Would you still stan your bias if you found out they were alt-right?

• Would you still stan your bias if you found out they were alt-right? 26

1. Yes (6) 23%
    2. No (20) 77%

If it was revealed they were ilbe users, believed in borders, language, culture and thought women belong in the kitchen or bedroom. Or they thought women should only marry men.

• Yes as long as they don't impose their views or try to mix music with politics (btw I appreciate the fact that kpop tries to stay away from politics as much as possible). It's not like those celebrities are friends or relatives so if they keep doing their job without trying to promote some political agenda, I don't mind.

• Can someone tell me what alt-right is ? :|:|:|

Pretty much someone who’s anti-progressive and is an extremist conservative. Many of them have racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-Semitic, and other toxic ideologies

• Hmm… Korea is still very conservative. So the chances are high that many of us are already stanning someone alt-right.

i’d say not necessarily. Alt-right ideology typically comes from immigration/liberal policies, which creates backlash from those in the majority of a changing country etc.

This isn’t really happening in SK. There still a relative ethnic homogeneous country and don’t see the change demographics/immigration that you see in the US or some European countries that take in refugees. Not to mention the country is still heavily conservative. To me there needs to be changing culture/more liberal gains in society before alt-right ideology can become popular.

There’s no reason to become extreme in right ideology (like what we’re seeing in the US) if conservative principles are winning already (like in SK)

• Can someone tell me what alt-right is ? :|:|:|

Pretty much someone who’s anti-progressive and is an extremist conservative. Many of them have racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti-Semitic, and other toxic ideologies

Yep, basically this.

It's very much extremely intolerant and extremely rigid in conservative, often outdated beliefs and ideals.

Even more saddening to realise that in the US currently an entire political faction is fully embracing it and diving head over heels into it :pepe-peek:

'No more shall man have wings to bear him to paradise. Henceforth, he shall walk.'

SWJ1P.gif

• External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Desbundar

• i’d say not necessarily. Alt-right ideology typically comes from immigration/liberal policies, which creates backlash from those in the majority of a changing country etc.

This isn’t really happening in SK. There still a relative ethnic homogeneous country and don’t see the change demographics/immigration that you see in the US or some European countries that take in refugees. Not to mention the country is still heavily conservative. To me there needs to be changing culture/more liberal gains in society before alt-right ideology can become popular.

There’s no reason to become extreme in right ideology (like what we’re seeing in the US) if conservative principles are winning already (like in SK)

Yeah your right.

But there are still extreme conservatives and bigots in Korea. So there is a high chance we might already stan someone who wouldn’t accept a whole group of people. Or wouldn’t really respect them.

• I think I'm kind of an outsider in K-pop because I am a conservative, not alt-right however. I'm also a Christian, though I don't support hatred, oppression, anything of the sort. I wouldn't stan an idol who openly does. In a way I appreciate that K-pop artists are obligated to keep their political beliefs to themselves, however this is also not a great thing because some of us are probably already stanning groups with questionable idols.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!