Groups breaking their OWN 24 hours records and then having stagnant views for MONTHS

• I have noticed how before groups barely hit 4M-9M views in 24 hours and months after the MV views were at 300M-400M views.

Now groups get 20M-30M in 24 hours and months after you barley see 120-140M views 💀

Fandoms nowadays only care about first day and first week records. The lack of longevity is astonishing and in my opinion makes the 24 hours records look irrelevant.

i was going to do a list of the examples but maybe in another thread.

• That's why everyone should be like LOVE SHOT..

Consistent views for 1.5 years straight now...

External Content youtu.be
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

call me baby deserves what love shot has :mad:

Only few MVs have actual consistent views and Love Shot is part of the list.

• call me baby deserves what love shot has :mad:

I don't even like Love Shot but lot of people do....

Call Me Baby Achieved something Love Shot never would...

Debuting Canadian in Hot 100.

I love Pikachu.

Always have, Always will.

"Pika-Pi"

• All of Itzy's MV over 100mi. MIM is gaining 1+mi views per day.

It's time so str3am the true hit until 400mi.

The superior EXO song :peperun:

• It's normal to have higher numbers the first day and week because people are discovering the song for the first time. But K-pop fandoms push the mass streaming too far, that's why it drops so hard.

• I mean that's the way it is in this generation.

People don't care about actually watching and enjoying the MV, they care more about reaching a certain goal within a certain time period.

Once that goal is reached, they can then slowly take their time to enjoy the music. This current KPOP scene is simply obsessed with number because if you god forbid you get 1mil less views than your previous MV you have to bother yourselves (I mean you can choose to ignore them but your brain doesn't work that way does it?) with haters calling your group "flopping" or "declining".

Basically the KPOP scene now is not about music, rather it's more about a cock measuring contest (sorry for being blunt but that's the analogy) on who gets to break records first. I even made a thread about it a while back

Best of all, fans use this "achievements" that isn't even theirs mind you, to brag about how great their faves are. They are simply using the achievements of other people to weaponise those achievements to make it seem like they are better than others.

• Official Post

I will never understand why everyone cares about how many views a MV has or when they got it. You're obviously not actually fans otherwise you'd care more about enjoying the music than obsessing about how many views MVs are getting. Half the time y'all are so damn obsessed with views of groups you don't even like. :pepenomad:

• also it is because there are so many options to watch on youtube for example studio choom version etc, and nowadays groups are pomping with contents it all makes the MV views to grow smaller, while in the first 24 hours or 7 weeks fans are mostly focused on the official MV, and ofc ads are biggest factor here, but i don't blame it cus it is good promotion for smaller company groups tho, and go stream God's Menu

• I am genuinely asking what MV you have seen broken 24 hours record but fell off later?

Butter just broke record of 24 hours record so how it will do later none can say but one thing is for sure it will be bigger than Dynamite.

Dynamite broke record of 24 hours gaining 2M+ even after 9 monthes.

BWL broke record gaining 1.5M+ even after 2 years.

Mic Drop 1M+, Idol 700k+, FL 700k+, DNA 700k+, BST 600k+ approximately.

Hope you know which mv released on which year.

The mv that used ads will fell off, it is common sense. But using ads, groups & soloist can get more views but can't break 24 hours global record.

Stream Butter, the SOTY 2021.😉

• Seems you are the only one who thought OP was even referring to BTS

• I wasn’t referring to BTS in any way 😭

• It’s because of ads. And I see nothing with fandoms having streaming goals for their faves during comebacks. That’s how armys started and now they are getting it in huge numbers so it pays off in a way. Consistent views will only work if you have a big fandom or you have new people checking out your music because it’s a hit

So cut the new groups some slack

• Seems you are the only one who thought OP was even referring to BTS

I wasn’t referring to BTS in any way 😭

Op your tiltle....

Groups breaking 24 Hours views records and then having stagnant views for MONTHS

So, through the title I will refer to the "Groups who has broken 24 hours record". Let me guess who has broken 24 hours records.. Immmmmmmmm...........

Got it.. BTS most of the time & blackpink for some times..

Any other act? My point was, those songs which breaks 24 hour records, none of their views are stagnant.

Isn't it? Sorry, I am a person with normal level of understanding. Hyper level of understanding like yours can't get thorough my mind.. .😭

And for 4th gens records resided within only 4th gen stans, I answered.

• Everyone’s pointing at the popular whipping boy, ads, but I think icy makes a really good point here about how fandoms obsess over those first few days and weeks and hitting specific targets, then settle back into not really caring beyond key milestone markers (100m, etc) when they will ramp up for another campaign.

I know Tic had some really good points about looking at MV views 6 months out as a better indicator.

It would be interesting for the stats folks on here to take a peek at this question from the perspective of MVs with the biggest drop offs in the long term, a second look at MVs with the most sustained growth and a third look at MVs that started out slow and had massive organic growth later..

..............................................................................................................perfume

1a8e5b24bf1c6ccaa1e5bd8ca4a707841e1abe65.gif31addbb43f8bc3a9c9e7fff75dd7f232c5839f1f.gifd752226429a326c0a6d90dfff22926c1961158d1.gif

• What I meant each group 24 hours records not the overall ones. The two groups you mentioned have the most consistent and stable views.

• Personally I don't care about views, I rarely watch MVs more than 2 times tbh.

If shoe doesn't fit don't wear it

• What I meant each group 24 hours records not the overall ones. The two groups you mentioned have the most consistent and stable views.

The title was "Breaking 24 hours view record"... That means overall.

I have no problem but the title should not have been misleading. According to what you want to diccuss, it is " Breaking 24 hours view record of own"

• Personally I don't care about views, I rarely watch MVs more than 2 times tbh.

If shoe doesn't fit don't wear it

Don't know what you meant by last line but

My response was according to title. The title doesn't means the same what op wants to diccuss and OP understood it.

• As an army honestly I only care about 24 hours record, rest of the views doesnt really do anything to bts.

As a MOA I hope we stream like other fandoms but txt has so much content so many performance videos so it's hard to focus on just mv. Still moas need to stream for 100m.

• This thread contains 5 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!