Which country’s drama/tv shows will dominate the next 10 years?

• For my experience and the region I live in:

U.S dramas are #1

Kdramas are rising more people are giving it a chance nowadays even without interest in kpop/kculture.

Turkish drama since I live in a Muslim country a lot of their historical dramas are popular. But they’re best known for their crazy romance dramas and they are popular in Middle East and Latin America ( from what I see on sns)

Indian dramas they have a presence in my country but not as well known as Bollywood movies but even then the whole Indian entertainment went down in popularity compared to the previous gen. India really missed an opportunity here.

Spanish dramas in my experience only popular thro Netflix no one gives drama outside what’s shown on Netflix a chance

Cdramas came a long way this past 3 years they are getting better with the storylines and production however I only see kdrama lovers giving it a chance but we’ll see

Jdrama I don’t see it moving anywhere feels like it’s still as popular as it was 10 years ago. Didn’t lose much but didn’t gain either.

Turkish and korean dramas are benefiting off of Netflix production because they are showing different stories and less time per ep so more people move to check other materials after watching dramas that Netflix produced.

What do you think the top 3 countries will be in the next 10 years?

Imo/

1- US

2- Kdramas

3- spanish or Turkish depends how much exposure and production they get

Your average ggs enthusiast...

• Official Post

US dramas are bad imo but they'll stay on top.

Thai dramas are gaining popularity though it's mainly BLs.

Cdramas are also gaining popularity, The Untamed was pretty popular worldwide. I think Love O2O was pretty popular too, these shows are benefiting from Netflix tho

I have never seen a popular Turkish drama, but that's just me.

Spaniah dramas are becoming popular too, this one Spanish mystery drama is #1 on Netflix US and worldwide.

I'll say

1. US dramas

2. Kdramas

3. Cdramas or Spanish dramas

• I agree with you OP. Turkish TV series have attracted great attention especially in recent years.

"Don’t judge a book by its cover. Everybody has a reason and everybody has a story. I hope people don’t judge a person based on what they see." Kim Taehyung

b9067265d2fcc30fa3ee1ba591881fc0865471a4.jpg

• K dramas are picking up steam as of late. US dramas are failing miserably but there will always be atleast 1 to 3 good shows churned out a yearly basis. british tv series are amazing but they can be a bit thick. when its sad its SAD. whem its light hearts its Very Light hearted. my two cents. the rest are still just noise.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!