Do scandals affect idols as much as they used to?

• Dating I think has lost its ability to hurt a group. Look at twice, two members confirmed having dated and several rumors about others and this hasn’t really affected them significantly. Same with BP and Jennie, dated and didn’t really hurt them success wise. BTS might be affected but I don’t think enough to claim it seriously impeded their growth or success. But they haven’t been caught yet so we don’t know

• The way he handled the allegations was extremely tone-deaf.
    • He did something bad enough that warranted him being kicked right before the comeback and SKZ's first concert, causing the members stress and giving them extra work.
    • Bang Chan's vlive. It confirmed Woojin only thought about himself and not about how his repeated mistakes will affect the group.
    • Despite indirectly saying he's not friends with the group anymore, he "coincidentally" released content on the same day as SKZ on several occasions, going as far as holding some kind of event on SKZ's anniversary.

i admit to that he handled them very badly. but you can be as skeptical as you want, the JYPE announcement stated that it was due to personal circumstances and i choose to believe a company statement more than baseless rumors. he was not quote unquote "kicked out", his contract was terminated. and yes he may have done something that goes against the contract conditions, but it does not need to be bad, as everyone wants it to be.

previous day6 member junhyeok's contract was also terminated and said to be due to personal reasons. it was then revealed to because he dated before the 3-year dating ban was over.

- again, does not need to be too bad.

contracts can also be terminated due to the artist not being satisfied with the conditions of the contract.

bang chan has talked about rough topics multiple times in his vlives and it is no, not confirmed that it was indeed woojin he talked about when talking about a friend he had that repeatedly made mistakes. may i also remind you that bang chan has A LOT of friends within in industry.

i have not been following up on his content so i can't respond to the last point.

everyone is entitled to choose themselves what they want to believe, and though something may have happened, he is not blacklisted, has not been charged or sued with anything and nothing proving he actually did do something wrong has been confirmed.

• Thanks for explaining!! I hate when ignorant people talk shit and have no deep research about the situations but acts like they're speaking facts.

well i'm sorry for coming off that way, but i'm gonna have to tell you that i am not ignorant to the situation. i know very well how it all played out as i have been a stay since early 2019. i have followed his assault scandal and know very well what i am talking about. i'm not talking shit, i've never stated that i was "speaking facts", i'm stating a point in which i wanted to highlight.

though i did not write a whole essay about the whole situation, i still stand on the fact that the reasons people have for disliking him is rumors and speculations.

• well i'm sorry for coming off that way, but i'm gonna have to tell you that i am not ignorant to the situation. i know very well how it all played out as i have been a stay since early 2019. i have followed his assault scandal and know very well what i am talking about. i'm not talking shit, i've never stated that i was "speaking facts", i'm stating a point in which i wanted to highlight.

though i did not write a whole essay about the whole situation, i still stand on the fact that the reasons people have for disliking him is rumors and speculations.

Yeah I know woojin seems like to be your bias so i understand why you're taking his side. You're highlighting or giving your biased opinion? Which one? Stays had their reasons why they decided to hate wj. If he didn't leave the group all of sudden stays wouldn't doubt him. They would've tried to understand the situation and sue the person who accused wj of sexual assault. Since you're a stay you should've known this already. The way you ppl say stays threw wj under the bus right after the allegations but taking sides with hj when he got accused, isn't right. If hj was kicked out pretty sure he would've gotten blacklash like wj. Hj might've been following the rules jyp has given to him, maybe that's why they didn't kick him out? But I also don't understand how jyp works. They kicked a trainee out for his past high school controversy but kept hj. Wj tried to prove his innocence but stays still want to hate him cz theyre too ashamed to admit their mistake lol, that's why they continued to hate him. Also his sudden leave from the group has left lot of negative impact on the fans. I remember crying for him when I saw the news lol.

And day6's junhyeok was rumoured to be dating a fan who leaked lot of information about day6 and that's why junhyeok was kicked out of the group.

• dating scandals genuinely used to impact an idol's career a lot

which dating impacted a idol's career? dating never impacted a idol's career, some small part of fandom are loud online and idols might get more hate but in the end nobody lost their career over dating

Chen is a marriage not a dating and depends how they handle it, DBSK's Changmin also got married and he's fine

• Eh, there are artists out in the world who have done way worse or said worse things on records and are still doing fine. Money over scandals :wellr:

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

• Yeah I know woojin seems like to be your bias so i understand why you're taking his side. You're highlighting or giving your biased opinion? Which one? Stays had their reasons why they decided to hate wj. If he didn't leave the group all of sudden stays wouldn't doubt him. They would've tried to understand the situation and sue the person who accused wj of sexual assault. Since you're a stay you should've known this already. The way you ppl say stays threw wj under the bus right after the allegations but taking sides with hj when he got accused, isn't right. If hj was kicked out pretty sure he would've gotten blacklash like wj. Hj might've been following the rules jyp has given to him, maybe that's why they didn't kick him out? But I also don't understand how jyp works. They kicked a trainee out for his past high school controversy but kept hj.

Wj tried to prove his innocence but stays still want to hate him cz theyre too ashamed to admit their mistake lol, that's why they continued to hate him. Also his sudden leave from the group has left lot of negative impact on the fans. I remember crying for him when I saw the news lol.

And day6's junhyeok was rumoured to be dating a fan who leaked lot of information about day6 and that's why junhyeok was kicked out of the group.

woojin has never been my bias, i'm not "taking his side".

which reasons? someone suddenly leaving the group is a reason of hating someone. it's a reason for asking questions and trying to find out what happened and why it happened.

what is "you people"?? i never said stays threw him under the bus, i said everyone canceled him. i also never said anything about how people reacted to hyunjin's allegations.

i also remember crying seeing the news, and though it was hard, that was in november 2019. the negative impact it left on the fandom is long gone. half the current fandom wasn't even there at that time.

you said yourself in this post that people still hate him without any reason. being quote unquote "too ashamed too admit their mistake" is no reason for hate.

copy from my original post: "but the alleged happenings have been proved multiple times to be nonexistent and pictures provided proved to be copy, crop and phase. still after all of that nearly everyone still dislikes him without any reason."

are you seeing now how you just agreed on the same thing written by the - in your words - ignorant person who talked shit?

-----

though this is a heated topic, i will not accept personal attacks such as being called ignorant. no one went personal on you so please refrain from it yourself.

• Someone suddenly leaving the group isn't the reason why they got hated. Pretty sure everyone supported him when he left but ppl were still doubting him cz why would someone leave a group out of the blue unless they broke any rule? Or did something that would harm their group? The negative impact isn't long gone specially among old stays. Old stays hold lot of power on the new stays cz they know better and experienced lot of things than the newer ones. So if they decide to hate him the newer ones will high likely hate him too. Though he proved himself wrong but I've seen many old stays still hating on him and new stays are supporting them. And what you said about hj that he came back and promoting like nothing happened was pretty much ignorant. I'm sorry. You can't compare his case with soojin's. They're both different cases. Soojin's case is still kinda blurry and not much solved yet. Meanwhile hj met the accusers apologized to them and to the public and left over 4 months. His case was cleared in the beginning. So I don't understand what made you think that he started to promote again like nothing happened.

• back than nati are more ruthless even irl . Gd literally has all kind of petition for him petition to cut his limbs, suicide petition, even abortion (idek whf that means) and people post a poster for a plagiarism scandal during his heartbreaker era and people plaster a poster of Ctrl c + Ctrl v all over hongdae wall and power lines pole

• Eh, now that K Pop is more worldwide than ever, no one cares about "scandals" anymore unless we're actually dealing with some serious shit i.e. rape, child abuse, etc.

Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIF - Kakyoin Cherry Cherry Licking GIFs          JenniesBTCH on Twitter:       Yena and capybara - 9GAG

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!