Girls Planet 999 EP 2 Review

• So because MNET doesn't show the full performance, here is my take on all the performances showed in Episode 2

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

This performance was really good, the one that catches my eye most is the main vocal and the girl with the hat. They are really stable while singing. This was a good song pick for them but I do feel it is kinda like a safe pick? Like they know they can pull it off I want to see them do something even more wow, but considering this is their first performance it was good

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Kinda disappointed? I was expecting more from this performance, considering how hyped one of the members are for being Huening Kai's sister (that must really put a lot of pressure on her though because many are expecting her to do well). I would say Bahiyyih actually did the best in the group she sounded not bad. I don't think it was as bad as MNET edited it to be they can be improved on. The adlibs though ..... could be a lot better

We expected them to be good right? And yes they sure are. Tbh the only person I knew from the group was Doah but the one that really caught my attention was the girl with the pink checkered skirt. All of them were really good like honestly there is nothing to critic about this performance they had everything. Like the rest of the contestants call em ... Avengers

When she said she's an ACE she really meant it and this performance shows it. She performs like a real pro. I mean before this I knew she participated in other survival shows in China but didn't make it so I really hope that she can make it far because she really deserves it.

How she sing so well while spinning and twisting and bending in really hard positions I can't comprehend. IIRC they didn't show the full performance for this, which was kinda a waste because it is really good. I also like her vocal colour a lot it has that very deep sexy sultry feel to it.

I feel like this performance is ok but the vocals sounded a bit weird? It's not that it's bad it sounds like they are trying to sound like Hwasa. The highlight of this performance is the dancing for sure. I think Hwasa set the bar very high for this song it feels like a good performance but it didn't really wow me.

Yo this was so good wtf why didn't they show it all urghhhh such a waste. Bora that high note omg. Really watching all these performance up to this one it feels like they really save all the good vocalists in this episode. People need to appreciate Bora more her vocals are so good I really hope she makes it as the groups main vocal. Not only that but they popped off for the dance as well

I mean we all knew she would do well. She really showed everyone why she is a veteran from her dance and vocals. And she's one of the few who really capture the camera well. I really hope she can debut because .... Cube already fucked up CLC. This was a good song choice. If anything I would say maybe it's a safe pick? Maybe could have done better but it's because we expect a lot from her

The following performances were not aired in the episode

The performance was ok it didn't wow me tbh I expected more considering May was in it. The vocals overall aren't that good they can do a lot better like there were a lot of voice cracks. This isn't for them but for other performances in general, I feel a lot of times people crack their voice is because they don't exactly know how to control their falsetto well, or when they try to transition from a chest to falsetto they can't do it well enough and bam voice crack. I would rather you try and just sing it if chest voice is more comfortable (unless you can't reach the note then ... oh wells).

What is with all the Cherry Bullet members getting main vocal lines. Then again Jiwon actually did great here like she doesn't even get a chance to properly have good singing lines to showcase her voice in Cherry Bullet songs despite being the center. Rayeon honestly sounds a bit rough here but she can do a lot better. I don't know why they cut this urghhhh they really cut all 3 Cherry Bullet performances they did them so dirty

I don't really know what to say about this. I don't think it's bad but it isn't erm good? It's like mehh. The thing is the energy just isn't there? It feels like they are performing just for the sake of performing I don't feel the drive. And the fact that MNET didn't show this performance + I don't even know who they are, I probably will never know. The dancing is really mehhh.

I'm pissed that MNET cut this because I really like Xu Ziyin's voice. And the fact that she perform a Sunmi song in front of Sunmi herself. Then again I don't think this was her best performance. Her singing is bit shaky with the dancing but from the tone of her voice you can hear that she is a good vocalist. Thing is the chorus which is the more shaky part even Sunmi herself do not sing that part live so I'ma give her props for trying (like if you watch Sunmi's performance you will know what I mean she skip those parts that Ziyin was shaky while singing). Also RIP earrings at the 1min mark.

This song really brings back a lot of memories from Produce 48. However, the vocals were a real mess. I mean we already know that this song is hard to sing, especially the high part. I feel they should have chosen a song that can suit their voice better. Then again I didn't hate this performance they had like this cute energy to them that I kinda like

When I saw they are going to sing this song I already anticipated it to be bad vocally because even Twice themselves can't pull off the vocals that well live (no shade but it's true, this song is way out of range even for Twice themselves despite Nayeon and Jihyo being great singers), so when they sounded bad I wasn't even surprised I was like "there, I knew it". Still, props to them for singing like every part they really tried. Should have chosen a different song

S Tier (really good almost flawless): gogobebe, WOW THING, Snapping, Paradise Lost, Bounce Back, Bubble Pop

A (good performance overall)Tier: Whatta Man, Maria

B (ok performance, some good some bad) Tier: Boogie Up, Siren

C (really mehhhh) Tier: Mr Chu, Latata, 1000%, I Can't Stop Me

D (why are you even here) Tier:

Best performance of this episode goes to

• icyruios Did you know the main vocal with the shiny purple jacket in Wow Thing is from Limesoda?

• icyruios Did you know the main vocal with the shiny purple jacket in Wow Thing is from Limesoda?

I only learned about it from the show they did mention it. Not only that I didn't even know that there were 2 other Fanatics member on the show other than Doah

• @icyruios @Hopkinz

More notes on Hyerim

Former JYP trainee.

Undefeated in every battle in KPOP-STAR season 6 until the final episode even though her team was the underdog in every match up except one. It was even mentioned on the show.

• That's it, I'm gonna only say this young lady has it all

• This episode was really good. I was disappointed at bahiyyi’s group but then against they did say they are babies and they need more practice. Bahiyyi was good I think but there is so many talented girl in this group. Let’s see how she will do in the future.

Yukon’s part made me tear up a little when she finished and she said she wasn’t complimented that much. Bless, she was so emotional.

:pepe-sad:

My favourite has to be Su Rui from this episode. She is charismatic, has a great voice and she is really good at dancing.

:claps:

• wait for the moment when first voting ranking will be announced and Bahiyyih will rank somewhere in top 20 maybe even top 10 and then look at faces of other girls...

this is one of those stupid things in survivals, she already get screentime, and Sunmi mentioned Huening Kai and they've even broadcasted the siblings video call...

just wanna say this I'm not saying she's bad but at this point honestly there is 40 if not 50 girls which impressed us more, yet I'm sure Bahiyyih will make it to the next rounds.

• wait for the moment when first voting ranking will be announced and Bahiyyih will rank somewhere in top 20 maybe even top 10 and then look at faces of other girls...

this is one of those stupid things in survivals, she already get screentime, and Sunmi mentioned Huening Kai and they've even broadcasted the siblings video call...

just wanna say this I'm not saying she's bad but at this point honestly there is 40 if not 50 girls which impressed us more, yet I'm sure Bahiyyih will make it to the next rounds.

Yeah, looks like it. I low-key hope someone pulls off G.G. Zhang Siyuan on the elimination ¬‿¬ :

• I wish they'd list out the names of each girl for these performances in big clear letters at the start of these performances.

I spend half the time stopping and trying to figure out who's in each of these "miracles" "marshmallow" "superwomen" etc groups.

I'm gonna go through these after work today. When I got 6 hours to watch 12 minutes of time

• Also regarding Wow Thing, i thought the group’s dancing was great and the singing was okay, but the all-pick for the top9 candidate was undeserved imo.

Especially considering they didn’t all-pick the KD/A group? That was so shady :sleeping:

Gogobebe team is better on this upload than the broadcast.

Bounce Back Team’s vocals is really good Bora needs to bounce into the top for real.

• For me

S: snapping and bounce back

A+: gogobebe and wow thing

I’d like to add in Bubble Pop here as well. Thought Yujin did fantastic and she actually stops singing on perfect times like, bubble pop, or the ooh-ahhs. Really pro. That’s what they should do when singing and dancing live. Don’t try to sing everything, even the second voices, jesus 😭

One of my pet peeves in rookie singings.

• I wish they'd list out the names of each girl for these performances in big clear letters at the start of these performances.

I spend half the time stopping and trying to figure out who's in each of these "miracles" "marshmallow" "superwomen" etc groups.

I'm gonna go through these after work today. When I got 6 hours to watch 12 minutes of time

^^^^

Unnecessary and literally I cant even find the girls names

• Just a thing, the vocal techniques aren't really showcased. I think Roada Xu may be the strongest vocalist here at this point. Yujin showed some nice things that are the norm for performers in the industry. She did really well. Chaehyun seems to be pretty weak with technique along with many of the other girls. Bora is not bad!!!! Cherry Bullet has better vocals than many groups so it makes sense how they mostly became main vocalists in their groups. MNET did Chaehyun dirty dirty after seeing these performances.

HK's sister, I feel bad for her, no way will she live up to that amount of hype so fast.

ICSM was much much better than I thought.

Agreed with icy on the best performances.

• I just saw this clip, and Choi Yujin almost had me in tears at the end, being moved with her sad story and CLC's fate, and her tears of gratefulness for the jury's compliments ;(

Dammit, I thoroughly dislike Mnet, their biased, serial manipulations of their shows in the past 10+ years, and the fact that Chowon and Kaeun suffered in their careers because of them, and I despise it that they have the audacity to start up an idol survival show so soon again, with the same evil editing etc, so shortly after having been found guilty of manipulations last year.

But seeing a couple more clips like this, and I know I'll end up watching some episodes anyway, and get attached to some of the candidates ?(

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• Just a thing, the vocal techniques aren't really showcased. I think Roada Xu may be the strongest vocalist here at this point. Yujin showed some nice things that are the norm for performers in the industry. She did really well. Chaehyun seems to be pretty weak with technique along with many of the other girls. Bora is not bad!!!! Cherry Bullet has better vocals than many groups so it makes sense how they mostly became main vocalists in their groups. MNET did Chaehyun dirty dirty after seeing these performances.

HK's sister, I feel bad for her, no way will she live up to that amount of hype so fast.

ICSM was much much better than I thought.

Agreed with icy on the best performances.

For real like I'm really looking forward to hearing her sing

Singing to IZ*ONE Panorama

And Ailee's Heaven

• edit: let me rate everyone first

Finished.

What matters the most to me is how they sound, so I'm rating based on that. I'm not really paying attention to the dances.

S (very good): snapping, bounce back

A (good): gogobebe, wow thing, bubble pop

B (fine): paradise lost

C (average): whatta man, siren

D (bad): mr chu, maria, boogie up, latata, icsm

E (very bad): summerwish

• that's a clip for you then

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!