WHY IS JENNIE CONSIDERED KOREAN AND ROSÉ A FOREIGNER...

• well reading the link above it seems like the only dual citizens would be those born in foreign countries, koreans born in korea and naturalized in foreign country cannot have dual citizenship until 65 years old

You are correct. You get Dual citizenship if your father is Korean citizen and you are born in another country.

But not if you are born in Korea. It's all explained there quite nicely.

• Its a well-known fact that Rosé was born and raised abroad. She lived there half her life. Her being born in NZ and raised in Australia is always attached to her wherever she go that people consider her as a foreigner.

Meanwhile, Jennie only stayed in NZ for a few years to study. She was born and raised in SK. So she is still considered a korean.

• That’s interesting. So Rose has dual citizenship? I’m always annoyed with dual citizenship because Malaysia prohibits that. Otherwise I’ll be American and Malaysian lol.

I'm not sure whether Rosé has dual but it's the same for China that they don't allow dual and thus it's a bitch having to jump through hoops to go back to visit relatives and such

• Rose is very much an english speaker though then learned korean, where Jennie is Korean to english, and overtime even Jennies english has started to slip compared to when she first debuted.

• To add to what I said earlier, it's interesting to see how Rosé is treated by Korean TV hosts. They are much surprised that she prefers Korean food to western food. They treat her as if she's a foreigner. Many western-born, western-raised folks of Asian descent can relate to this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Suppose it comes down to the nuances. Rosé does apparently still struggles with Korean conversation a bit and there are probably other differences ppl picked up on.

Jessica, Nicole and Tiffany were like that too. Even Krystal, who'd been in Korea since she was 6, preferred to be called Soojung and primarily spoke Korean, is still seen as a foreigner.

• To add to what I said earlier, it's interesting to see how Rosé is treated by Korean TV hosts. They are much surprised that she prefers Korean food to western food. They treat her as if she's a foreigner. Many western-born, western-raised folks of Asian descent can relate to this.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

well, she was born in a foreign country and her pronunciation is not that of a local. It's what got her booted on KOMS.

• Chaittra

Changed the title of the thread from “WHY IS JENNIE CONSIDERED KOREAN AND ROSÈ A FOREIGNER...” to “WHY IS JENNIE CONSIDERED KOREAN AND ROSÉ A FOREIGNER...”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!