〖🅝⋮🅒〗Drop your unpopular NCT opinion/s

• Does anyone like Awake, 127's first Japanese full album? I personally find it one of their best releases along with Neo Zone and Cherry Bomb.

For me it's nearly a no skip full album (there's Regular in there, but it's not an original track so it shouldn't be considered anyway - although I don't dislike Regular as strongly as I make it seem). Neo Zone (and the repackage) was also almost no skip for me, if it weren't for Love Me Now.

Hey ho let's go, folklore and rock n roll

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

• Does anyone like Awake, 127's first Japanese full album? I personally find it one of their best releases along with Neo Zone and Cherry Bomb.

For me it's nearly a no skip full album (there's Regular in there, but it's not an original track so it shouldn't be considered anyway - although I don't dislike Regular as strongly as I make it seem). Neo Zone (and the repackage) was also almost no skip for me, if it weren't for Love Me Now.

Yes, I love Awaken. I should listen to it more though. :(

Love Me Now is an annoying song, Idk how to explain it... it doesn't add anything to the album's quality, it sounds like any average pop song and has an outdated undertone, but I don't mind listening to it every once in a while.

• They should have named Reload as "We Reload" to be on brand with Dream's previous releases.

Yes, I love Awaken. I should listen to it more though. :(

Love Me Now is an annoying song, Idk how to explain it... it doesn't add anything to the album's quality, it sounds like any average pop song and has an outdated undertone, but I don't mind listening to it every once in a while.

:yesr: Exactly.

It's very generic and I hate the chorus and the "baby voice" effect. With that being said some of the vocals sound nice so it's not a horrible song. It's among my least favorites from them though.

I put it in the same category as Replay, Wake Up and Trigger the Fever - the generic "adds nothing to the album" EDM tracks.

Summer 127 and 0 Mile are in somewhat the same genre but I like them way more.

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

• Ok, seems like it will be really unpopular, but

I think two-colored Renjun shouldn't have happened. Reminds me of cruella deville.

img-20210406-074257-538b65194ca5d43df1ac9a6e67de4ee9-df68ff9da0a32e20832aa50ccfdc7b12.jpg

agree somewhat

i think two toned renjun should of happened just not with white underneath

like any colour apart from white cause he is sooo pale already

img-20210406-074257-538b65194ca5d43df1ac9a6e67de4ee9-df68ff9da0a32e20832aa50ccfdc7b12.jpg

• Hey ho let's go, folklore and rock n roll

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

• I can see where you’re coming from, butter. Personally I’m hooked on the beat that makes me bounce and start dancing. This is exactly the same effect Regular has on me. I appreciate it when NCT 127 is creative and innovative with song construction but I also appreciate a song that just slaps and makes me shake my ass.

I intensely dislike Punch, which I’ve talked about before, although I do like the instrumental, it feels like partial song thoughts that don’t mesh well together to me but rather like someone put one too many ingredients in the soup. I appreciate that “mashing up” disparate elements is an essential component of the NCT 127 style but where that mash up works in its own idiosyncratic way on Cherry Bomb, Simon Says or Kick It, I never feel like Punch works as a whole song for me. (I joke about the huff and puff and the weak ass chorus but as always a large part of my gripe with Punch is that I was really anticipating something transcendent and it wasn’t there for me.)

In contrast, Lemonade sets the expectation it’s just going to be a fresh banger, which it is for me. I do assume tho that we’ll get the vocal firepower in the full song rather than the song snippet. One of my major gripes about Save (aside from it feeling generic) is that it didn’t showcase the 127 vocal thunder, which is what I’m here for unless it is a song that is fully about something fire raps like Mad City.

• I think that's fair. To be honest , I don't know if I love the song yet or if i'm just really glad that at least it's a change from the last 3 and more of the unique NCT sound. Don't feel bad - I think its best to just wait for the title track and the full album and take it from there.

I will say though that -every track video reveal for nct dream's album made me more excited for the record which has not been the case with 127's b sides so far.

• I intensely dislike Punch, which I’ve talked about before, although I do like the instrumental, it feels like partial song thoughts that don’t mesh well together to me but rather like someone put one too many ingredients in the soup. I appreciate that “mashing up” disparate elements is an essential component of the NCT 127 style but where that mash up works in its own idiosyncratic way on Cherry Bomb, Simon Says or Kick It, I never feel like Punch works as a whole song for me. (I joke about the huff and puff and the weak ass chorus but as always a large part of my gripe with Punch is that I was really anticipating something transcendent and it wasn’t there for me.

I love that about Punch and other songs like it (Zimzalabim, Wolf, etc). I love that feeling of an "uncomfortable" listening experience where you're vibing to something and it keeps changing and it gets you everytime. That is, when it's done in a tasteful way or to my style (and it is with Punch because I love the sound of growling synths/dubstep). I agree that both Regular and Lemonade are just feel good vibe with it types of songs and that they have an audience, but I personally don't care for them and I'm glad NCT doesn't stick to that sound only. There's enough variety to keep us all entertained.

I actually don't expect the full song to showcase vocals too much, like Regular didn't. I'm expecting a more "Western" song structure rather than a typical SM one (with the R&B bridge or pre-chorus). I think the song was cut strategically to showcase the main choreo killing parts and hook of the song, but who knows, maybe it will surprise me in the end. One thing is for sure, if it has a radical change in sound that wasn't shown in the track video, I will be hyping it tf up. Songs that clown me are my favorites :pepe-simp:

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

2x2x2x2x2x2x2x

• :pepe-tea:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!