All idol groups lip-sync many times (with proof if you want) but for some reason only SM get called out for it

• This is devastating and I'm gonna pretend I never saw it :pepe-back-away:

• This is devastating and I'm gonna pretend I never saw it :pepe-back-away:

Day6 are one of the lucky ones to be able to do so in music shows. I think is because JYPE paid more to allow that to happen (ty JYPE for once). Other bands like N.Flying/ONEWE/LUCY etc don't have this privilege.

That's why I kinda prefer to watch like concert performances because it's more dynamic

Just look at this

:pepe-sad::pepe-sad::pepe-sad:

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

It might also be one of the reasons why earlier days Day6 don't really perform mushc at music shows and do their own mini concerts instead

• At least now I feel validated for preferring The Rose's concerts/busking sessions over stage performances

I get that rock is still relatively new in Korea but still :sketchyk:

• At least now I feel validated for preferring The Rose's concerts/busking sessions over stage performances

I get that rock is still relatively new in Korea but still :sketchyk:

Which is why you don't actually really see bands perform on music shows, those who do are more like "idol bands"

They perform at like those rock festivals and concerts instead.

• I have a mixed opinion on this subject.

First of all, SM groups aren't the only group targeted for this matter, Twice was bullied for years in Korea and internationally.

SM artists can sing live and have proved it many times but somehow, they are still criticized unfairly for lip-syncing when it's an industry's matter.

On the other hand, the Sm groups' fans are for some of them very loud about their faves' good vocals and have the tendency to downplay others groups' singing abilities.

dbed960a80097dc7d9eac973b7be5f732ec99c98.gifv  1f251c53cf32e8a39ff30f639687b517129b0205.gifv  8ce6cd0f2729463446ccbc09563cc6ad65a72d09.gifv

• I am aware that a lot of groups lip sync and I don't like it. I would prefer to hear live singing with a few dud notes or voice cracks thrown in then a song sung to precision from a pre recording and live it kind of spoils the experience. If I wanted to hear mime, I would stay at home and listen to their album.

• I am aware that a lot of groups lip sync and I don't like it. I would prefer to hear live singing with a few dud notes or voice cracks thrown in then a song sung to precision from a pre recording and live it kind of spoils the experience. If I wanted to hear mime, I would stay at home and listen to their album.

I really want kpop to ban lip syncing I know kpop like to focus on the choreos but I think nowadays people rather prefer a simpler or little choreo with live singing :nervousk:

Unfortunately it seems like you're in the minority. People seem to prefer performance and dancing to actual live singing. Just take a look at GP999 all the vocal performances are paid dust.

• Unfortunately it seems like you're in the minority. People seem to prefer performance and dancing to actual live singing. Just take a look at GP999 all the vocal performances are paid dust.

I don't care if I'm in the minority. I said my opinion and I prefer groups to sing live. I'm an audio person not dancing and would rather hear a group sing not mime through a song.

• people unironically excusing and supporting revenge mentality in this year of 2021 is concerning.

Also "SM stans" using lipsynched performances to brag about vocals is a lie lmao stop being so goofy.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!