Why is Lee Seung Gi facing so much backlash ?

• Official Post

Apparently his girlfriend's family scammed people out of money, some of which committed suicide. People think she's still reaping the benefits of her family's money and connections.

• Some fans are just messed up in the head imo and just don’t want to see others happy.

I don't think is about him dating, his dating with SNSD's Yoona was well received, from what i understood the girl's family is really problematic, her father is in jail, her parents scammed people, some lost their life and she's living in luxury from the money her parents scammed, this ruined his clean reputation so the fans are mad

• I don't think is about him dating, his dating with SNSD's Yoona was well received, from what i understood the girl's family is really problematic, her father is in jail, her parents scammed people, some lost their life and she's living in luxury from the money her parents scammed, this ruined his clean reputation so the fans are mad

Well even so, it’s still his business if he wants to be in a relationship. At the end of the day, it’s nothing to do with the fans. He’s a grown man, I’m sure he can work it out.

• I feel like a hypocrite for saying this but I'm not happy that he's dating her either, though I'm not going to protest against his relationship or anything but I'm disappointed at his choice. I know what her family did shouldn't be linked to her but it's hard to do so.

• Well even so, it’s still his business if he wants to be in a relationship. At the end of the day, it’s nothing to do with the fans. He’s a grown man, I’m sure he can work it out.

It's his business to be in a relationship with whoever he wants ofc, but I think the fans have a right to feel some type of way if he chooses to associate himself with a not so great human being.. Usually when scandals come out about a person (in or out of kpop) that reveals they were a shitty human being, alot of people that previously associated with them or were publicly friendly with them will distance themselves from that person. I can see why fans would be upset about this relationship because it's kinda like he's doing the opposite in this case.

• It's his business to be in a relationship with whoever he wants ofc, but I think the fans have a right to feel some type of way if he chooses to associate himself with a not so great human being.. Usually when scandals come out about a person (in or out of kpop) that reveals they were a shitty human being, alot of people that previously associated with them or were publicly friendly with them will distance themselves from that person. I can see why fans would be upset about this relationship because it's kinda like he's doing the opposite in this case.

Like I said, he will work it out if this person is for him or not, not fans. I’m not that familiar with him, but it’s still his business and if his career is affected by her then that’s the choice he makes. I do feel fans get way too involved with private lives of idols and often do more harm than good. I wouldn’t be calling off a relationship just because fans didn’t like it.

• I think it would be ok if he would date some "nation's sweetheart" but he is with a girl which is from questionable shady family.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Like I said, he will work it out if this person is for him or not, not fans. I’m not that familiar with him, but it’s still his business and if his career is affected by her then that’s the choice he makes. I do feel fans get way too involved with private lives of idols and often do more harm than good. I wouldn’t be calling off a relationship just because fans didn’t like it.

You're right even if he's girlfriend parents are shit it's not people place to tell him wether he should stay or leave her

• Kids aren't responsible for what their parents do, and also parents aren't responsible for what their kids decide to do, because everyone has the right to choose their path being either good or bad.

There is a possibility that she knew what their parents did. Let's be honest, in most families people talk openly and say what they do. But there is a possibility that she really didn't know, and we will never know for sure the truth. Anyway, as long as she didn't commit anything against the victims, she shouldn't be also considered a criminal.

I kinda understand the fans too, because they might want to protect LSG, since he might lose some opportunities because people might think twice before casting him.

Anyway, he is 35 y/o and he already knew about her family so it's totally his business. For me, he remains the same and I will still support him, as long as he doesn't hurt someone.

• I will be honest here. I think the daughter is a victim like any other. I don't think she knew all the shade things his parents were doing so trying to paint her as a criminal bc of her parents mistakes just proves how evil and pathetic our society still is...

And trying to break a relationship just bc of "trying to save oppa image" is worse, bc who are you (in general) to decide what path he should follow? Who are you to tell him to break up bc you don't like his gf? If we go by this logic then his life is over. He will just be a doll commanded by his so pure fans :clown: .

I think that it's okay to let people decide for themselves! This type of behaviour isn't normal, guys. If she was proved as a criminal, sure, ok, but she isn't. Using her family situation to make things difficult for them is low.

• I don't think his fans do have a right to feel some type of way, at least not publicly. They should keep their thoughts to themselves.

Someone having the right to a private life means they are also free to select whichever partner they want to be with. If fans really don't like it they can just not follow him anymore, but his fans sending protest trucks advising him to think about the fact that they've "protected" him for 17 years is controlling behaviour.

• interesting...

people are free to do what they want to though right?

so if certain people want to cancel a person or complain about a person's relationship choices they have that right to no?

• the protest is a little over the top but fans can feel some type of way when he associate himself with someone with a bad rep. it's the same stateside or other countries, not something unique to Korea.

Frankly the man already made his money. If the fans don't like the relationship they can drop him. And his relationship already a taint on his "image" but he's a man who made his bed so he can happily lay in it.

• I will be honest here. I think the daughter is a victim like any other. I don't think she knew all the shade things his parents were doing so trying to paint her as a criminal bc of her parents mistakes just proves how evil and pathetic our society still is...

And trying to break a relationship just bc of "trying to save oppa image" is worse, bc who are you (in general) to decide what path he should follow? Who are you to tell him to break up bc you don't like his gf? If we go by this logic then his life is over. He will just be a doll commanded by his so pure fans :clown: .

I think that it's okay to let people decide for themselves! This type of behaviour isn't normal, guys. If she was proved as a criminal, sure, ok, but she isn't. Using her family situation to make things difficult for them is low.

How could she not know when her parents' crimes were in the news TWICE in 2009 and 2016? She's still supporting them, calling her mom her hero and lives in a six story mansion her mom purchased with scam money.

Both she and her sister are flop actresses who are only rich because of blood money that they're still enjoying. If they were like Tiffany or Han Seohee, they would've distanced themselves from their problematic parents are tried to make money on their own.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!