Why were so many people so mad at Somi for leaving JYP Entertainment?

• I know there are a lot of JYP stans among kpop fans, some really hardcore. But the JYP family persona is just that, a persona. I've listened to Min's podcast and heard enough from their former artists to know they weren't treated as well as they should've been. They caused Min's ED. Weighed her daily. She wasn't allowed to go out if she didn't meet her daily weight goals. Would be locked up. It's not normal to treat young people like that whatsoever.

To get back on the point, Somi was tired. Maybe she wasn't feeling the music. Maybe she wasn't feeling the company. People made up so many lies and rumors about her and called her a traitor, but she was allowed to leave. Knowing now how many idols hate their music and musical directions and images that were forced on them, is it that strange that she wanted something different for herself? She was so young when she joined and to her it probably felt like she was being put on the backburner time and time again. It just wasn't for her anymore and that should've been fine.

But no, people had to make up rumors that she was kicked out and things like that. Gossip and malicious things.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───
    mKl7Ghm.png
    Flower field, that's where I'm at. Open land, that's where I'm at.

• well as someone who was a fan of somi back then i think many people that were her fans that were mad about it weren't happy that she was choosing to be yg affiliated bc that was right when the burning sun scandal was happening, and also people thought tbl would be worse for her anyway because she would end up locked away never releasing much. i can't speak for jype stans that were mad at her, but thats what her own stans were "mad" about.

who's your favorite artist?

• Somi was smart. She knew what was coming if she stayed

Jyp would want her to let go all her solo cfs, her 10m followers personal ig, freedom of music etc

Jyp became paranoid after miss a even twice didn't get solos yet. Jyp stans were so naive to support everything that jyp did

• Kinda odd to talk about ED and cimpanies when Somi needs IVs to function right now.

I haven't mentioned ED in regards to Somi, as I'd rather not speculate about her, I've mentioned the situation as an example because Min publicly came out to say it just recently and I've watched it just recently so it was on my mind.

this is old news right?

any reason why one would be discussing it now? lol

Yes.

I don't know. It was her choice to leave and everyone should respect that. Was it because of her reputation in IOI and SIXTEEN? She definitely seemed like a popular member with a destined Face of the Group title.

A lot of people thought she should've debuted with Twice, but didn't. Then she debuted with IOI and was the top 1 and then nothing happened with her career for a while. I just think people's reactions to her decision were and still are weird.

mKl7Ghm.png

• Tbh I’m grateful for her leave, otherwise Yuna wouldn’t have been in the lineup

But it is a bit bizarre how she left JYP, for a YG subsidiary. Cuz on top of the fact that they don’t have a better history with treating their artist well (especially female artist), she’s now being put on the back burner.

Then there was that Jennie/Twice post that she made which was very suspect. And how she went harder for promoting BP in her first few weeks/months of being under TBL than she ever did for Twice when she was in JYP all those years

And her music isn’t much different from Itzy’s, just that it’s a soloist doing it with slightly more English lines, so I can’t see music direction being the deciding factor unless she specifically wanted to be a soloist

But otherwise if she felt like it was the best decision for her, then it was the best decision for her. I do agree with the solo activity stuff, all of that would’ve been dropped unfortunately, unless JYP was gonna make her another Suzy

• I remember that. It made me so angry back then. Somi really didn't deserve the hate she got. Jyp would of never let her go solo, so they both decided it was best to let her leave. It was that simple, there was no beef.

• I haven't mentioned ED in regards to Somi, as I'd rather not speculate about her, I've mentioned the situation as an example because Min publicly came out to say it just recently and I've watched it just recently so it was on my mind.

You said you wouldnt speculate anything about Somi but then you shouldnt use Min's example yourself to speculate what actually happen to her. Other than that, I completely agree with your main point.

:wellr::wellr::wellr:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

• In my personal opinion, I believe some stans were mad bc Somi left all of a sudden when she was clearly going to debut with ITZY, and then people think she is a "betrayer" and a "company's waste" if she left.

Also, some of her fans might notice that in 2019 YG got in a ton of scandals, and if Somi went there she won't get a good treatment and her releases will take a very long time to drop, which is kind of happening right now.

The Jennie's Solo and TWICE's Yes Or Yes post, for me, was not shady like ppl said. I think she wanted to congratulate both, she is still very close to TWICE, so why shading them?

Somi is doing good now, but I feel like she would be better if she was in a group.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• I think people thought that after she was done with IOI still being signed with JYP Entertainment that she was going to join the final lineup of Itzy and that it shook future Midzy fans that she would leave to join The Black Label not too much long after.

ღ Happy Birthday / 10.18.2005 ღ

6f2600f9ca710c96c5228757df28dbe5d21c9ff1.gifv giphy.gif 84e36da9f196e239f5a3bc0d2103c8cce10f4953.gifv

• You said you wouldnt speculate anything about Somi but then you shouldnt use Min's example yourself to speculate what actually happen to her. Other than that, I completely agree with your main point.

:wellr::wellr::wellr:

I'm not speculating about what happened to Min, Min said that herself. Neither am I speculating about what happened to Somi, I've never speculated about it, I just made an example of an unfavorable situation that was done to one of their former artists when they were signed with them. Like, I didn't mention those situations to say that the same thing happened to Somi, just that JYP isn't the perfect company some people claim it to be. I don't know why you're reaching like this about such an irrelevant part?

mKl7Ghm.png

• well as someone who was a fan of somi back then i think many people that were her fans that were mad about it weren't happy that she was choosing to be yg affiliated bc that was right when the burning sun scandal was happening, and also people thought tbl would be worse for her anyway because she would end up locked away never releasing much. i can't speak for jype stans that were mad at her, but thats what her own stans were "mad" about.

weren't the burning sun scandal in 2019? somi left jyp in 2018. or do you mean her solo debut?

кιм נєηηιє ⭐︎мαησвαη ℓαℓιѕα⭐︎ ραяк ¢нαєуσυηg ⭐︎ кιм נιѕσσ

540 Jennie Kim ideas | blackpink jennie, kim, kim jennie Blackpink Jennie Teddy Bear Şapka | krimofashion.com  제니츄 on Twitter | Blackpink fashion, Fashion, Black pink

• It makes no different. My point is regardless of staying at JYPE(who I've made my feelings clear about that pile of shit company in the past) I don't think idol well being is worth bringing up since all have a terrible track record and from what I can see, regardless of who's to blame, Somi is not currently physically healthy irrespective of walking away from JYP.

I've just watched Min's podcast and this was an example about how the situation in the company isn't perfect and I wasn't saying the same thing happened to Somi, so yes, it does matter because you're putting words and connotations in my mouth. Min spoke about it herself and opened about a situation she went through herself and she put it out there because she was comfortable with us knowing and with it being discussed and I'm not discussing it in a malicious way NEITHER WAS I FUCKING IMPLYING THAT SOMI HAS AN ED.

mKl7Ghm.png

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!