As much as I dislike the chinese goverment, the CCP..

• I can't help to think all the new restrictions in place is a big FU to these greedy Kpop agencies such as SM, who just take in chinese to harvest their market and in the proccess, mistreating the chinese idols. Now karma is hitting on them back and Kpop won't get a nickel & dime in China. Again, I have to state I disagree a LOT what China is doing, but maybe it's also a good thing the possibility of not seeing many chinese in Kpop now and they are safe from being abused/mismanaged.

• Kpop is just getting caught up on this.

It's because Chinese idol fans made the country look bad when they wasted all that milk to get codes to vote in that survival show and when Kris Wu's fans were standing by him. Someone mentioned that there were comments about the fans (probably joking) about breaking him out of prison. With the wave of celebrities being accused in scandals at the time and the fans acting trashy... they used it as an excuse to restrict people again.

The bans about "girly" men are more just to be homophobic and discriminatory than idols themselves.

• kpop fans: Its ok for the world to burn if SM burns along with it

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I think you're heavily misunderstanding the situation. China didn't give a shit about kpop itself or how their idols are treated in it, it's a power play trying to maintain control over it's citizens from influences outside their control, kpop being one example. They've already delisted celebrity news on social media and kids are limited to only a few hours a week gaming. You really think the crackdown on girly men is down to ONLY because of kpop? Not thinly veiled homophobia?

• I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• I can't help to think all the new restrictions in place is a big FU to these greedy Kpop agencies such as SM, who just take in chinese to harvest their market and in the proccess, mistreating the chinese idols. Now karma is hitting on them back and Kpop won't get a nickel & dime in China. Again, I have to state I disagree a LOT what China is doing, but maybe it's also a good thing the possibility of not seeing many chinese in Kpop now and they are safe from being abused/mismanaged.

Like harambelives said, you misunderstood the situation lol The ccp just doesn’t want foreign influence having too much influence over their own people. I mean the hallyu ban happened in 2016 so this isn’t something new with kpop being restricted and Korean companies not having much access to anything in China. I mean if you think it’s a one way street with Chinese idols and Korean companies then…no comment. Like how Korean companies use the Chinese to gain a foothold in China, the Chinese use Korean companies and the popularity of kpop to become A and B listers back in the mainland while being openly pro ccp. At the end of the day, this is just hindering Chinese entertainment more than anything. The Chinese market was always not really worth it anyways if we’re being completely honest :siptear:

• People like to make this about Kpop but it's really not

Kpop is just a sliver fraction of the things that get swept up in CCP's latest attempt to tighten control over their populace. It's common for them to do so, banning certain things when they get popular, especially in media. These latest one are more massive and affect more people than previous ones. Kpop get swept in mainly due to the fandom behavior online, which isn't just Kpop but more about Chinese artists, actors and all celebrities in general. These changes massively affect their own homegrown Chinese artist than Kpop, which hasn't been able to promote or participate much since 2016 anyway.

• Chinese people literally TRIED to claim KIMCHI and HANBOK as their OWN. wtf? and also, winwin and renjun getting mistreated in nct was terrible. I haven't been seeing Winwin recently, even though I don't keep up with WayV, so that's worrying. And SM saying China is the future of kpop?!? Yeah, not until the CCP is literally done for and abolished.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!