Do you think Ennik "Somi" Douma striking out on her own prove to be a good choice?

• Should Ennik have joined Itzy? 19

1. Yes (4) 21%
    2. No (15) 79%

Taking a break from my usual subject, I am going to talk about Ennik "Somi" Douma whom I will call Ennik whether you like or not.

(In Chris Bohjalian's book "Double Bind", a world where the Great Gatsby was real, the daughter of Daisy and Tom Buchanan HATES Jay Gatsby to death. She insists calling him James Gatz, his real name, to the end and in the end she commits the protagonist, who tracks Gatsby's black son who became a Jazz musician, after being raped and used that project as a healing process, to a mental institution and destroys every evidence of Gatsby.

I wrote about that to explain why I insist calling IU Lee Jieun, along with a host of other monikers (Klus (KPop's Least Useful Singer), KPop's Senior Singer, The Effective Owner of Edam Entertainment, etc. I also think calling people with real names remove some of the mystique, so I will call Ennik Douma Ennik.)

Ennik Douma was high in JYP's Sixteen audition and was a shoo in for JYP's new group, but for whatever reason, she left and moved to YG.

Just after that, YG got into a host of trouble. And since YG's chief producer Teddy concentrated in BlackPink, he did not give Ennik a good song, and in her debut single her self-written song was received better.

She just released a new song, but since BP's comeback is apparently imminent, it is a stopgap measure.

Meanwhile Itzy is doing well, and has cemented its place, although it is said JYP will release a new group next year.

Ennik mostly acted in the CFs making some good chunk, but since Jang Wonyoung of Starship has jumped into the arena she will combat Ennik on that age group.

Ennik was definitely more popular in 2016 than now.

Do you think Ennik should have stuck and joined Itzy, or do you think she made a better choice? I do lean to the former, since she is not given good opportunities in YG which tends to concentrate only in a few acts.

• Do we really know if it was her choice to leave Itzy pre debut lineup? I think that JYP was afraid of another Miss A and Suzy situation, so after many years they wanted her to be solo. After waiting too much for a group that she couldn't join, she left JYP.

All speculation of course, but for me makes sense as a Somi fan since Sixteen.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Do we really know if it was her choice to leave Itzy pre debut lineup? I think that JYP was afraid of another Miss A and Suzy situation, so after many years they wanted her to be solo. After waiting too much for a group that she couldn't join, she left JYP.

If she had insisted JYP would not have been able to say no.

She is now not being promoted well enough ... not too many people knew about her comeback this time

• Taking a break from my usual subject,

And still an entire paragraph

I wrote about that to explain why I insist calling IU Lee Jieun, along with a host of other monikers (Klus (KPop's Least Useful Singer), KPop's Senior Singer, The Effective Owner of Edam Entertainment, etc.

:)

oooh IU is Voldemort "one who shall not be named" and Whyknock is Dumbledore who destroys her mystique by calling her "Lee Jieun, a la Tom Riddle".

But it is wasted, when folks have no way of knowing, if IU is even aware of Whyknock's existence. :(

How about this, EDAM will recruit Somi, into their band of death eaters :)

• who knows... I think she will do better in group that she is doin as soloist but only when group won't have like 10-12 members with most being visuals

but small group 5-6, maybe seven members

as for ITZY pre-debut at some point Mako which is currently in NiziU was also a 'part of a plan'

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Somi's doing just fine. This is a prerelease for an album, so the single IS promotion, and she is also going to do much more promotion for this single than WYWF.

External Content twitter.com

External Content twitter.com

The Five Horsemen Of The Apocalypse
    BP2.jpg Very-Very-Very-Smaller.gif BP1.jpg

• Basically Somi was breaking JYPs “moral rules” and when the public found out she was drinking the cat was out of the bag and JYP came down hard on her to follow stricter life rules. This probably pissed her off enough to look for another company that better fit her looser Western-esque lifestyle and that’s where TBL came in.

She couldn’t continue with her innocent little girl image anymore (after all she was turning into an adult) so the public for the most part broke off with her. Many JYP stans also left her. But she had the YG crowd in their place.

The question is not if she should have jatayed with ITZY (her personality would have to be different for this to happen), but whether Somi should redebut in a TBL group but those chances are becoming less likely.

All the members in ITZY were handpicked and formed around Somi. Everything was formed around this girl. And she was already a confirmed member and did a group photoshoot with Chaeryeong, Yeji, Ryujin and Lia. They were rumoured to debut soon but she left and got ice cream with her dad and JYP at Soulcup afterwards. This was the day she terminated her contract.

It’s shocking she left JYP but it’s not surprising she left to go to YG. She’s a big YG stan. From 2NE1, CL, Big Bang, and Blackpink. She also would talk highly of YG even in IOI to her days in JYP.

Somi is a big girl and knows the business. Same with her stage dad lol. She chose to leave and move to Teddy’s label. She likes writing her own songs and getting endorsements. Complaining about her lack of songs, well that’s her fault. But at the end of day her fans say she’s happy in Teddy’s label.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!