Blackpink's future

• Tell me this isn't accurate

Their contract with YG ends in 2023

Jisoo stays on as an actress, cuz YG is actually really good at handling their actors

Jennie retires from the industry. She's always hinted at wanting kids and starting a family. I could totally see her on those kid/family shows 5 years later with her adorable family

Rosé joins another company as a soloist. I think out of all members, she has the best chance at success as a soloist

Lisa becomes a celebrity/influencer type in China. She has a huge fanbase in China

• Wow, an actual thoughtful and reasonable troll thread lol.

I do think Jennie will be fine giving up idol life, but i dont know if she will completely leave the industry, i think she could still do occasional solo releases and get more into the music production/songwriting side. But i agree, the members made it obvious who is most likely to settle down and get married. She's already at the turning for Kpop idols (25 years) and will be 27 in 2023, and though that's not old, that would be a normal time for folks to get engaged and plan for a family.

Jisoo will be a big hit in Snow Drop and i agree, her future is in acting. Her unique voice could also land her some OST gigs.

Rose and Lisa are the wildcards. I think both will obviously stick to performing but i dunno exactly where they will end up. Their futures are wide open.

• I feel like for jisoo it will depend on her acting ability which we still have yet to witness.

Also Jennie seems drawn to America, I think being a socialite there suits her super well.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I've always seen Jennie sort of taking a Jessica route, as in starting a restaurant, releasing a book, starting a fashion\accessories line(she already sort of leaned into this with Jentle Monster), etc, etc .

She and Rosé have the most Western celeb friends out of all the girls, which means more industry connections. So I can see both hang out there more.

tbh I'd agree that an actress route would be great for Jisoo but we have to see how she does in Snowdrop and how it's received.

Lisa is kind of up in the air rn especially since the CCP apparently banned foreign celebs..can someone confirm this tho but she's basically set for life with her massive Chinese and international fanbase.

• I don't know why people think just because Jennie is the most likely to settle down that she'll leave everything behind. But yeah as another user said I see her following in Jessica's footsteps, doing her own solo projects on the side, such as designing her own stuff and releasing solo songs when she feels like it. Ayone following her knows that she is

She has voiced her love for Paris on different occasions too and she often goes there on trips to see her friends so it wouldn't surprise me if she moves there eventually.

Edit didn't see the 2023 part, bp will surely renew their contracts, I see all of them resigning because all put great importance on bp as a group. So all of this will have to wait till bp disband which won't be any time soon.

Edited once, last by imperia ().

• Wow, an actual thoughtful and reasonable troll thread lol.

Nah.

I think it's kinda shitty to doompost about Blackpink when Blinks are such an anxious fandom in the first place tbh.

This is another one of those threads based on a faulty premise. Why wouldn't Blackpink re-sign when their status is in the beginning periods of taking off hugely? They're not overworked, they're not overexposed, they've managed to avoid many of the really shitty aspects of the industry that might burn someone out. YG being known for being a bit alternative with its idols even permits those idols a lot more freedom of choice in their personal lives.

• Nah.

I think it's kinda shitty to doompost about Blackpink when Blinks are such an anxious fandom in the first place tbh.

This is another one of those threads based on a faulty premise. Why wouldn't Blackpink re-sign when their status is in the beginning periods of taking off hugely? They're not overworked, they're not overexposed, they've managed to avoid many of the really shitty aspects of the industry that might burn someone out. YG being known for being a bit alternative with its idols even permits those idols a lot more freedom of choice in their personal lives.

Blackpink might not re-sign if YG doesn't give them something they actually want.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!