my take on Twice's personalities

• dahyun- she kind of has a dual personality. can be easily excited on screen and humorous. she loves a good game and takes them seriously but she's definitely kind of serious and quiet off screen and occasionally in group interviews too. she has said that she finds cameras and receiving attention thrilling and naturally becomes excited. but i can also see that she's the kind to contemplate on things and is sensitive, i get the feeling from what she has said that she is the type to occasionally overthink the things people say to her or the way they behave around her- even if it was done lightheartedly. i think she's quite pensive off screen and has various mood swings in a day too, as she's said. she's also fairly private, for someone who does vlives and such quite often, she has actually revealed quite little about herself. she prefers to talk about things like food (chocolate) or what she did that day than tell stories. i do think she really keeps to herself and only shares deeper feelings with the ones she feels closest to. she's humorous and enjoys acting silly from time to time but i've noticed that the kind of humor she enjoys most is physical (like funny dances or expressions)-- such as the eagle dance. she rarely roasts the members, even the ones younger than her. she isn't a huge fan of savage humor and i don't think she particularly enjoys being on the receiving end of it either which is one of the many reasons that her and Sana get along so well i think- neither of them seem to intentionally push each other's buttons. she's also quite principled i think- she's not unpredictable or impulsive. fan interactions are her favorite thing ever i think, she truly seems like she loves being around fans and is genuinely sad when she can't. i think she really gets energized from talking to them at fan meetings and such.

tzuyu- she strikes me as someone with a very healthy way of thinking and living. i think she's very principled and responsible but she also has this very pure, childlike innocent aura. her body language and expressions sometimes remind me of that of a child (only off stage I mean) and I mean that in an endearing way. just look at her reaction here when the fan speaks mandarin at 2:20

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

she's very principled i think but also a lot more emotional and talkative than she shows on camera. i think tzuyu is shyer than Mina and some of the members have commented that she's more talkative and emotional off camera. she's shyer on camera but not as introverted or withdrawn off camera as Mina might be. i've noticed the type of humor Tzuyu enjoys in others the most is the savage kind. nothing makes her laugh harder than when the other members hurt each other- physically or verbally. if you want to see Tzuyu laugh so hard using every muscle in her face watch a game in which the other members accidentally slap or hit each other or watch when they occasionally diss each other, like when they did a lie detector test and Momo answered yes to being uncomfortable around Jihyo or something of the sort and Tzuyu found that really funny or when they play that game the pot and hammer game and Tzuyu cracks up so hard at them accidentally hitting each other. Not that she enjoys others truly feeling bad, just that she likes cheeky humor occasionally. the type of humor she possesses and uses is actually the unintetionally funny kind. she has had her savage moments too but she doesn't do it that often. she has a natural sense of humor where she does or says something, and everyone bursts out laughing and then she realizes it was funny. she doesn't try to be funny. like a child who is naturally funny and adults find that hilarious. she talks way more in one on one conversations than group ones. she's very pure.

nayeon- she's rather similar off stage and on stage as well as off screen and on screen i think. she exudes confidence everywhere and seems to be truly very comfortable in her own skin. strength of mind seems to be very important to her and i think i have seen a similar quote of hers somewhere. she's very clear in the way she thinks and feels. she enjoys asserting herself and taking charge, but at her own will. i don't think she would enjoy having to be in charge 24/7 as she does enjoy being playful and occasionally slightly rebellious. at the same time, she's very responsible and really takes care of all of the members. she's good at steering the conversation in group interviews and telling quick anecdotes about other members or asking them a question. i think she really believes in herself 100% and respects herself. she's also very reactive- she's quick to react to everything around her. someone makes a joke, she laughs loudly (only if she truly finds it funny though- according to her), someone says something surprising, she puts on a shocked face and asks a question. she's very curious i think. she enjoys banter and making fun of her members but will also compliment them a lot openly, unprompted. she's also very unfiltered, she's not one to hide her expressions and is also very honest. i think she's the type of person who really respects honesty and self-assuredness in other people as well. judging by nayeon's taste in movies, i think she really loves dynamic or emotional stories. i know she loves dramas and she also loves movies like "eternal sunshine of the spotless mind". i think she's philosophical and enjoys thinking about the meanings of things. she also seems like one the most openminded members to me. she isn't one to really reprimand others but rather give her opinion. i don't think nayeon is really the type who wants the inculcate habits in people or steer them in a direction, rather she's the type to try to back them up and believe them and empower them in whatever they want to do. she's sensitive but also quite expressive of her feelings.

mina- she's very introverted but it seems to be fully out of choice rather than shyness. she can be a bit shy though, but her comfort zone is i think to be by herself. she's different around chaeyoung though, seems very comfortable around her although she's close to all of the members, but just different around chaeyoung, most "herself" maybe. i think she is super comfortable just being by herself for hours and hours at a time, playing games, knitting or crocheting, and watching things. she's also kind of secretive and doesn't reveal a lot about herself (on camera atleast). her personality is quite enigmatic. she's quick to smile so she has a warm aura despite being quiet. she has said herself that she hates conflict and even didn't have many fights with her brother either (i think). part of the reason for that might be because she is kind of self-reliant. you can't really be upset with people that much if you don't demand or expect a lot from them in the first place. she doesn't expect a ton from people around her i think, maybe just the few she is really close to if anything. she directs a lot of her energy inwards rather than out which helps with getting along with people too, i believe. i think she struggles with making decisions sometimes and can question herself which is probably one of the characteristics of her ideal type is someone who is decisive and can guide her. i think she feels better when she's doing something with her hands, something that forces her to be mindful and focused and not pay attention to anything else (puzzles, crocheting/knitting, gaming, legos). it helps her zone everything else out and think about just that one thing, something that gives her a true physical escape and challenges her fully (vs watching movies or listening to music where you are still very much with your thoughts as you are not challenged- which im sure she does too from time to time but the things that give her the most energy are manual things i think). she has said she has trouble fitting in with people and feels passive if there's a lot of people although she can be around her closest friends for hours. i think her love language is gift giving. she has said that she's not good with words or taking care of people around her but she expresses things through making handmade gifts. maybe she's like her mom in that way, i remember her mom making a pouch for all of the twice members or something similar. i think mina is the type of person who is very different if she's very comfortable around you. most people are but maybe even more for so for her.

i'll do the other members later this week

Edited once, last by booople ().

• Tzuyu apparently can't buy things online, I mean TWICE members said she is buying of course but she isn't comparing prices in different shops, so she always pays much more than she should. So girls said she needs to learn it fast to not overspend.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I agree with all that was written here. I think you are like me who likes to observe people's actions and try to understand the person behind them.

I have to say I remember Tzuyu being more open around Twice's debut than how she became later and saw her slowly opening up a little with time. I don't follow their variety appearances now but I couldn't help but feel the China incident made her very mindful to speak properly as her own words could be used against her.

• I agree with all that was written here. I think you are like me who likes to observe people's actions and try to understand the person behind them.

I have to say I remember Tzuyu being more open around Twice's debut than how she became later and saw her slowly opening up a little with time. I don't follow their variety appearances now but I couldn't help but feel the China incident made her very mindful to speak properly as her own words could be used against her.

So you are sayung Tzuyu is a pretty cheeky girl by nature

:teeheek::teeheek::teeheek:

Fe8TZRpaMAIFav2?format=jpg&name=large

ThinkAbouTzu, Tuwuice:pleading::pleading::pleading:

very sad if true :(

• I would say that Tzuyu is more careful than shy. You can see that in the beginning she was cheeky, energetic and joked a lot (intentionally). The problem is with time she became more and more careful of what she is saying and doing

People tend to judge her based on var. shows but ignored the language barrier and that Korean culture and humour were often too alien for her

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!