" in that group with the smallest fanbase. at least it's hard to judge the group without any content. I think it's too fast.

But Stayc didn't receive any hate either, and are doing the best after aespa out of 4th gen ggs. IVE's Leeseo unfortunately is already getting hate for her age, and there's already IVE stans claiming to be ot5 which is so ridiculous.

JCsIq3Q.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!