Biggest idol group songs in Korea and Internationally since 2016

• What is the biggest idol group song released in 2016 internationally? 76

1. Blood, Sweat and Tears (37) 49%
    2. BOOMBAYAH (15) 20%
    3. Cheer up (9) 12%
    4. Fire (6) 8%
    5. Monster (5) 7%
    6. TT (4) 5%

By the way this by release year not how it performed that year.

In Korea: (no one can argue about this songs)

2016: Cheer Up by TWICE

2017: Spring Day by BTS

2018: Love Scenario by Ikon

2019: Boy with luv by BTS

2020: Dynamite by BTS

2021: Next Level by Aespa (so far)

Internationally:

2016: It’s hard to tell because there isn’t one leading everything like the other years.

2017: DNA by BTS

2018: Fake Love by BTS

2019: Boy with luv by BTS

2020: Dynamite

2021: Butter (so far)

Observations:

-Despite girlgroups always dominating digitals in South Korea, it has been 4 years since a girlgroup song took the #1 song overall for idol groups, so far it seems Next Level by the rookie girlgroup Aespa will do it.

-Rollin’ by Brave Girls was release in 2017 but it blew up in 2020 but still it’s not close to overtake Spring Day numbers.

-For 2018 some people argue about DDU-DU DDU-DU by BLACKPINK to be #1 since it had better consistency on charts but overall Love Scenario is still in the lead for South Korea, internationally despite having the most views for a MV release that year Fake Love appearance on official charts and more accolades give them the top spots.

• Thanks fixed it.

BOOMBAYAH, BST and TT i think are the biggest contenders.

I'd agree that as well TT has a edge in Japan since its the longest charting song by a korean act on the Japan Hot 100 but BST I think in general did overall better globally. A decent way to look at international stats is through spotify streams since Korea had/has little impact on it especially for older songs.

in that regard:

Boombayah has around 294M

Blood Sweat and Tears has 350M

TT has 110M

BST also bests Boombayah when it comes to official chart positions in a few countries like France/UK/Canada. BST charted on the Canadian Hot 100 as well as the UK Independent singles chart (the single chart in the UK for independent (non signed) artists).

So In my opinion BST is probably the biggest internationally followed by Boombayah

• Twice only came onto Spotify nearly two years after TT came out (though they would probably sill get less I'm curious how it would have fared due to how viral it was in SEA/EA). It was also breaking BST's youtube records back then as I recall that going back and forth between Twice/BTS for a while.

• Twice only came onto Spotify nearly two years after TT came out (though they would probably sill get less I'm curious how it would have fared due to how viral it was in SEA/EA). It was also breaking BST's youtube records back then as I recall that going back and forth between Twice/BTS for a while.

It was decenetly close to breaking the 24 hour record for kpop groups but didn't

BST got 6.34M first day while TT got 5.9M so close but didn't break it. (it was more in early 2017 when they were breaking them literally a week or hours after each other lol)

• It was decenetly close to breaking the 24 hour record for kpop groups but didn't

BST got 6.34M first day while TT got 5.9M so close but didn't break it. (it was more in early 2017 when they were breaking them literally a week or hours after each other lol)

Yeah the 24 hour one it didn't but a lot of the milestones it did for example a 100m. Think it had the 200m/300m ones as well for a bit.

The records were changing every comeback for a bit.

TWICE has once again broken yet another one of its own records!

As of January 3, the group’s “TT” music video now has over 100 million views on YouTube in just a little over two months since it was released on October 24. This makes it the fastest K-pop music video to reach this impressive milestone, a record that was previously held by the group’s very own “Cheer Up.”

It also holds the records for reaching 10 million and 20 million views in the shortest amount of time by a K-pop group, a remarkable feat in itself. “TT” marks TWICE’s third music video to reach 100 million views, after “Like OOH-AAH” and “Cheer Up,” which means all of their title tracks have done so.

https://www.so ompi.com/article/932433wpp/twice-breaks-yet-another-youtube-record-tt-reaching-100-million-views

• 1. Blood Sweat Tears - I remember it was such a huge moment for BTS and in Kpop overall when it got released. Not only did it do so well internationally (charts and among non-fans), but it was also a big hit in Korea. Even now, BST is always mentioned as one of BTS’ most memorable and popular title tracks.

2 or 3. Boombayah - Although it didn’t do well in Korea, because Whistle took all of the attention, it did get a lot of attention among Kpop fans. It gained momentum on YouTube after 2018/2019 after the success of D4 across SEA. Boombayah is definitely up there for the biggest hits internationally in the Kpop community.

2 or 3. TT - Not only was it a hit in Korea, but it was pretty popular among international Kpop fans and it was the song that gained momentum for TWICE in Japan (biggest foreign market for Kpop).

• TT is the longest charting Kpop song in the second biggest music market of the world. Was at one point the most viewed Kpop group MV. Has 110+ streams on Spotify despite being added years later. Imo, it is the biggest hit of 2016 internationally.

Also, I think D4 is the biggest song of 2018 internationally.

• I think 2016 in Korea Cheer Up is the star, but internationally, we can consider TT as a very big hit in Asia (especially Japan), this time K-Pop didn't have a very big hit in the West though.

2017, agree, but in Korea, Knock Knock, Red Flavor and Really Really can be top contenders.

2018, in Korea, by far Love Scenario. Internationally I think aside Fake Love, 4D was big too although I didn't like it.

2019, Boy With Luv all the way.

2020, I thought How You Like That would win the whole year, but I guessed I was wrong bc Dynamite came through.

2021, in Korea 100% Next Level or Rollin'. Internationally it's Butter I'm assuming.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• “By the way this by release year not how it performed that year”

In 2017 any of the songs you mentioned is close to Spring day streams, downloads, ULs, chart longevity etc.

Rollin’ blew up in 2021 but it was release in 2017.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!