Girls Planet 999 EP 3 Review

• If I didn't mention the members, it means they did ok but not outstanding nor did they fk up. Or that I didn't notice them enough at all to even remember to type it down

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Jiwon was a great center in this song she really has the aura. The "hey guardians" was a really nice touch.
    • Hyerim and Chaehyun's vocals were amazing, especially Hyerim and her smile is just so contagious
    • No one talked about Yiman? The one that sang Jeongyeon's first part. I think she's really good she's one to look out for and her cell is pretty strong. The girl that sang after her was really good too don't know what's her name

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• I said it before in another thread I'll say it again. Ziyin should have gotten main vocal. I think maybe they think her voice is a bit too mature for a Twice song and they tried to go for "cuter main vocals". But just listen to Jeongyeon's part that she say and tell me I'm wrong.
    • Wen Zhe did great. I mean the Helicopter performance her vocal was ... totally not it. She redeemed herself big time.
    • The girl that sang the second part of the pre-chorus I think her name is Risako? She's actually good? Like why isn't anyone talking about her
    • I feel Doah overdid the intro but it was still ok. Her overall performance is pretty good.
    • I think giving Se In the main vocal part really put a huge pressure on her but she actually did pretty well I feel
    • Ririka improved a lot from her Fancy performance
    • The harmonization at 0:37 was actually really good, better than Team 1

In general for both performance

• I think both teams tried too hard to be cute. I mean yes Twice is a "cute concept" group but Yes Or Yes was a little more toned down on the cuteness compared to their earlier songs, and both teams I think overexaggerated on the cuteness part that it seemed cringe.
    • I think in general both groups did well for Yes Or Yes but I can see why Team 1 won. In general they seem more cohesive I don't know it's just the vibe?
    • Team 1 main vocals really sold the performance though, and Jiwon too. I think that was the reason why they won

• Jia ATE THAT SHIT UP. Seriously this girl is freaking FIRE. Her dance her rap her facial expressions HER FACIAL EXPRESSIONS urghhh
    • Seungeun definitely did start too early. I mean watching it the first time I didn't notice it but after rewatching it is obvious. She still did great in general though
    • I'll be honest I don't think Dayeon did badly? This has nothing to do with her mistake in the dance. It's just that after Jia's rap which was amazing, Dayeon just .... fell short after that.
    • The center, Rinka, what can I say she slayed the hell out of the song nuff said
    • Basically for this performance, Jia and Rinka carried

• I feel like they were a bit harsh on XiaoTing? I didn't think she did a bad job although Rinka did better. I think maybe because she isn't as "fierce looking" enough for the song?
    • Honestly if we ignore the mistake by Cai Bing at the start, she did really well overall I feel
    • Youngeun, she showed us her rap and dance in her audition and now vocals what can't this girl do?
    • XIA FKING YAN HOLY SHIT GURL I DON'T EVEN. I think I'm gonna root for her now. She surprised me the most in this performance

In general for both performance

• If you ask me, honestly it could have gone both ways. I think the judges chose Team 1 because they made less mistakes. For performances that are pretty even, every single mistake counts
    • I feel like Team 1 was overall more memorable as a group, while Team 2 was memorable because of Jia and Rinka

To end this off.... XIA YAN URGHHHH

611fd90a05c6a433475756.gif

• I will add my few words later. For now I'm still too mad that they've Yujined The Eve group... Like will they do this to us in every each episode?

• I will add my few words later. For now I'm still too mad that they've Yujined The Eve group... Like will they do this to us in every each episode?

They know what people want to see (I assume "Yujined" means tease it without showing it)

Don't be surprised if they drag it out for another episode

4 of the 11 Groups performed in this episode, that still leaves 7 performances, they could easily have the rest of the Girl Group Song performances next episode and leave of on another cliff hanger of Eve Group and the other Boy Group Song performances going into Episode 5

• They know what people want to see (I assume "Yujined" means tease it without showing it)

4 of the 11 Groups performed in this episode, that still leaves 7 performances, they could easily have the rest of the Girl Group Song performances next episode and leave of on another cliff hanger of Eve Group and the other Boy Group Song performances going into Episode 5I

I think they will show every performance next week. This episode only showed 4 because the first half was a lot of practice nonsense crying

• IM PISSED ABOUT HYLT TEAM 2 istg

forget mistakes, those mistakes were barely noticeable

what WAS noticeable was rinka and jia eating up every other participant on the show and leaving no crumbs

RINKA SLAYED SO HARD THAT THE TEAM 1 SEEMED LIKE A CHEAP "KPOP IN PUBLIC" COVER

I MEAN I WAS LIKE "meh" THROUGH THE WHOLE TEAM 1 PERFORMANCE CUZ OF HOW SHE ATE.

team 2 was just bland after rinka and jia and im VERY cai bing biased

this shouldve gone to team 2 im sorry. mistakes or not, it was between

team 1: less mistakes, bland

team 2: more mistakes, WIPED CLEAN DECIMATED RIP TEAM 1

and the worst thing is that i cant find any gifs of team 2 someone helppppp

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

• I made the Xia Yan gif myself

Here is a present my love can you view it?

:pepelove1::pepelove1:

611fe56542164085209039.gif

• In the "Yes or Yes" battle, team 1 is the clear winner for me - they all did great and had amazing energy, while team 2 seemed to how some stand-outs (namely, Ziyin, Zhe, Doah, and Ririka) but overall the performance was less cohesive imo. Sein has good vocals actually, but her stage presence and facial expressions are lacking. I also cannot help but think that Zhe & Ziyin are two high school girls who decided to dance with some middle school girls because they were noticeably taller and "bigger" (in terms of body frame) than the other girls :-D

Both HYLT performances were just OK imo, I definitely liked YoY teams better. Overall, HYLT team 1 was more cohesive despite the mistakes and I liked their voice harmony better, while HYLT team 2's voice tones felt too distinct from each other, making the song sound more "lumpy", plus I feel like their mistakes were more noticeable. Xia Yan is the MVP for me - great rap, no mistakes, good dancing.

But the episode itself is such a joke, lol - we spent half of the time on fillers and part selection drama, and they have shown a grand total of 4 teams and 2 battles. It feels so artificially extended.

• The winning cells of those 2 Performances supposedly get x2 votes for 24 Hours

Is that right now?, since the winners were shown, or some 24 hour period after the next episode airs?

They really were not clear about that

• They know what people want to see (I assume "Yujined" means tease it without showing it)

4 of the 11 Groups performed in this episode, that still leaves 7 performances, they could easily have the rest of the Girl Group Song performances next episode and leave of on another cliff hanger of Eve Group and the other Boy Group Song performances going into Episode 5

No for reallllll, they need to show us all performances in the next episode because in the 5th they should announce ranking and eliminate half of the trainees.

Btw. it's a bit stupid that the first voting round ends the day after 4th episode... unless they filmed/will film some side mission, or healing things and then just broadcast it in the 5th episode on 3rd September, and then announce ranking.

• No for reallllll, they need to show us all performances in the next episode because in the 5th they should announce ranking and eliminate half of the trainees.

Btw. it's a bit stupid that the first voting round ends the day after 4th episode... unless they filmed/will film some side mission, or healing things and then just broadcast it in the 5th episode on 3rd September, and then announce ranking.

The voting closes next saturday, they have to show everyone.

The 7 groups from next week will have less than 24 hours after their performance.

• One thing I didn't like was the judges admitting that they rigged out Kim Dayeon from getting a top nine contender title at the very least. The Judges are there to give accurate assessments. They stated that even though she was in the at the top nine they were confident that she would achieve that on her own with popularity and performances later on. Turned out they were wrong and I guess the only saving grace is they admitted it and that her Cell is at least popular enough to get through to the next round though at around 14th place or so. So instead of placing here were she belonged she got grief from people saying she is spoiled and whiny.

My opinion of the judges and them to really accurately judge everything now is questionable as they are stating they are playing games and favoritism. And this is after the previous MNET rigging scandals of the produce series.

• ninichan and icyruios

damn it seem that we like different members and we've noticed performances of different girls

for example for me it seemed like Dayeon was out of breath and also somehow I now understand why people said she doesn't stand out, because she had one moment when she tried to roll hair over finger, and the whole move wasn't either sexy or pretty, kind of lacking because she also rolled her eyes xD

also that one petite girl with blondish hair doesn't sound good but she really looked good on stage.

as for other group fvck why Yurina got such small lines...

• For me Dayeon did not bad but like it didn't stand out. Not when Jia ate that shit up and made that rap her bitch it's hard to top that. Like I think if Xia Yan followed up after her like how she did for her performance it would still keep the vibe there

• if you're talking about the eve dayeon, she's annoying to me

if you're talking about k1 dayeon, she's talented but really really bland.

to me rinka (hylt team 2) stood out, and ofc jia.

i mostly like c group trainees and hikaru haha

also my problem is with how many of the trainees in this season are "leftovers"

in the top 9 itself

1. hikaru: +gang
    2. yeseo: busters, cutiel

3. xiaoting: chuang

4. ruiqi: produce china, chuang

jiyoon and youngeon are new (finally)

7. yujin: clc

8. cai bing: ksgirls

ayana is new

so 66.66% of the top 9 have either debuted or been on a survival before.

compare that with 101 where:

somi (16)

sejeong (kpopstar 2)

chaeyeon (dia debuted right before produce 101)

so 27%

or even 48 where half of the contestants were already debuted under akb48:

yuri (idol school)

sakura, nako, hitomi (48)

chaeyeon (16, kpop star) 3

eunbi (ye-a)

so 50%

this new top 9 has a higher number of already revealed girls than a show where all the japanese girls had already debuted

r o s e s   a n d   p e a c h e s

Edited once, last by ninichan ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!