Groups with a lot of casual listener but few who ult them ?

• Do you think MX has more casual listeners than stans? I mean, there's not many stans here anyway.

I'm not sure. I think MX have a very loyal fanbase but most are disconnected with the kpop community. I still wonder how busy people like instagram's CEO and the creator of We Bare Bears managed to get time to actually stan Monsta X. The first literally went straight to Inkigayo to meet them.

They're casual more in the sense that they don't really care about doing hardcore fandom stuff like streaming, voting etc. Our fanbase is mostly adult who see kpop just as hobby. If you notice, Monsta X barely has any kids in the fandom which is really easy to find in other fandoms. They also have the most male stans in comparison to any bg, even Big Bang and 2pm, based in a survey on the amount of male attendees in their concerts in 2018 (around 19%). Male stans tend to be the majority in small gg fandoms, and not many them are into doing that hardcore fandom stuff either. So I do think MX have a bit of the same problem as well. Not that all male stans are lazy, I'm female and I'm lazy as hell when it comes to fandom stuff and I've seen a good couple of male mbbs more dedicated than me. But that doesn't mean I'm casual, they're still my ult.

So idk lol. It's a bit complicated to have an answer in their case.

narcissistic, my god i love it

JCsIq3Q.gif

• I'm not sure. I think MX have a very loyal fanbase but most are disconnected with the kpop community. I still wonder how busy people like instagram's CEO and the creator of We Bare Bears managed to get time to actually stan Monsta X. The first literally went straight to Inkigayo to meet them.

They're casual more in the sense that they don't really care about doing hardcore fandom stuff like streaming, voting etc. Our fanbase is mostly adult who see kpop just as hobby. If you notice, Monsta X barely has any kids in the fandom which is really easy to find in other fandoms. They also have the most male stans in comparison to any bg, even Big Bang and 2pm, based in a survey on the amount of male attendees in their concerts in 2018 (around 19%). Male stans tend to be the majority in small gg fandoms, and not many them are into doing that hardcore fandom stuff either. So I do think MX have a bit of the same problem as well. Not that all male stans are lazy, I'm female and I'm lazy as hell when it comes to fandom stuff and I've seen a good couple of male mbbs more dedicated than me. But that doesn't mean I'm casual, they're still my ult.

So idk lol. It's a bit complicated to have an answer in their case.

Thanks for the really well thought out answer. I was trying to think of why I haven't seen that many monbebes around. It's not like MX is nugu. I didn't think of the demographics issue. I could see that.

• The problem with Everglow is that they dont have that It Girl charismatic member or top tier visual. And they havent had a viral moment (like IU endorsing one of their songs, Ryujin's shoulder dance, shy shy shy, etc).

I really enjoy watching Mia perform. I'm addicted to her voice and her English pronunciation, i like listening to Aisha's rap flow, Yiren has great visuals and memorable killing parts for me. I loved Dun Dun and Adios, First is really growing on me, and they have great B sides like No Lie and Please.

But yeah, for some reason, i dont really invest in them emotionally the same way i did with BP, Twice and Izone...

Man Sihyeon is literally one of the prettiest visuals I've ever seen.

People sleep on her.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Man Sihyeon is literally one of the prettiest visuals I've ever seen.

People sleep on her.

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Everyone loves her visuals but to me, she doesnt stand out :crys: . I guess i have weird tastes, i dont even think Tzuyu is a top tier visual (very pretty girl but doesnt make the top 10 for me), nor do i consider anyone in BP a top tier visual.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!