[BTS CONTENT] My Unpopular Opinion(?): Ed Sheeran needs to leave BTS alone musically now

• I have no ill feelings towards Ed and in fact, I am sitting here typing to Bad Habits, but just like with Steve Aoki, it's time to hajima. Make It Right and Permission To Dance should be the only songs he gifts to BTS/BigHit moving forward. I just feel working with the same artists two times is enough. With Steve Aoki, Mic Drop and The Truth Untold were at least fan favorites, meanwhile, Make It Right and Permission To Dance have received mixed reactions with ARMY. We just need to see new creative faces for their English songs until RM/Suga/J-Hope becomes confident in making their own English songs.

What are your thoughts AKP ARMY? *imagining ARMY taglist here*

• I agree. First, because I'm not really into Ed Sheeran songs and his style is not my cup of tea. Also, the songs he gifts BTS are far from being one of their top tier for me to waiting him to keep collaborating with the group. I like Make It Right, but I think It's the weakest song on Persona. And about Permisson to Dance, I don't even like it, especially compared to Butter and Dynamite.

I'm here to support the path they chose to release english songs, but I would really appreciate If It was with producers and writers that do justice to their talent as vocalists and rappers.

• I love Permission To Dance but Make It Right has never been my fave. That said, BTS seem to love his songs so if it makes them happy, then they should keep doing it. I can always hit the skip button if I need to.

• I don't think they will have a new collab with him soon anyway. A new collab with him will not have any suprising effect anymore. Personaly, I would not mind a collab song with a few BTS members that would be in an album of his? I remember he talked about the fact he was not singing in neither PTD nor Make it right and that it could be nice to do a collab one day where he would be singing with them (IIRC).

I like both PTD and Make it right but it's true these songs are very dividing among the fandom.

The title is maybe a bit harsh to poor Ed LOL, I doubt he forced BTS to collab with him ^^

• I agree. Not a fan of Ed Sheeran's music in general but his style doesn't really suit BTS. Make it right was my least favorite song in Persona and while PTD is cute, it was no surprise to me that it didn't hold well to Butter. I wouldn't mind if they were to collab with Steve Aoki again tho :pepe-smug: .

• How is this unpopular ^^

I'm in the minority here but i like make it right which is why i was disappointed with permission to dance. Ptd is terrible and that's an understatement

• Never been a fan of Ed Sheeran and not a fan of the two songs he has given BTS. The spoilers released for My Universe sound like this is definitely a top tier Coldplay song. And the vocals done by Chris Martin and members of BTS are really fantastic together.

• That depends on the company. For over a year now, Bighit keeps finding Western composers and producers for their big release. Ed is a safe bet at least so I don’t see why it is a negative thing. I don’t think Bighit wants to release a in-house production for BTS big release anymore, it is too risky.

• I didn't like MIR and I hate PTD so I agree.

I think the boys themselves could release a much much much better songs that what ES gave them.

I hope they will release a single that they wrote and produce themselves soon.

• it's bts/hybes fault for accepting such lackluster music from him

Like... if you have a stable of good producers at your fingertips, as well as the possibility to work with any producer you probably wanted to and you pick Ed Sheeran TWICE, that's a you problem

• I'm fine with them working with him again if they want. I really liked MIR(the original not the remix with Lauv) Jimin's "Baby I" was a thing of beauty. I also like PTD. I'm glad he gave them that and not Bad Habits...

Tell'em Bangtan is dancing on the floorImage result for bts dancing gif fire

• it's bts/hybes fault for accepting such lackluster music from him

I don't think that's the issue, imo his style just doesn't fit bts. I love ed and having said that; out of his entire discography i cannot think of any song that would work well with bts, in fact the best one was make it right. Ignoring terrible vocal processing, permission to dance sounds like a children song and i don't understand why did they make that choice, especially if they want to be taken seriously in the us

• I don't think that's the issue, imo his style just doesn't fit bts. I love ed and having said that; out of his entire discography i cannot think of any song that would work well with bts, in fact the best one was make it right. Ignoring terrible vocal processing, permission to dance sounds like a children song and i don't understand why did they make that choice, especially if they want to be taken seriously in the us

children song.. :-D

PTD remind me of a watered down High school musical number. I mean if they going to go that vein, they should have make it more like Glee.

I agree. Ed Sheeran get shat on a lot by critics and pop fans for writing the most generic pop music, but he has some good numbers like the A team and Give me love. Frankly speaking, I think he gave bts his bottom barrel songs. Those two songs sound like he dump most of his songs in a machine, stripped of anything catchy and kept all the generic parts.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!