Which of these popular 1st-3rd gen girl groups would still be just as popular if they debuted today? (or more)

• Who would hit big today? 45

1. SNSD (23) 51%
    2. Twice (21) 47%
    3. Blackpink (20) 44%
    4. Red Velvet (15) 33%
    5. F(x) (13) 29%
    6. Mamamoo (12) 27%
    7. Sistar (11) 24%
    8. 2NE1 (11) 24%
    9. Miss A (9) 20%
    10. T-ara (7) 16%
    11. AOA (7) 16%
    12. Oh My Girl (7) 16%
    13. Wonder Girls (6) 13%
    14. Apink (5) 11%
    15. 4minute (5) 11%
    16. S.E.S (4) 9%
    17. Kara (4) 9%
    18. Baby V.O.X (3) 7%
    19. GFriend (2) 4%
    20. Fin.K.L (1) 2%

Boy Group Version

I'm limited to 20 options so I had to drop some groups so it's nothing personal if I left a group out :pepelove1: Sorry Girls Day

To clarify for this question, their music, outfits, and MVs they debuted with (and released after) would be updated for modern tastes so they don't seem dated but will still be similar. They'll still keep their same vibe overall

4de0926e885d3edbf07b9234ab8f2e1b1488013b.gifv

IM NAYEON 2022.06.24

Edited once, last by th17e ().

• Baby V.O.X for sure. If they were big in China, Hong Kong, and Thailand in 2003, then they could be bigger in other countries today.

So they would be the gg to dominate the international Asian market

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• SNSD, TWICE, and T-ara songs would become viral on TikTok and fit the bright concepts coming back into style.

2NE1, Blackpink, f(x), 4Minute would hit the girl crush/bad ass popular concept now a days!

~ ω

• SNSD. They achieved their shit before the era of social media, before YouTube going super Saiyan, low album sales and hard for ifans to get music (physically or digitally).

• SNSD for sure.

They'd dominate the variety game in a very short time as the unequaled variety queens they are and thus win the hearts and minds of the Korean general public very quickly, and they'd show to be a top tier allround group, that has top vocalists, strong, versatile dance ability and strong stage presence, while effortlessly owning a wide range of diverse concepts.

Additionally, people'd notice that SNSD have ace vocalists, ace dancer(s), ace visual(s), and ace variety queen(s). In short, covering the whole range of important idol areas.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• SNSD imo, out of all popular Kpop GG I've seen, they're the most versatile in terms of concept and songs genre, so I think they would adjust well. And their visuals work just fine with current time as well.

• SNSD for sure.

They'd dominate the variety game in a very short time as the unequaled variety queens they are and thus win the hearts and minds of the Korean general public very quickly, and they'd show to be a top tier allround group, that has top vocalists, strong, versatile dance ability and strong stage presence, while effortlessly owning a wide range of diverse concepts.

Additionally, people'd notice that SNSD have ace vocalists, ace dancer(s), ace visual(s), and ace variety queen(s). In short, covering the whole range of important idol areas.

True, especially with post 2nd gen groups generally lacking in variety, they would definitely stand out for that. I wonder if that they debuted now, if they would actually change the game and bring back the importance of variety for idols :whatr: Other groups would definitely try to utilize it and compete if another group blew up in variety like that I think

All Big 3 groups will do well.

I think Sistar will do well, like they could have some sort of StayC-ish kind of start

I'm pretty sure f(x) would be a lot more popular if they debuted nowadays.

Yeah, I actually think both of these groups would do even better than before if they debuted today

• True, especially with post 2nd gen groups generally lacking in variety, they would definitely stand out for that. I wonder if that they debuted now, if they would actually change the game and bring back the importance of variety for idols :whatr: Other groups would definitely try to utilize it and compete if another group blew up in variety like that I think

True, variety talents were a really big thing in 2nd gen era and a lot of groups were pretty good at it, which made all the interactions between the various groups and members of different groups really enjoyable to watch (Invincible Youth, Star King etc :D:P ).

But sadly enough, variety as an important aspect along with cross group collaborations declined from 3rd gen hence.

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!