Will Girls Planet 999 Create The Next Nation’s GG?

• Mnet’s new girl group survival show “Girls Planet 999” is set to air in August 6, 2021.

The final lineup will consist of 9 members from the 99 trainees competing.

Since there hasn’t been a prominent 9 member girl group for 4th gen, and this formula being successful for both SNSD and Twice, do you think that a new era for a nation’s girl group is upon us? Or will Twice remain with the title for even more years to come?

• Mnet’s new girl group survival show “Girls Planet 999” is set to air in August 6, 2021.

The final lineup will consist of 9 members from the 99 trainees competing.

Since there hasn’t been a prominent 9 member girl group for 4th gen, and this formula being successful for both SNSD and Twice, do you think that a new era for a nation’s girl group is upon us? Or will Twice remain with the title for even more years to come?

No they won’t lol Reason is because the final lineup will have Chinese members and Koreans aren’t in favor of them being in their entertainment industry anymore due to a multitude of things so no, it’s only a pipe dream for some of you. Koreans are in favor of ggs with Korean members as the nation’s girl group only with Twice as the exception. It’s that simple….

It’s either Twice keeps that title for a while longer or another large girl group with Korean members swoops the gp claiming that title.

• No they won’t lol Reason is because the final lineup will have Chinese members and Koreans aren’t in favor of them being in their entertainment industry anymore due to a multitude of things so no, it’s only a pipe dream for some of you. Koreans are in favor of ggs with Korean members as the nation’s girl group only with Twice as the exception. It’s that simple….

It’s either Twice keeps that title for a while longer or another large girl group with Korean members swoops the gp claiming that title.

For sure you don't miss an occasion to remind us how Koreans hate Chinese idols because *pOliTicS*. You sound like they're about to hang 'em all high. Or maybe that's just your inner self speaking, I don't know.

Anyway it's irrelevant. The final line-up will certainly be decided by a vote so unpopular members, Chinese or otherwise, won't be added in.

• It’s still a very honorary title to have. Being the Nation’s Representative Girl Group is a huge title. Why downplay it? :/

Not downplaying it, just that the company doesn't even care for that, why should we? Mnet doesn't care about that title, what they care about is making money. Making as much as possible in 2.5 years. If they cared, they wouldn't make this show international with international voting, and only a temp group.

• For sure you don't miss an occasion to remind us how Koreans hate Chinese idols because *pOliTicS*. You sound like they're about to hang 'em all high. Or maybe that's just your inner self speaking, I don't know.

Anyway it's irrelevant. The final line-up will certainly be decided by a vote so unpopular members, Chinese or otherwise, won't be added in.

Lol you sure are mad for some odd reason. It’s not even my inner self speaking, it’s the truth among many online Koreans. If you go to Korean forums and watch certain youtube channels, you’ll get part of the picture. MAJORITY don’t want Chinese idols anymore. I don’t know why you’re offended by me saying that. Politics is just the tip of the iceberg. I simply gave a reason to why the group wouldn’t be Korea’s nation gg and you got triggered. It’s legitimately one of the reasons. Pipe down and don’t take things too seriously :siptear:

• I think them being a temp group and Mnet having such a bad reputation will hold them back from achieving nations girl group title. That’s why I.O.I and IZ*ONE never got that title, they’ll still be successful though regardless. But whether it’s a IZ*ONE or Fromis 9 type success remains to be seen.

I honestly think nations girl group is a thing of the past as going global is the new trend nowadays and it’s clear with the equal addition of Chinese and Japanese members that’s what Mnet wants

• Lol you sure are mad for some odd reason. It’s not even my inner self speaking, it’s the truth among many online Koreans. If you go to Korean forums and watch certain youtube channels, you’ll get part of the picture. MAJORITY don’t want Chinese idols anymore. I don’t know why you’re offended by me saying that. Politics is just the tip of the iceberg. I simply gave a reason to why the group wouldn’t be Korea’s nation gg and you got triggered. It’s legitimately one of the reasons. Pipe down and don’t take things too seriously

lol at the classic "triggered" card. I'm not triggered, I've only noticed through different threads that it's something you seem very keen to point out at every chance you get. As though you were personally enjoying the fact Chinese idols get hated on by some. That's all. Now if it's not the case, fair enough. I don't really care about this new Mnet group that doesn't even exist yet anyway.

• lol at the classic "triggered" card. I'm not triggered, I've only noticed through different threads that it's something you seem very keen to point out at every chance you get. As though you were personally enjoying the fact Chinese idols get hated on by some. That's all. Now if it's not the case, fair enough. I don't really care about this new Mnet group that doesn't even exist yet anyway.

It seems like there's a few users who lurk around here and constantly post hate on the Chinese every chance they get and it's usually from accounts that are newly created.

Anyways, I have lots of family in SK, and though the general sentiment on China is poor in SK (especially men), for actual kpop fans, fans who actually spend money on kpop, I don't hear much hate there. Most of my family and their friends over there are big Aespa, NCT, gidle fans. All those groups have Chinese/Foreign members, and they love them and spend a ton of money on them. Though it's a small sample size, but it does show that it's not as bad as what some of these haters are saying.

• It seems like there's a few users who lurk around here and constantly post hate on the Chinese every chance they get and it's usually from accounts that are newly created.

Anyways, I have lots of family in SK, and though the general sentiment on China is poor in SK (especially men), for actual kpop fans, fans who actually spend money on kpop, I don't hear much hate there. Most of my family and their friends over there are big Aespa, NCT, gidle fans. All those groups have Chinese/Foreign members, and they love them and spend a ton of money on them. Though it's a small sample size, but it does show that it's not as bad as what some of these haters are saying.

Very true. I often forget aespa has foreign members but it's quite rich indeed to insist Korean people are fed up with Chinese idols right when Next Level becomes the biggest gg song of the year. I think the problem lies in the belief that Korean forums like Pann are a good measure of what the Korean gp think or like. I'm not super familiar with Pann and such but they seem to me like echo chambers filled with drama hungry jerks who are mostly interested in ranting and acting offended.

• Very true. I often forget aespa has foreign members but it's quite rich indeed to insist Korean people are fed up with Chinese idols right when Next Level becomes the biggest gg song of the year. I think the problem lies in the belief that Korean forums like Pann are a good measure of what the Korean gp think or like. I'm not super familiar with Pann and such but they seem to me like echo chambers filled with drama hungry jerks who are mostly interested in ranting and acting offended.

ya, I'm not familiar those forums either, but I'd rather trust ppl that I know there who spends a lot of money on kpop than a bunch of keyboard warriors.

• I know it’s a joke but how can you know that if it hasn’t even started yet?

the show hasn’t even started... :-(

Honestly, i'm boycotting the entire thing after what happened with Izone. So i dont know anything about the group or trainees. I just know there will never be a Produce group that will ever come close to matching what Izone offered. X(

• No they won’t lol Reason is because the final lineup will have Chinese members and Koreans aren’t in favor of them being in their entertainment industry anymore due to a multitude of things so no, it’s only a pipe dream for some of you. Koreans are in favor of ggs with Korean members as the nation’s girl group only with Twice as the exception. It’s that simple….

Aight y’all gonna have to let go of this Ifan made lie in 2021

1) People like you swore up & down Twice couldn’t be NGG because they had Japanese & Taiwanese members, that NGG can only be Korean, yet they became it

2) If Twice, the latest NGG, can do it, what makes you think a GG after then can’t? The fact that a GG can have a prominent title like that despite not having the “traditional” mindset of what it takes to have that title is pretty progressive, and progress doesn’t go back…. That’s why it’s called progress

3) People already talking about AESPA being a potential NGG in the future. If that happens, then your no Chinese members for NGG argument is null because NingNing exist

4) Online Knetz =/= The Korean general public. Some of them talk shit about foreigners all the time, yet many still love them. Back then they hated Korean-Americans, yet many prospered in Kpop and…. SNSD, a group with 2 Korean-American members became NGG

Overall Koreans are gonna give the title to who they want to give it to, there’s no weird trivial system for how one becomes one such nationality. Please don’t repeat stupid lies like this

Edited 2 times, last by Lubby00 ().

• After all MNet's scandals definitely no. Look at the recent I-LAND, it flopped, even BigHit couldn't help them.

No it didn’t. Enhyphen are one of the best selling idol groups right now, you think they’d get that with idk Boys24 like ratings?

Y’all gonna have to realize not having P101ish ratings doesn’t equate to flopping

• lol hell's no. They don't have 1/100th of the talent, visuals and personality of Izone and Izone was never called the NGG.

How would you know that when the show didn’t even start, let alone a final lineup get revealed?

Y’all just get on this site & lie for no reason just for the sake of being the one with the edgy alternative mindset lmfao

Edit: And considering Youth with You & Produce Camp girls are gonna be on this show, which have lots of extreme talent amongst them like Roada Xu’s power vocals 8 Su Ruiqi’s all rounder skills…. A portion of the trainees from those shows alone tend to beat out the final groups that tend to come out of Korean survival shows

Edited 2 times, last by Lubby00 ().

• It seems like there's a few users who lurk around here and constantly post hate on the Chinese every chance they get and it's usually from accounts that are newly created.

Tell that to Everglow who can't seem to find success in Korea because of the fact that they're managed by a Chinese company. Korean fans care.

• It's definitely not the main reason for Everglow 's moderate success.

Perhaps not the main reason but the sentiment is certainly there. Even on their debut articles Koreans were writing them off just for having Chinese members/being a Chinese company. Those people didn't give them a chance from the start.

• Tell that to Everglow who can't seem to find success in Korea because of the fact that they're managed by a Chinese company. Korean fans care.

I don’t think that’s the reason. Especially when Yuehua trainees generally always make it far on Produce, Yena & Seungyoun making the final lineups

• While everyone is here vote for cutie variety princess Huening Bahiyyih! :*

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Tell that to Everglow who can't seem to find success in Korea because of the fact that they're managed by a Chinese company. Korean fans care.

Woodz is from the same company and seems to be doing pretty well though. Most kpop groups will fail or have very moderate success, unless they debut under a big company.

Like I said, small sample size, but my family and their friends there don't care. The fact that those groups are doing well there tells me that they are not the only ones in SK who feels that way.

• 1. I wasn’t one of the ones who bet on Twice not being the nation’s gg because of the foreign members though lol

2. I never said another gg after Twice wasn’t going to be the nation’s gg…..it’s just that this group probably isn’t it. You’re putting words into my mouth at this point.

3. If Aespa is the ngg, then so be it but there’s caution to be aware of due to ningning’s nationality in the future and not her as a person per say.

4. Obviously, online Korean opinions doesn’t equal the gp which is why I didn’t blatantly say that ALL Koreans aren’t tolerate of the Chinese kpop idols anymore, but there are a vast amount of them not in favor of them. You can’t compare Koreans being tolerant over time of Korean American kpop idols aka gyopos to Chinese kpop idols lmfao There are two different things to unpack here. Koreans don’t see China as their ally nor any of its people supporting the ccp which majority of Chinese kpop idols go on to do which ORIGINALLY sparked the distain for them to begin with. If we’re being honest here, it goes farther back to the ex exo China line and that whole fiasco with SM. That’s where the prejudice began (thought of as not trustworthy and back stabbers) and then the ccp got involved years later adding fuel to the fire. Now, China and Korea are in online disputes over each other’s culture with mainly China claiming things of Korean origin.

• 1. I wasn’t one of the ones who bet on Twice not being the nation’s gg because of the foreign members though lol

2. I never said another gg after Twice wasn’t going to be the nation’s gg…..it’s just that this group probably isn’t it. You’re putting words into my mouth at this point.

3. If Aespa is the ngg, then so be it but there’s caution to be aware of due to ningning’s nationality in the future and not her as a person per say.

4. Obviously, online Korean opinions doesn’t equal the gp which is why I didn’t blatantly say that ALL Koreans aren’t tolerate of the Chinese kpop idols anymore, but there are a vast amount of them not in favor of them. You can’t compare Koreans being tolerant over time of Korean American kpop idols aka gyopos to Chinese kpop idols lmfao There are two different things to unpack here. Koreans don’t see China as their ally nor any of its people supporting the ccp which majority of Chinese kpop idols go on to do which ORIGINALLY sparked the distain for them to begin with. If we’re being honest here, it goes farther back to the ex exo China line and that whole fiasco with SM. That’s where the prejudice began (thought of as not trustworthy and back stabbers) and then the ccp got involved years later adding fuel to the fire. Now, China and Korea are in online disputes over each other’s culture with mainly China claiming things of Korean origin.

And you wonder why everglow is down bad struggling in Korea. Use them as an example.

1. Yiren is Chinese

2. She supported the ccp and xinjiang

3. Yuehua is originally a Chinese company

4. The ccp got involved with everglow after they performed for the Korean military.

Now, connect the dots. :pepe-tea:

• And you wonder why everglow is down bad struggling in Korea. Use them as an example.

1. Yiren is Chinese

2. She supported the ccp and xinjiang

3. Yuehua is originally a Chinese company

4. The ccp got involved with everglow after they performed for the Korean military.

Now, connect the dots. :pepe-tea:

yeonderella

REPLYPREVIEW