How is life for you guys so far ?

• With the pandemic and fire strating in different areas of the globe, was life gentle for you this days?

For me my country is burning left and right and the fire killing people and we're having a hard controlling the pandemic but my personal life is going doing pretty good i recently received good news from a University i applied to even though it means I'll have to restart my studies from a to z but i don't mind

• Congrats if that Uni is what you wanted!

Pandemic wise? UK is doing quite well. we have like 70 percent vaccinated and everything is open now.

And cases whilst going up, hospitalization and death are going down a lot, so that's a plus.

No fires tho, but this is the UK, we have rain pretty much 350 days out of 365.

• It’s chaos here in my state with most in lockdown, not where I live but I don’t think it will be long. It’s utterly ridiculous with cases exploding and so called leaders incompetent. My life in general is okay though. Can’t complain!

• I'm privileged to say that my life has been A-okay lately. I'm thankful, its been very peaceful. But there have been some things making me anxious and giving me a headache, I also realized that I should probably say no to some things because of an experience I've been having lately. Overall pretty okay though.

Congrats on the good news OP, and I hope your country's situation improves.

I had to learn it the hard way that the word No can bring so much inner peace , saying no is a habit you need to get used to and once you do it going to be pretty easy to use it , be strong and be too hard on yourself :pepelove1:

• I'm happy for you things were pretty bad in the UK at the beginning of the pandemic I'm glad your country was able to control the contamination

• I was able to keep working but now it's kind of iffy because I've been pissing off my supervisor so now this winter he's replacing me an already experience Zamboni driver with a new worker who was working with me all summer who has no experience :/ And me pissing him off was me not listening to his orders and to why that was, was because he was put as head supervisor of us workers ordering things in unrealistic situations that he knew nothing about over someone (me) has 8 years experience in I guess I should just shut up and do what I'm told and if anything goes wrong just blame my supervisor

Sorry for the rant I'm doing better now I just have no drive or pride or the love for my job anymore since having him become my "boss" honestly don't even understand how a building manager becomes the boss in the first place :/

Oh and the province is fully opened and since opening cases having been going up but with no deaths

• I was able to keep working but now it's kind of iffy because I've been pissing off my supervisor so now this winter he's replacing me an already experience Zamboni driver with a new worker who was working with me all summer who has no experience :/ And me pissing him off was me not listening to his orders and to why that was, was because he was put as head supervisor of us workers ordering things in unrealistic situations that he knew nothing about over someone (me) has 8 years experience in I guess I should just shut up and do what I'm told and if anything goes wrong just blame my supervisor

Sorry for the rant I'm doing better now I just have no drive or pride or the love for my job anymore since having him become my "boss" honestly don't even understand how a building manager becomes the boss in the first place :/

Oh and the province is fully opened and since opening cases having been going up but with no deaths

No i understand you, supervisors in general don't like someone with personality they like someone who's like a robot and sucks their dick all the time

whose your sig?

• (tear)rible.

I am going into in my 2nd year of middle school in 3 days, going back on campus because last year was online. However only 30% of teens my age are vaccinated in my country and it sucks. ppl are also getting delta left and right. When I came home from my summer vacation we got a phone call saying there was a wildfire on the other side of our neighborhood and we were told we could've lost our home. I don't wanna give away my home state, but the state we live in is prone to wildfires / earthquakes.

Not to mention I am socially awkward as hell so school will be very hard for me. I had a few friends in my old school and I hope they are in my classes.

Other than that my life is ok, I am in my room 24/7 with my laptop.

• With the pandemic and fire strating in different areas of the globe, was life gentle for you this days?

For me my country is burning left and right and the fire killing people and we're having a hard controlling the pandemic but my personal life is going doing pretty good i recently received good news from a University i applied to even though it means I'll have to restart my studies from a to z but i don't mind

I am doing alright

what about you!

• Middle school isnt that bad

it was very fun for me!

and i dont go back to school until August or september, i cant remember

if you dont mind me asking, which country are you from?

what is school like there?

• I understand you similar things are happening in my country as well.

I remember middle school was really bad for me, i was really awkward and had low self-esteem but that experience helped me build my self up to become the personal I'm today.

A small advice for me to you , look for a friend who sharee similar personality as you and who also has the same views and perspectives, i learned that having one friends who's like me is better than having friends who i share few things with them also don't get close to people over shallow interests

• Algeria ( not very known country ) it's in North Africa , climate change affected us the most

ik Algeria!

i cant imagine what you guys have to go through!
    i also think African culture is very exquisite and delicate!

and when i learned about the history

i was in love

but what America did to your People was just disgusting

i live in america and i can say for 100% certian that America has the most disturbing and most disgusting history!

id love to learn more about Algeria one day!
    i wish i could send some money to help out the cause </3

nana18 i looked up some pics of Algeria

and OMG

the beaches are beautiful!
    the landscape!
    i even saw some sort of stuffed peppers that looked delicious!

And i saw many beautiful structures that i bet is full of history! :omgr:

• Middle school isnt that bad

it was very fun for me!

and i dont go back to school until August or september, i cant remember

if you dont mind me asking, which country are you from?

what is school like there?

I am from here:

pasted-from-clipboard.jpg

It depends on the state but schools are pretty hard in my city education wise, but I have some friends from back in elementary school.

• America didn't do anything to us it's France that and they did the worst thing any county could do they invaded us in 1830 and they stayed in my country for more than century and they killed over 1.5 million fighter ( in my country we call them moudjahid they're usually civilians who became soldiers to fight against Frances) but of course that was the official recorded number the number of death is estimated to be much higher than that, France used all sorts of ways and weapon against a country who had nothing but stick and stones , they wanted to take my country and ease our identity, and for a very long time Algeria used to be referred to as the French Algeria.

Also when France knew that they lost the war they did in the Algerian desert an nuclear test , that test took the name Gerboise Bleue, with it France became the fourth nuclear power, after the United States, the USSR and the United Kingdom. This test remains, in 2020, the most powerful first nuclear test.

And this are some images of my country

images (5) - 2021-08-14T121422.803.jpegimages (5) - 2021-08-14T121343.234.jpeg

images (5) - 2021-08-14T121637.219.jpeg

images (5) - 2021-08-14T121630.199.jpegimages (5) - 2021-08-14T121602.073.jpegimages (5) - 2021-08-14T121442.404.jpeg

Snow, mountain, beach, desert... We have them all, Algeria is a very diverse country wether it's with it people or it nature

• Im so soryy about that! (damn you france!)

But wow! Nuclear power! i didnt know that!

thank you for correcting my mistake on the knowledge <3

and YOUR COUNTRY IS SO BEAUTIFUL!

• Congratulations on Uni Op!! < 3

Life is a struggle right now if I’m being honest. I’ve been feeling a bit anxious due to past experiences, which I haven’t fully healed from yet. It’s difficult, but im staying as optimistic as I possibly can!!💖

・❥・🖤🤍~A wish your heart makes~🤍🖤・❥

♥︎♥︎

• Big congratulations OP.

My country is managing COVID horribly. The Delta variant kills 1 person every 2 minutes, and I don't even trust the official numbers. The vaccination process is going way too slow for our own good and decent vaccine brands like Pfizer don't even exist here in the first place. So far, it sucks. Not just with COVID, but everything is getting worse. Be it economy or our flopping electricity system, with multiple hours of power-cut daily. The more years go by the more I realize I hate my life in here, and if I get in a foreign university which I am applying for this autumn, I will be given the world <3

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Awesome!

what are the temps like in ur country when its dark out?

you are on the northern hemisphere

but a bit closer to the equator so i assume its a bit hotter, but colder nights

It depends were you live really like i said Algeria is big with a diverse climate like for example right now where i live it's 26°c (78°f ) and other parts it's either wormer or colder and by the way right now it's the night

• It depends were you live really like i said Algeria is big with a diverse climate like for example right now where i live it's 26°c (78°f ) and other parts it's either wormer or colder and by the way right now it's the night

Thats really awesome!

i wish i couldve learned the C scale :angryr:

i domnt understand all that mesurement stuff

and for u rn it is 2:04am my friend

u should be in bed lmao :pepelove1:

• This thread contains 11 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!