when will knetizens realize they are no longer mnet's target audience?

• this pann post just made me think

mnet obviously wants an international audience. izone made so much money in jpn, prob more than they made in korea. enhypen is not rlly that hyped in korea, but they are making huge waves in SEA and jpn and selling huge bc of their internationall fanbase. girls 999 planet is not targeted at the korean public. ive come to realize they knew koreans would hate that they had chinese and japanese girls on there. but the people who like these shows are still going to watch it and ifans are still going to support it financially. wake up!

• I don't think korea company target is not Korea when u see them promote there, the release time, the content they drop for Korra alone

But they know the GP just don't care so they take advantage of the other markets that do care but Korea is always a important segment for them

• well at the end of the day the only thing that matters is $$$$ or ¥¥¥¥¥ or ₩₩₩₩₩

huh just learnt that the Yen symbol and Yuan symbol are the same...you learn something new everyday...

• Pretty sure knetz know but that’s the current state of kpop in Korea now. Korean companies going the extra mile for foreign trainees and members in every group for foreign currency.

• I think they do already know. I think we all know

Pretty sure knetz know but that’s the current state of kpop in Korea now. Korean companies going the extra mile for foreign trainees and members in every group for foreign currency.

i mean, it doesnt look like they know based on the comments in that pann article lol. thats the point. they're acting like mnet cares that they don't like japanese and chinese girls being involved

I don't think korea company target is not Korea when u see them promote there, the release time, the content they drop for Korra alone

But they know the GP just don't care so they take advantage of the other markets that do care but Korea is always a important segment for them

just bc they're doing korean releases doesnt mean they're catering to korea? there are a LOT of groups doing concepts that koreans don't fck with. but theyre popular with ifans and thats who pays the bills. its all about money lol.

• Well how’s the reception in China and Japan for this show? This show hasn’t been trending in Japan Twitter, popular forum communities or YouTube. So… How can you determine they don’t need Korea if Japan doesn’t care for them lol.

Also, Korea is still their target. The release times and heavy promotions they do. At the end of day every act wants to do well domestically. And with COVID restrictions still going on in certain countries there’s so much this group can do outside of Korea.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Well how’s the reception in China and Japan for this show? This show hasn’t been trending in Japan Twitter, popular forum communities or YouTube. So… How can you determine they don’t need Korea if Japan doesn’t care for them lol.

Also, Korea is still their target. The release times and heavy promotions they do. At the end of day every act wants to do well domestically. And with COVID restrictions still going on in certain countries there’s so much this group can do outside of Korea.

I feel like kpoppies don’t value the group’s domestic popularity as much as they should. The boombaya stage was trending number 1 in Japan like the day before yesterday but that’s about it.

• i mean, it doesnt look like they know based on the comments in that pann article lol. thats the point. they're acting like mnet cares that they don't like japanese and chinese girls being involved

just bc they're doing korean releases doesnt mean they're catering to korea? there are a LOT of groups doing concepts that koreans don't fck with. but theyre popular with ifans and thats who pays the bills. its all about money lol.

They’ll start caring when those petitions go out, the girlies get death threats, and the group is boycotted or ignored. I get the feeling Kr companies love trolling their own people. They know Chinese idols aren’t wanted anymore among knetz and Korean idol fans and they have ongoing neverending tensions with China (guess you can throw Japan in the mix). Appealing to Korean demographics is still a must for any group’s longevity at home. Kr fans will move on when they realize they are no longer the priority and rightfully so. Nobody wants to be on the back burner and only catered to when things don’t work out with the other marketed groups of people.

i saw someone saying that the j team's boombayah perf was trending on japanese youtube for days lol. i never said they "dont need korea", i am talking about mnets intentions only. my point is that mnets is not catering to the korean audience with how this show is structured which is obvious from the backlash that they KNEW they were going to get. im not sure whats so controversial about saying this? lol. stop twisting my words.

It’s not getting mainstream attraction, but there are lots of people following from those countries

J-Group Boombayah performance trended #1 in Japan, so its notable enough there rn

It’s 50-50 with this group I think. While I’m sure they want to be big domestically, there’s a reason they got Japanese & Chinese trainees, and are promoting all 3 nationalities equally on the show. This is gonna be a much more Asian group than their past groups

Also they’ll apparently promote in China too, and considering Koreans can’t promote there, they’re gonna need as much Chinese & Japanese representation as possible, so def expecting the lineup to have at least half

• I still don’t know how the Chinese promotion is going to play out though lol Going to be so awk if they are allowed to go there and the Kr members are forced by their company to communicate in broken Chinese or English 24/7. Looking kind of tough…. :pepeshut:

• can one type the yuan symbol using keyboard and ¥...

hey I got it alt + 0165 lol

interesting...well I now know how to write the ¥ without copying and pasting lol

Oh yeah, the alt+???? shortcut comes in handy quite often, and is something that most people are unaware of.

The combinations that I use the most are alt+0233 for é and alt+0241 for ñ.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!