This is so exciting finally we have a bunch of people shading Sistar aka my ult GG

• I'm not even mad I'm just surprised how people fall for the bait so easily Y'ALL JUST CLOWNING

:cryingr::cryingr::cryingr::cryingr::cryingr::cryingr:

And now it gives me the awesome opportunity to flex my faves YESSSSS TIME TO APPRECIATE AND PROMOTE THEM

:omgr::omgr::omgr:

Sistar, aka 9 CONSECUTIVE NO.1 GAON DIGITAL HITS, WITH ADDITIONAL 1 MORE FROM SISTAR19 AND 2 MORE FROM SOYOU AND 1 MORE FROM HYOLYN = 13 TOGETHER WHICH IS THE HIGEST FOR ANY GIRL GROUP EVER

Some of your faves don't even have that many title tracks

Loving U

Have the top 2 best charting idol songs in 2012, losing only to Gangnam Style and Cherry Blossom Ending we all know how popular those 2 songs are. Also they won best female group MAMA 2012 that year

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Don't forget this ultra big hit by Soyou, your mother your father and your grandmother from the grave knows this song. It was the biggest song in 2014

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Iconic discography

pasted-from-clipboard.png

Some of you guys aren't even into KPOP during the years Sistar were huge and have the nerve to downplay them

:angryr::angryr::angryr::angryr::angryr:

Anyways Ma Boy just reached 100mil views without any fandom streaming congrats to Sistar19

:danceb:   :danceb::danceb:

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Obviously you cannot compare Sistar to any third gen groups because of the ways things changed. Streaming changed, physical sales are a lot higher, but Sistar had an amazing 7 years run and left a huge legacy in KPOP, my summer queens did that.

Sistar started from a nugu company (yes Starship was nugu they only had Sistar and K Will back then), and it was Sistar that made Starship what it is today. Without Sistar, you won't have your MONSTA X/WJSN/Cravity/Starship NGG. From a small company they managed to compete with top tier groups from the big 3 such as SNSD/2NE1/WG, and even Kara from DSP.

Sistar also revolutionised the sexy concept, they were the ones who made it popular and mainstream that many artists such as Girls Day/AOA/EXID soon followed. Sexy concept >>>>>>>

Sistar Alone (Purple ver) by Jungjohnysong on DeviantArt

Oh and you know the summer comeback thing? Yeah Sistar made that their bitch. Before Sistar there wasn't a thing called summer comebacks. It was Sistar who made it a thing like every single summer, people will look forward to Sistar comeback because they know that they will slay anyways. Your summer has been stale since 2017 after their disbandment lets face it.

140: KPOP Girl Group Song Battle: Sistar

Now that you have gone through this entire essay, here are some of their final performances to remember

B.E.S.T SISTAR

Top 30 Sistar GIFs | Find the best GIF on Gfycat

• icy you'll probably see this anyways so i don't need to tag you but just like keaji's boyz thread

you must've put a lot of work into it so :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• What are the best songs for getting into them?

Title track wise, Sistar generally has got 2 main themes, the sexy sultry kind and the sexy summer kind.

Sexy Sultry

Sexy Summer

All of those songs I posed are extremely popular.

The thing about Sistar is that their title tracks are very popular, but not many listen to their B-side, so I'ma post a few which I really like. These are very very chill songs

Also, they have a sub-unit with Hyolyn/Bora

• Also, they have a sub-unit with Hyolyn/Bora

Wait.. Hyolyn is from Sistar? I love her vocals! Say my name is on repeat last year. Now I’m even more interested

• Yey!! I was hoping for some enlightenment on the other thread but got shot. I really do want some recommendations for sistar’s songs and contents. I only know touch my body for now.

Will take some time to watch all of these MVs, thanks icy. You must have spend a lot of time on this. Amazing!

Also, if you want live performance here are some of my favourites

One of my favourite "Touch My Body" stages. The staging, the outfits, and most importantly the energy and vibe in this performance. Unlike many 3rd/4th gen stages who focuses a lot on perfection, you can see Sistar isn't really the kind to try and make things perfect. They try to play around with the facial expressions and with the camera especially with this performance, it makes you just wanna go in and dance with them

I mean since you stan BTS you probably also know that they love this song

A different version of Shake It, where you can hear their vocals a lot better

Give It To Me is also amazing. The thing is that this song is deceptively hard to sing because of the various chest voice to falsetto transitions but they made it look easy to sing

Finally, what I think to be their most creative dance because of the smart use of the curtain skirts

• Wait.. Hyolyn is from Sistar? I love her vocals! Say my name is on repeat last year. Now I’m even more interested

Yes, Hyolyn is the main vocalist and leader in Sistar. She's probably one of the most talented idol of all time in the entire KPOP industry and I'm not even exaggerating

If you love her you should also listen to these

• Yes, I admit I know touch my body from BTS lol. And I’ve seen the MV and impressed with them dancing on high heels!

Yeah I actually checked her out because of Dally Dally. It did caused quite a stir lol. And I was impressed by her vocals so when

Say My Name was released, I was hooked.

Well I have to rain check the rest coz I’m sleepy. Have book marked this thread. Thanks!

• That wasn't my intention.

Just wanted to show how delusional and disrespectful Blinks can be.

External Content youtu.be

• Their digital were amazing, the queens of summer.

Their problem was album sales, they did never had the dedicated fan base that would bulk buy their albums.

their albums sold around 20K each, that is very good for a Girl group, but not top tier good.

• Their digital were amazing, the queens of summer.

Their problem was album sales, they did never had the dedicated fan base that would bulk buy their albums.

their albums sold around 20K each, that is very good for a Girl group, but not top tier good.

I'm be honest, Sistar didn't had a huge fanbase, their physicals were terrible. But what they lacked in physicals they hade up with their digitals which were top tier. They had hit after hit and the GP always supported them.

Also, ultimately they became one of the best GGs of their generation, and each member made a name for themselves.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!