How a group can stand out when most groups are selling well nowadays?

• My answer will be: Digitals

Why? Well many groups currently are selling well and breaking their own records but the digital performance is what makes everything different. A group that is able to pull good physical sales and at the same time good digitals is literally dominating.

I’m not talking about only korean charts but international digital platforms as well, it’s is super hard to be extraordinary in both but a decent digital performance can elevate more a group that already have physical sales. Digitals is also a good way to see how is the reception of the group among non fans because only fans buy albums let’s be honest.

What do you think?

• I agree however with boy groups vs girl groups charting is different, but it is very important especially in this generation.

• with all due respect...

no shit sherlock but that still doesn't answer the question of how to stand out... lol

how does one get the streaming numbers? or the viral tiktoks that's the ultimate question

• with all due respect...

no shit sherlock but that still doesn't answer the question of how to stand out... lol

how does one get the streaming numbers? or the viral tiktoks that's the ultimate question

I mean I’m talking making the assumption you already have those digitals, to get streaming numbers imo your brand name is important because not matter how good or bad the song is it will chart well at least at the start since people will check it out.

A viral tiktok can give you a success with THAT specific song it doesn’t guarantee people will eventually check all your stuff. If the artist itself goes viral that’s another story...

• I mean I’m talking making the assumption you already have those digitals, to get streaming numbers imo your brand name is important because not matter how good or bad the song is it will chart well at least at the start since people will check it out.

A viral tiktok can give you a success with THAT specific song it doesn’t guarantee people will eventually check all your stuff. If the artist itself goes viral that’s another story...

whilst i agree with all that it still doesn't answer your original question posed in your title no? lol

how does one stand out though...

(imo if you already have the digitals and brand name then by default you've already stood out no?)

• other than that might combination of random chart and non-chart things that might draw in non-fans' attention:

- break some global spotify or youtube records

- some government recognition like what bts, bp, twice, etc. have

- non-chart important impact/roles: like love yourself campaign and presidential envoy for bts and un climate change advocate for bp

- song/s that has gdp or economic impact

- selling out stuff just because of being the ambassador of some brand

• I dont think the girl groups are selling super well at all. Only 2ggs left that can sell more than 500k and 1 gg that can sell more than 1M.

Compared to the growth bgs had thats nt very impressive.

What changed? Bgs not doing well in digitals and ggs not selling as much

• "most groups are selling well nowadays" --> That is simply not the case, so the whole premise of this thread is incorrect.

According to data collected by @halfdavid, in 2020 and 2021, only four girl groups have achieved Gaon sales of 250,000 or more for an individual release: Blackpink, Twice, Iz*One, and Itzy.

That's four out of dozens of girl groups out there, so it's certainly not "most".

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!