[Netizen Buzz] Taeyeon denies accusations of participating in real estate speculation, claims land was bought for personal use

• Article: "Why would I be crazy enough to participate in speculative real estate?" Taeyeon opens up

Source: Han via Naver

1. [+1,865, -85] Oh so you just happened to buy a mountain in Hanam and illegally used borrowed-name bank accounts for your father? Are you trying to incite sympathy? Because these aren't normal transactions but you're making it sound like this was your dream all along;

2. [+1,286, -185] As if we didn't know she was an SM idol already, look at how b*tchy her response is... It's obvious to anyone that you participated in real estate speculation...

3. [+479, -20] How does everyone caught in real estate speculation use the same excuse like this?

4. [+381, -12] What a joke. Do you think other celebrities are "crazy enough" to participate in it then?

5. [+304, -15] Before even addressing her wrong, why is her response so b*tchy? ㅋ As the saying goes, it's always the one who farted who gets the most mad. She didn't buy a house but a mountain... The public is not your fan. Just be honest and admit that everyone else was doing it so you thought you could too.

6. [+282, -40] It's fine to participate in real estate speculation. The entire country's doing it anyway.

7. [+232, -17] Why do you think you have to be crazy to do it? Do you think you're special or above it all or something? The way she wrote this is really annoying.

8. [+183, -4] If your goal was to build a house, then you would normally buy land, not a mountain ㅋ and yet you still claim you had nothing to do with real estate speculation? ㅋ

9. [+141, -8] "Why would I be crazy enough" this makes her sound so annoying.. like she has too much money to ever consider doing something like this. Tsk tsk tsk, it leaves a bitter feeling.

10. [+123, -3] People who aim to build homes normally buy land and investigate whether building is permitted on it first. Who buys a mountain to build a house on?

-

AVvXsEgbExUPyGZmDUCetrzVRAO6M49F2T_2v4LB9_HK4WgnhQpRe_VEWLzdtk4JnB24eAAZKENV_d7ZSlOsBdnJFajIHIuFGTvvn8iMyO7JSydeN23NAnPe37e3KIgZJy2Bz3OLug-KiPolPt7THccD0lI4HuXjNbWrp7iCzHUfbB0HvUKfO0eFIep9zvMh=s16000

Source: Naver

1. [+538, -8] I'm a fan of her as an artist but... she's talking bullsh*t right now. If she wanted to buy land to build a house for her family on, then you can just ask for the related papers to see what that land is going to be used for before you buy it, and yet she just bought it for 1.1 billion won no questions asked?? That makes no sense... I bet you she bought it knowing what was going to be developed on it first. It seems like this is all getting out only because the development plans have been postponed and investors are claiming it's fraud.

2. [+407, -3] Fine, let's say you invested in that land and you weren't a part of some real estate speculation. 1.1 billion won is a lot of money. All you needed to do was request paperwork regarding it.. but the fact that you bought a piece of land with no development on it means you got information beforehand what the plans for it were, and that's not the kind of information that most people have access to before plans are officially announced.

3. [+103, -5] I didn't know Taeyeon was such a stupid kid ㅋㅋㅋ even her excuse is stupid

4. [+92, -0] ㅋㅋㅋ People only buy reserve forest land when they know what it's going to be developed into once the greenbelt is released and they can profit on their investment. She really must think we're all so dumb to not know this. Being honest is the best policy. Nowadays, investors will even go as far as to sue for fraud if land isn't released for development. So yes, while this case may be a case of fraud, it's obvious that she bought into it for real estate speculation.

5. [+77, -1] She's really claiming she bought that wild forest land after seeing it in real life? ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ The fact that she ever thought the land would be released for development counts as real estate speculation...

6. [+70, -1] She bought a 400 million won piece of land for 1.1 billion won and she's really claiming this wasn't real estate speculation ㅋㅋㅋㅋ

-

AVvXsEi7vSXSw7hcU-laLYeRgM2-kAvLn5GyGkgDnQCt1rmoRoDOpEQCqV70AdrGkCOzoBPKKHQ16bkJeUDpQPhVSrvRXMTIc0L4VXBxz9Gy_5AYtazdAS1hQhpVH1jYaG_PZ2lEx9j9a-z_kZcDFPMnPGIsKWfSWyJo48rdzBvMiQo5d_cCsUp5jdGn4OtI=s16000

1. [+1,148, -61] If you fully intended to build a home for yourself, you should've just bought one. Why did you buy land in a forest reserve at all unless to profit off of future development plans?

2. [+592, -17] How does her excuse make any sense ㅋㅋㅋ if she wanted to buy a home, why not buy a home? Why buy a piece of land that's rumored to released for development? ㅋㅋㅋ Does she have rocks for brains?

3. [+356, -12] If this isn't real estate speculation, Kang Ho Dong will have a lot to say...

4. [+221, -7] Honestly, Taeyeon's excuse doesn't make sense. She claims she bought the land to build a home for her family on but what kind of crazy idiot would buy public land that isn't even zoned for residential living? Did she not even check the land register? ㅋㅋㅋ Unless she bought it knowing that it was going to be developed into something else later... why buy land that you can't build houses on when your purpose was to build a house on it? ㅋㅋ

5. [+64, -1] I don't think she understands what real estate speculation means ㅜㅜ

6. [+57, -1] Does she lack intelligence or something? Buying land based off of unofficial information counts as real estate speculation. I get that she's rich but she shouldn't use her family to make excuses for herself like this. I bet you $10 that she doesn't even know what a land registry is.

7. [+56, -4] This ajumma has already made so much money and yet she's greedy enough to invest in hush hush land

8. [+45, -0] She should just stay quiet... ㅜㅠ

-

AVvXsEi8l7KAxWcisk4u6favf_ZhA5jWTVXosQhq35dH56C8zvVYj3wZYLd0AMI-vY3KasQvnjCiBdhOn0HPVTU5QeLru5FAwsV9rPiVIwNdBwuvuMbL3xEzC5o_Vx2vP9kdeOjmohs6jOG3tM8ku_-phVR8UCvG9gy1Pt5p-d2UZQl0gPBn-T44J5IoDqRg=s16000

1. [+231, -5] Well you must've been crazy then because you did participate in real estate speculation;;

2. [+160, -4] And that's what real estate speculation is

3. [+82, -5] The rest of us call this real estate speculation

4. [+73, -0] If she bought that land to build a house on, then she can't really claim she's a victim of fraud since other investors are claiming the land was meant to be developed for something else. And by the way, the land that she bought isn't even flatland, it's a mountain, so how did she expect to build a house on it ㅋㅋㅋ

5. [+18, -2] She does not understand what real estate speculation is... buying real estate, a mountain, land, or a house with the intention of profiting off of it counts as real estate speculation. The only problem is whether your method of finding out was legal or illegal.

-

Source: Wikitree via Instagram

1. [+167] Her posting her clarification made things weirder for her... She's really claiming her parents saw the land before buying it? When there's no roads, electricity, running water? A piece of reserve forest land? Isn't that weird? ㅠㅠ If you look up pictures of the location, you can tell that it's just a forest... She should've just said that she bought it without knowing or seeing anything because her excuse is basically just outing her real estate speculation motives. She should take down her story post now.. not sure why her agency let her post that. The fact that her family was informed of development plans for that land before they bought it means they participated in real estate speculation ㅠㅠ

2. [+92] She got scammed in the process of buying land she meant for real estate speculation ㅋㅋㅋㅋ not sure why people are feeling bad for her at all

3. [+30] It's unfortunate that she was scammed but this sounds more like a case of her buying land for real estate speculation and it not panning out...

4. [+24] Find strength ㅜㅜ😢😢

5. [+10] Find strength, Taeyeon-nim

6. [+12] Well that's real estate speculation ㅋㅋ

8. [+7] Not sure where she was 'frauded'... It's not like she wasn't given the land that she paid for. She just bought it for way more than it's worth. What did she have to lose unless she bought it for real estate speculation? She bought it hoping that the land would be developed and the price would go up but it didn't go up... so she reaped what she sowed, basically.

-

• when will SM get off their ass and sue couple of people?

Every other big agency sues malicious commentors, except SM.

People literally go after SM idols these days bc they know they wont get sued.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• What is real estate speculation?

So in knetz eyes being scammed is a reason to get hate. Never change knetz.

You buy land or property without using it in hope of selling it for a higher price later on.

Its nothing illegal, basically everyone with money does it.

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• sorry but this!

"As the saying goes, it's always the one who farted who gets the most mad."

made me laugh so hard :pepe-hehe:

I need to take :pepe-notes: from Knetz, it seems like they have nice phrases there in Korea!

• why are knetz so furious about real estate speculation? i dont get it? its not illegal...

I think since there was no public news of any future developments on the land, they're assuming she got an insider tipoff on it. That would be illegal I think? :whatr:

• I think since there was no public news of any future developments on the land, they're assuming she got an insider tipoff on it. That would be illegal I think? :whatr:

yap it would be

actually similar thing is part of plot in kdrama 'Dali and the Cocky Prince'

• You buy land or property without using it in hope of selling it for a higher price later on.

Is that it? That happens all the time. It's even encouraged on some reality TV shows (buy cheap property/land, get work done on it, sell for huge profit).

I don't get why knetz are going mental over this especially others also scammed. Even if she wanted to gain some money its not like she's the only evil mastermind.

Knetz are a bunch of idiots.

Seoul/Hanam has really high housing prices and limited space. Knetizen are not angry at her being scammed, they are angry that she says she bought the land for her family but it is obvious (don’t know?) that it wasn’t bought for such a usage since if she got the papers, she would have seen that it wasn’t usable. Also people do not like her wording.

• when will SM get off their ass and sue couple of people?

Every other big agency sues malicious commentors, except SM.

People literally go after SM idols these days bc they know they wont get sued.

So their artist lost 1.1 BILLION won in land she can do nothing in, but the real problem are the random nobodies commenting about a problem everyone in the country knows about. Great perspective

• It must be smth bad bc when Lisa got scammed by her manager they were on her side, and that was with her not being Korean so whatever ty did must not be completely right

they are miffed for 2 main reasons. Rich people using “insider knowledge” that the common people don’t have to make themselves richer, and when the insider tip turned out to be bs, having said rich person pretend their real goal wasn’t to make a huge profit with insider knowledge

• It must be smth bad bc when Lisa got scammed by her manager they were on her side, and that was with her not being Korean so whatever ty did must not be completely right

They’re mad because they’re saying she is greedy for doing investment when she is rich. In their minds, since she got rich she should live with the money she has and doesn’t go into business (which in their own words “the whole country is doing it”). So if she got scammed, she is not pitiful like the rest in their eyes because she is rich. It’s just jealousy at its finest.

lt64IYu.gif

• Seoul has really high housing prices and limited space. Knetizen are not angry at her being scammed, they are angry that she says she bought the land for her family but it is obvious (don’t know?) that it wasn’t bought for such a usage since if she got the papers, she would have seen that it wasn’t usable. Also people do not like her wording.

But that's the scam itself. She wanted a family home, turns out it's not possible hence she was scammed.

Even if she wanted to simply gain some big bucks, she and 3000 other investors seemingly bought land they can never profit off. So either there's 3000 idiots who don't know how to invest money properly or more likely they got scammed because they were promised one thing (lands to build on) but received another. Article yesterday mentioned the sellers bought the land for 400m won and sold it for 1b won to Taeyeon. That's a huge difference for land that she can't actually use.

As for her wording, that's Taeyeon. She's been bullied and harassed for years by knetz and a few years ago she had enough of the shit and started speaking more blunt. Her response is a result of knetz in the first place.

• But that's the scam itself. She wanted a family home, turns out it's not possible hence she was scammed.

im confused how she wouldn't have consulted multiple experts about building capabilities prior to buying land for 1billion won. thats a lot of money to drop before doing...any research about the area.

who's your favorite artist?

• they ain’t buying her excuse because if she really wanted a home she would have to find out it’s actually a place that can be inhabited, but it clearly wasn’t. It would required heavy development at the scale of multiple corporations creating an expensive complex from basically wilderness and paying Taeyeon large sums to build its infrastructure.

• So if I'm getting this right:

This land was protected environmental mountain area sold to people through false insider info that said it had potential for commercial development.

Taeyeon: is saying she bought it to be developed for her family

The public: says that if she had researched it properly, she would have easily known this wasn't possible, therefore she got it from insider trading and probably for profit. So she's a victim but not faultless

I'd be on her side if she wasn't trying to commercialize and destroy forests. Just buy a building like everyone else

• im confused how she wouldn't have consulted multiple experts about building capabilities prior to buying land for 1billion won. thats a lot of money to drop before doing...any research about the area.

I don't know. We don't know the full details. Maybe she did and everything seemed legit, maybe she didn't and went from steam ahead.

Taeyeons dad was the one who met up with the seller and completed the sale under her name and I assume her money. So at the very least there was family involvement/reasoning behind the sale like Taeyeon said.

• “Why is her response so bitchy?” Maybe because you’re inserting yourself and your angry unwanted opinion about her personal life business investment (sHE iS RiCh wHY sHE iS sO grEedY!!) while mocking her and her recently dead father’s intelligence because they got scammed with 3000 people. She is too nice not to drag your pathetic jealous asses.

lt64IYu.gif

• I don't know. We don't know the full details. Maybe she did and everything seemed legit, maybe she didn't and went from steam ahead.

Taeyeons dad was the one who met up with the seller and completed the sale under her name and I assume her money. So at the very least there was family involvement/reasoning behind the sale like Taeyeon said.

that makes it sound like she's attempting to cover up for her dad tho imo. but meh. idt this is rlly as big a deal as knets are acting. i just feel like she would have been better off without the scam angle.

who's your favorite artist?

• that makes it sound like she's attempting to cover up for her dad tho imo. but meh. idt this is rlly as big a deal as knets are acting. i just feel like she would have been better off without the scam angle.

thats what I was thinking, it was already exposed that her dad bought it under her name so :wellr:

LAFBL0s.gif

let us gather around for the lord’s prayer:

Nævis we love you. You are the one who protected me when i was in trouble. MY victory, one SYNK DIVE. I know your sacrifices. Let’s meet surely after the resurrection.

Æmen

:pepe-pray:

I'm confused, wasn't she scammed?

They’re mad because they’re saying she is greedy for doing investment when she is rich. In their minds, since she got rich she should live with the money she has and doesn’t go into business (which in their own words “the whole country is doing it”). So if she got scammed, she is not pitiful like the rest in their eyes because she is rich. It’s just jealousy at its finest.

I'm just not understanding why she's getting the hate when she got scammed?? Lol like how does this make sense

According to Taeyeon herself, she wasn't scammed so, she deserved no sympathy.

Other buyers were scammed because they were deceived to believe that it would be a re-zoning of the land so the price of the land would sky-rocket. Taeyeon said she bought the land for its current condition.

why are knetz so furious about real estate speculation? i dont get it? its not illegal...

It must be smth bad bc when Lisa got scammed by her manager they were on her side, and that was with her not being Korean so whatever ty did must not be completely right

1 Taeyeon clearly lied. She denied the obvious that she bought the land for real estate speculation.

2 She said others who did it were crazy while she herself did it too.

• If yall seen Parasite or Squid Game you guys know that Korea currently has a huge problem regarding social equality. The middle class is dying out and corruption is running rampant.

Its basically impossible to own property in Seoul as a middle class person anymore and property all around Korea is generally becoming more and more expensive.

While I dont say cyber bullying is okay, we should be aware that this current scandal is about some really deep social and economic problems Korea is currently facing, not simply people who hate SM idols.

They think she got insider info and bought the land in hopes to make huge profits. If thats the case that would be illegal. Its basically the same as having some insider info not open to the public and then selling or buying stocks based on that. Thats just as illegal and people have gone to jail for that.

These comments are middle class people who are furious because they think the rich dont stop screwing them over. Imagine peasants in Europe storming the castles of nobles and hanging them back in the day. Kinda like that, just online.

Taeyeon is simply unfortunate enough to be one of those 3000 rich upper class people whos famous and whose face people know. So thats why shes getting the heat right now.

• why are knetz so furious about real estate speculation? i dont get it? its not illegal...

Becuase they could never afford to.

Have to take out the anger some way right :pepe-sad:

and who better than an idol who seems untouchable, successful, pretty, etc :pepe-tea:

• You buy land or property without using it in hope of selling it for a higher price later on.

Like WHOOO would buy land if they didn't think their investment would pay off. :pepefacepalm:

No one likes to lose money.

There is only a problem if people have insider information and buy the land because they know it will be developed.

That's not fair because not everyone has the info.

• I'm just not understanding why she's getting the hate when she got scammed?? Lol like how does this make sense

Well, the real estate prices have gone up a lot in most contries last couple of years, I would guess the same in South Korea, making it very expensive for ordinary people to buy homes an other real estatets. Rich people buying estates as investments are not helpful and drives the price up even further. So I can of understand if ordinary people can be a bit pissed off when they see rich people buying real estates they don't even use for their own living.

• Great point.

There is a lot of class warfare/issues going on right now. Even in the States.

I could never afford a house in the current real estate market, even if I worked like 50 years. rent is also like 2,000 with roommates.

Not to mention outrageous insurance costs, mortgages, taxes, etc.

But then I see Jeff beezos going to space in his p*nis shaped rocket and I just :pepe-cut::pepe-cut::pepe-cut:

• This thread contains 28 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!