Girls Planet 999 EP 3 Review

• well it's pandemic... and also they've needed to change up things a bit, and remember that they've already allowed 1 year younger contestants that they've originally planned because apparently most audition videos were send by young teenagers

plus if for example SNH48 would send girls who ranked in the top 20 in SNH elections then you would say the same :) that those are known faces etc.

my only wish is that they've could have more fresh faces on the Korean side, after all, it's the mecca of kpop and we know there are tons of talented trainees, or dancers, or singers in Korea... so if MNet would be smarter then they would take independent trainees, give them contracts under one of their agencies and surprise us with those new girls.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• well it's pandemic... and also they've needed to change up things a bit, and remember that they've already allowed 1 year younger contestants that they've originally planned because apparently most audition videos were send by young teenagers

plus if for example SNH48 would send girls who ranked in the top 20 in SNH elections then you would say the same :) that those are known faces etc.

my only wish is that they've could have more fresh faces on the Korean side, after all, it's the mecca of kpop and we know there are tons of talented trainees, or dancers, or singers in Korea... so if MNet would be smarter then they would take independent trainees, give them contracts under one of their agencies and surprise us with those new girls.

they have next to no fresh faces...

it does feel to me like this season is comprised of people who weren't good enough/popular enough for chuang/produce china/their korean groups

gotta wait for more tho

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Okay from this episode my conclusions:

HYLT:

1. Jia? from hylt team 2 ate this shit up... girl needs to rise she ate her team and the other team as well

2. Cai Bing aint for top 9, expressions are great but skills are lacking

3. They did bad to Dayeon by not keeping her top 9 purposefully because everyone and their moms knew she kills in skills.. And I enjoy her expressions as well idk why some act like she has none

4. I dont like how there was no comment on Rinka by judges made or aired...She was killing the centre, both in singing and look wise

5. hylt team 1 second rapper... idk her name but her charisma and rap was better than the main rapper and centre combined

6. Yeongun is a great dancer, great rapper and now a great vocal as well... she needs to make it

7. Yujin wasn't even visible.. she just said in auditions that clc concepts didn't make her stand out but ended up choosing hylt anyways like whats the difference, ily but again you didnt stand out

8. Seungeun... she did mess up a bit at start but it wasnt that noticeable if not for the editing I feel... I wasnt a fan of her in the first two episodes but I really liked the funny but helpful vibes she had this time as a leader, I see huge potential as well

• Yes or Yes

1. Team 1 was more cohesive than team 2 but team 3 vocals overall were better to me (except hyerin? from team 1? she ate that shit, gonna look out for her now)

2. Sein aint that bad girl just lacks a bit focus, unfortunate cause I enjoy her vocal color and attitude on stage a lot, isnt tryhard...

3. except like 1-2 girls all from both team were too cringe, like you dont have to act that cute, calm down... ywoce never went this winky cutie in this song, dont do it

4. Jiwon was still fine as a center as compared to doah

5. I don't really have much to say.. in team 2 that tall mature girl (not the blonde one, but the one who does jeongyeon parts) I liked her.. she does well, and is a good team player..

• It wasn't a mistake, she just wanted more screentime :pepe-hehe:

she didn't have lines there but I believe from place in which mentors were sitting her mistake of movement was visible

still it wasn't as bad as the one when two other girls didn't know what to do lol

overall I believe that for such a short time of training PD's should better pick Lovesick Girls because it's choreo which focuses very much on hand movement and gestures so it will be easier to show it nicely on tv :)

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• The winning cells of those 2 Performances supposedly get x2 votes for 24 Hours

Is that right now?, since the winners were shown, or some 24 hour period after the next episode airs?

They really were not clear about that

Same, I'm also confused about this

24 hrs before the vote closed. You may rewatch when Yeo Jingoo explained to the girls in ep02.

I can't understand how 'Yes or Yes' Team 2 was better vocally. Aside from clearly weaker main vocal, someone went clearly off-tune. Its main vocal was weaker and its weakest vocal was worst.

Yujin contributed a lot to dampened performance of Team 1. Her leadership sucked. She didn't see the big picture. She was not aware the most crucial factor of the song was the energy+attitude. She should have exercised her leader power and appointed Xia Yan the center. Ziyin showed better understanding that the center should be the one setting the tone of the performance and handpicked Doah the center while giving herself short lines because she was not cute nor bubbly. Yujin also went lost couldn't lead the direction of the practice. It seemed like she was abashed seeing few members could dance to the song right away while she, who was supposed to be better due to her experience, couldn't.

• You are comparing Apples to Oranges here. Those were final results after Months of appealing to the Public

The GP 999 Top 9 is not a reflection of Public opinion at all, they haven't even voted yet, I bet the Top 12 for Produce 48 and 101 were very different after only those first 2 episodes and not the months of exposure that followed

• You are comparing Apples to Oranges here. Those were final results after Months of appealing to the Public

The GP 999 Top 9 is not a reflection of Public opinion at all, they haven't even voted yet, I bet the Top 12 for Produce 48 and 101 were very different after only those first 2 episodes and not the months of exposure that followed

you're right. let me find the initial rankings. im sure 101 will have fewer but idk bout 48

okay here's the episode 1 rankings for the other two seasons:

101:
    1. somi (16)
    2. sejeong (kpop star 2)

kyulkyung
    4. chaeyeon (dia)
    5. eunwoo (superstar k4)

6. hyuiyeon (dia)
    7. dani (t-ara n4)

mina

nayoung

eunbean

yoojung

so thats 54%

48:

1. sakura (48)
    yujin, wonyoung

4. jurina (48)
    5.kaeun (after school)
    6. gyuri (fromis)

yena

8. si an (idol school)

9. miru (48)
    10. yuri (idol school)
    yiren

12. mako (48)

so 66% when half of the trainees were predebuted under akb

so equal to 48, less than 101. but 48 was a tie up with akb so it makes sense that so many trainees were predebuted, without the akb48 members only 33% would have been predebuted.

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• Agree with this, Team 2 left a much bigger impression on me. Team 1 might have less mistake but they're hardly memorable especially since the center didn't really bring anything to the table for this performance, compared to Team 2's center who is very fierce. Jia is really a standout and i hope she can survive this round because that girl has huge potential.

• Why has there got to be a full week between these performance episodes where we are supposed to be voting on who was the best and I ain't seen most of the performances

Oh well in the meantime my prediction of final 9 based on what I have seen and read has changed a little with episode 3 and a little bit of online research (prediction not my preference)

K5rqirT.png

With one caveat, I still need to see how Bahiyyih is edited in the next episode to have an idea of what MNet's intentions are and whether she is a part of their plans, so I could swap her out for probably Kim Chaehyun

Changes from my last prediction are my Bias JiYoon out ;( (I saw an unofficial poll and she isn't even top 20 K-group so my heart sunk reading that) and also Lou Fei out who I honestly only had her in because I thought it was a 3/3/3 split then and also completely misread online opinion of her, and I replaced them with Yeseo and YoungEun who are undeniably popular

I like that theoretical group and would support them, but it is so disappointing finding out my JiYoon obsession is not mainstream opinion and she has very little chance

• Great review icy!

I hope to come back with a more in depth review as well but i just wanted to say something that sticks out for me after thinking about the eps.

Both YoY and HYLT missed the mark for me. More so HYLT. It's like no one gave them direction on what the song is about and how they should perform it. Instead they were stuck on outdated concept ideas like "cute" and "girl crush" when YoY is not just cute and HYLT is not just girl crush. YoY is more positive and energetic and HYLT is more confident and swaggy sass.

Did they even listen and understand the lyrics? I feel like they didn't get it and so the performances are either too cute or too strong.

• I loooooove Xiaoting. She's my main pick for C-group, but she didn't stand out as a center even though she looked stunning. Yurina (my #1 overall) is a softie, but she did well with the little screentime she got. They should've used her voice more, I mean, she's amazing. Youngeun is my new Choi Yena: good-at-everything-dol while being a cute baby off stage. I love this cell and how they match.

Yujin was the biggest let down both in terms of performance and leadership. She was outshined by literally everyone in the group. But because of the cell thing, it's hard to imagine Cai Bing fitting in the same concept as Yujin... Yujin fits Fiesta, Cai Bing doesn't. Cai Bing fits The Eve, Yujin doesn't. Yujin fits Pretty U, Cai Bing doesn't... And so on. May would do well in any team tbh. She's the hidden card in thins cell.

Everyone is cringing ant Doah but I love it lol I feel like she took that Etude House sassy princess role. She's so fun lol. But yeah, team #1 was better.

Overall I agree with the judges so far, I just think they were too harsh on Cai Bing because she did well imo.

• I feel like the next episode is probably going to show 5 performances and then on the 27th show the last two and an intro to the next mission. I don't know if they can fit 7 performances plus the back story in the episode.

What I'm interested in is seeing who gets eliminated and who of those cells the judges will give a planet pass to stay

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!