what's the best year for kpop music-wise in the last 10 years?

JYPE's output ALONE wins it:

Jus2's EP

You Calling My Name

Side Effects
    Fancy

The Feel Special EP

The Book of Us: Gravity

The double-punch of Dalla Dalla & Icy

Pretty much as good as it gets for most of these artists.

A good time to be the average noise music enjoyer as well. Zimzalabim, Oopsie My Bad, two all-time classics of the genre obviously.

What else.

Apink gave us %%, BTS gave us Boy With Luv, Loona gave us Butterfly.

Like who was not on their A game for real for real

i had so much fun as 11 years old kid

we have

this

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this :pepe-peek:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

this

this

this

this

this

this

this

this

and many more

• how do i forgot these

• 2010, 2011, 2012,2017, 2018(need to double check on this one tbf), 2019

Edited 3 times, last by Cosmicrhythm878: Forgot we were in 2020 and not 2021 so added in 2010 because technically it falls within the 20 years range at the moment as 2021 isn't over. ().

• worst is 2019, i checked my playlist and i only like 12 songs from that year ^^^^ i think 2016 was also bad.....only highlights is bts, monster, bp debut and big bangs last good song.

i really love the time from 2017-2018 bcos i had the most fun as a kpop fan.

i also love every year from 2009 to 2015 bcos it is like my childhood music :thumbup::thumbup:

• Oh yeah years ranked that's actually might make it easier though I consider most years in kpop good(yes I am akorn farming as a debate over which is better 2018 or 2019 as I type this). Won't count 2021 till the year ends though, so 2010 is in the list. Plus this will help me from constantly editing one post because of my finnicky opinions(I really need to make more year end lists)so I guess this is temporary as for rn.

2011>2010>2012>2017>2019>2020>2018>2016>2014>2020(gg songs were amazing but overall really bad year like I got really into obscure korean soloists, like Uza to find good tunes level )>2015(peak bad bg songs and lots of trap that didn't like became huge then, now I like trap but there's a lot of bad trap songs that year)>2013

• 2016 for most iconic 3rd gen gg music and 2020 for 3/4th gen best releases:

pwf/boombayah/the album

So bad

rough/navillera/mago

TT/Cheer up/ICSM (eyes wide open album)

Wannabe

Fiesta(bloom iz album)/SSOTS

don’t really follow boy groups but BTS and Seventeen’s 2015/2016/2017 discography was flawless, plus we got energetic and limitless.

2019 was the worst imo cause it started the whole teen crush/noise music trend. The only saving graces were psycho/ fancy/feel special

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!