JYP is doing the exact opposite to SM xx

• Has anyone picked up on it? It's the total opposite. Sm debuted Aespa and have been building up to an album release with each comeback, building up a fanbase. JYP is doing the exact opposite by advertising a album first (blind package) then debuting this new girl group in February :eek: It will be both groups first album release xx

Who do you think has the better strategy :oops:

• Official Post

The blind package is extremely risky. I assume this teaser we're supposed to be getting soon will give some hints about musical direction cause what you buy it and then it's like a trot gg (jk but still). If the single ends up falling flat or not being what's expected then it could end up getting the group hate. :(

• Idk. JYP's plan is seem to build hype, build hype & build hype. I wish it good luck.

This SM vs. JYP thing is getting weird now tbh. Let's make fun of each other once in a while but it's enough for now, I don't like things getting back to MYs eventually

• where did this info about album came from?

as far as I saw they will reveal something in 16th July?

so why saying "no content" etc?

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Idk. JYP's plan is seem to build hype, build hype & build hype. I wish it good luck.

This SM vs. JYP thing is getting weird now tbh. Let's make fun of each other once in a while but it's enough for now, I don't like things getting back to MYs eventually

I agree. Now everything is done bc of the competition fans created in their heads... totally mind-blowing....

About JYPE strategy that doesn't have a relation to SME strategy.

JYPE is doing a risk move with this whole blind thing, buuut it can turn good as JYPE gg are liked since forever and they release bops.

• where did this info about album came from?

as far as I saw they will reveal something in 16th July?

so why saying "no content" etc?

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    xx

Edit: unless CD isn't a album but something else :confused:

• External Content twitter.com
    xx

ok but that's some foreign source

didn't saw anything about that on Naver or Koreans commenting about it, and I'm sure they would if the "format" of release would be really like that

xx

Lets not :pepeshut: Kkkkk if it's a CD it must be an album. Like, it's an album right? Kkkkk

• ok but that's some foreign source

didn't saw anything about that on Naver or Koreans commenting about it, and I'm sure they would if the "format" of release would be really like that

It's on all social media news and YouTube :confused: They're don't get their sources wrong xx

• ok but that's some foreign source

All the korean media sources reported the same, I saw it on twitter before pop grave posted

It's said to include photocards,polaroids, etc so like the usual kpop album

• Oh. Tbh I'm sure their album will be this year. SME would be suuuuper dumb if they didn't take this opportunity that NL gave them.

Sm are up to something. They just released SMCU the origin yesterday that's getting a lot of attention in Korea especially.

The photographer for next level teaser pictures also posted this on their instagram story :P

We just don't know what or when they'll release it :oops:

It's on all social media news and YouTube :confused: They're don't get their sources wrong xx

ok yeah I've checked translation from naver article in two different places, and you are right

still this will be limited version of single/mini album and will be send in february so it ain't really
    "blind" or "blank" idea...

I would rather say it's genious because it's like keeping your pre-order safe

and later in december/january you will step by step learn about this new group, knowing that you already have album "saved"...

it's a bit like currently popular song pre-save on streaming apps when sometimes you can pre-save song 2 weeks before premiere without knowing what the song will be about and what style it will have.

Same way like people trust their beloved artist there, here they will trust company which created iconic girl groups that this one will also be amazing.

• I didn't know about the smcu, i will watch it later!!!

And yeees. I'm super interested to see what Aespa will bring to the table. I'm almost a stan tbh. I love love BM and NL. I hope their music keep the quality!

About their album: i think September will be a perfect time to release it!

• It's a interesting almost smart marketing move but jyp is relying on stans that know nothing about this group which could backfire :oops: I think they will release teasers soon maybe next week hopefully xx

• I didn't know about the smcu, i will watch it later!!!

And yeees. I'm super interested to see what Aespa will bring to the table. I'm almost a stan tbh. I love love BM and NL. I hope their music keep the quality!

About their album: i think September will be a perfect time to release it!

Snsd is rumoured to make a return in September and Red velvet comeback is soon so I don't think sm will want Aespa first album to clash but it is sm they don't usually care about that :(

• It's a interesting almost smart marketing move but jyp is relying on stans that know nothing about this group which could backfire :oops: I think they will release teasers soon maybe next week hopefully xx

yes but this is limited edition, I think this is keyword here

this means the normal edition will be also printed and released in same time in February :)

• Yes that's right O_o I just hope we get teasers soon :P I've read some rumors that this might be the American kpop group jyp spoke about before :oops:

rather than teasers in terms of photos or pro video clips on some set

I would like to see a mini-documentary how the team was formed

at least something like we got with STAYC parts in 'KPOP Evolution' documentary on Youtube Originals

but I guess yeah some concept photos with members will probably be more appealing to 99% of society

• I've also seen a survival show rumour too which could lead unto their debut and jyp do love their survival shows :D

• Snsd is rumoured to make a return in September and Red velvet comeback is soon so I don't think sm will want Aespa first album to clash but it is sm they don't usually care about that :(

SNSD will cb? Yeeeees!!

Well, looking at this then I can see Aespa album being early next year. But let's see, SME planning well could bring us joy and give us the album still this year!!

• I've also seen a survival show rumour too which could lead unto their debut and jyp do love their survival shows :D

yeah but this would mean that some people will be eliminated...

unless... they will now take preorders for limited edition, and print it in December already knowing the final line up lol

but honestly knowing JYP I think that debut song must be perfected and trained for a long time, and they also need to first record it in the studio, then learn choreo etc.

also, remember how Nizi Project had two seasons, so here well... if it will be survival it will rather be a very small one, with 14-18 girls.

And there is a pattern in terms of groups so now it's a time with a group with more members minimum 7 I guess?

• Both strategies are interesting in their own way. JYP releasing the album far before the debut shows to viewers that he is confident of the group. And the early buyers now will be exclusive fans as the first ones to buy the first album of a potential successful girl group. Many people will be interested to listen their voices and see their pics as exclusively.

• Yes that's right O_o I just hope we get teasers soon :P I've read some rumors that this might be the American kpop group jyp spoke about before :oops:

I don't think this is the American girl group. Niziu was a smart idea because Twice we're well known among the Japanese general public. JYP don't have a group like that yet. I think they are trying to make ITZY that group, MITM whole release schedule was based around billboard after all. This new girl group will probably be for the Korean market. One new girl group for each major market, ITZY for the west, Niziu for Japan, and the new girl group for Korea.

• Twice leaving is only a rumour and GOT7 is a boy group so I don't think they will get a girl group to replace them :confused: I heard jyp will be debuting a boy group soon too maybe 2022 after the girl group.

Twice leaving is only a rumour and GOT7 is a boy group so I don't think they will get a girl group to replace them :confused: I heard jyp will be debuting a boy group soon too maybe 2022 after the girl group.

I highly doubt that all twice members will stay in the company. Even the ones that do, will surely get a poor treatment when it comes to promotion, because they will definitely be getting a bigger cut of the pie and JYP doesn't like to share his money with his beloved artists.

Debuting groups is easier, that problem is making them successful and profitable.

Just don't be surprise with the frequency that JYPE with start to debut groups from now on, at least until they find the next big cash cow.

• I highly doubt that all twice members will stay in the company. Even the ones that do, will surely get a poor treatment when it comes to promotion, because they will definitely be getting a bigger cut of the pie and JYP doesn't like to share his money with his beloved artists.

Debuting groups is easier, that problem is making them successful and profitable.

Just don't be surprise with the frequency that JYPE with start to debut groups from now on, at least until they find the next big cash cow.

I agree, it will be hard for all the twice members to stay. I wonder if they will go with all or none, like they did with GOT7

• I agree, it will be hard for all the twice members to stay. I wonder if they will go with all or none, like they did with GOT7

They should do that, but I don't think they will do as well as them.

Some GOT7 members had a solo career going on the side, while twice members are not eve allowed to have individual Instagram accounts.

If they want to have a solo career, there is no better option, because JYPE doesn't care about soloist, or actors, or anything that is not related to selling albums and doing big concerts, with the occasional cf/endorsement. Very poor suppport.

• This thread contains 3 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!