Why is mass stream on Melon shaded, but on YouTube is celebrated ?

• I can't take either seriously. Music is supposed to be consumed spontaneously for your personal enjoyment, not deliberately just to manipulate streaming numbers and then brag about them.

• I can't take either seriously. Music is supposed to be consumed spontaneously for your personal enjoyment, not deliberately just to manipulate streaming numbers and then brag about them.

Yup. I want to understand however what is the mindset to evaluate both differently. Mass streaming on music charts is to help groups to become more know in Korea, as koreans only listen the top 100 if you don't chart = you don't exist

As for YouTube mass stream I think it's just for bragging rights smh

• Mass streams on Youtube usually happens during the first 24h, or to get to the 100M marks. This is just a way for the fans to flex and it doesn't really mean anything, I guess :wellr:

• Official Post

How? If anything, it's the opposite.

What I WANT to know is why Melon streams are celebrated but Youtube views are shaded. When Melon released the numbers for streams, you saw BG fans cheering and celebrating, but whenever someone brings up Youtube it's always "Youtube doesn't matter, no one cares about Youtube, Youtube views are irrelevant" despite the fact that Melon obviously has a worse filter.

• How? If anything, it's the opposite.

What I WANT to know is why Melon streams are celebrated but Youtube views are shaded. When Melon released the numbers for streams, you saw BG fans cheering and celebrating, but whenever someone brings up Youtube it's always "Youtube doesn't matter, no one cares about Youtube" despite the fact that Melon obviously has a worse filter

yep youtube is irrelevant and blackpink only has youtube was the saying going around back in 2019 but suddenly everyone has amnesia :whistling:

What I WANT to know is why Melon streams are celebrated but Youtube views are shaded. When Melon released the numbers for streams, you saw BG fans cheering and celebrating, but whenever someone brings up Youtube it's always "Youtube doesn't matter, no one cares about Youtube, Youtube is irrelevant" despite the fact that Melon obviously has a worse filter.

It's definitely not the opposite

In reality the assertion that YouTube doesn't matter farther proves how nobody cares about YouTube mass streaming as you can mass stream and nobody GAF as it's just deemed as irrelevant

As for Melon they changed their charting system because users related they don't like mass streaming affecting the charts

• Same logic why youtube ads (bought views) are acceptable but sajaegi are bashed lol Kpop stans and their hypocrisy never fail to amaze me.

• i think i know what this is about

looks like ill-pray-for-you hurt a lot of exol's feelings\

i dont really see what this has to do with blink tbh

how is us bragging about bp's yotube stats connected to people attacking exo?

• The only way to determine how big a song is on YouTube is to check the likes and dislikes button. That is the only way to know how many users/unique people interacted with the video. I know kpop fandoms are huge and this method can still be skewed but when you compare the streams with the number of likes and dislikes, it’s a pretty good way to show fandom streaming.

For instance; a video can have 3Mlikes/200k dislikes but 100MILLION streams whiles another video can have 3M likes/200k dislikes but 50M streams

Obviously you can tell the 2nd video had more new people interacting with it compared to the 1st video

What I WANT to know is why Melon streams are celebrated but Youtube views are shaded. When Melon released the numbers for streams, you saw BG fans cheering and celebrating, but whenever someone brings up Youtube it's always "Youtube doesn't matter, no one cares about Youtube, Youtube views are irrelevant" despite the fact that Melon obviously has a worse filter.

exactly

• Official Post

It's definitely not the opposite

In reality the assertion that YouTube doesn't matter farther proves how nobody cares about YouTube mass streaming as you can mass stream and nobody GAF as it's just deemed as irrelevant

As for Melon they changed their charting system because users related they don't like mass streaming affecting the charts

You can mass stream on Melon too. I wasn't really talking about the charts, I was talking about the streaming data on Melon and how BG fans reacted to it.

The most streamed songs on Melon are mainly BGs, and that's mainly the result of mass streaming. You saw the fans of those groups celebrating those streams, but those same people talk about how Youtube views are "irrelevant" despite the fact that mass streaming occurs on Melon as well. I don't get it.

Who really shades Melon charting now with the reform....if anything it's more celebrated considering the fact that it's harder for artists(esp idol groups) to chart.

• i think i know what this is about

looks like ill-pray-for-you hurt a lot of exol's feelings\

i dont really see what this has to do with blink tbh

how is us bragging about bp's yotube stats connected to people attacking exo?

I was not even aware this guy was attacking EXO. I only remember him shading iZone, and we fight about iZone

Not everything must to be about fanwars lol

• u still dint answer my question

what do blinks bragging about youtube have anything to do with exo??

and why call only us out

It has NOTHING to do with EXO or Blackpink

In reality I only bring Blinks when you said people don't care for youtube and say it's useless, which makes no sense as your own fandom uses YouTube as a proof of sucess

How do you understand this as "scar")_( from past fanwars still unclear for me

• It has NOTHING to do with EXO or Blackpink

In reality I only bring Blinks when you said people don't care for youtube and say it's useless, which makes no sense as your own fandom uses YouTube as a proof of sucess

How do you understand this as "scar")_( from past fanwars still unclear for me

sooo

youre mad because blinks celebrate bp's youtube achievements? :pepe-back-away:

• Same logic why youtube ads (bought views) are acceptable but sajaegi are bashed lol Kpop stans and their hypocrisy never fail to amaze me.

Ppl are out here defending ads?? Yikes, in my opinion it's the most obvious form of sajaegi

• Damn you all still stuck in that kokobop thread from the old forum. Melon and youtube filtering system are clearly not comparable (at least the one they had around 2017). Not sure why it's so hard to grasp

Considering people can make 100 million views in one day I'm not sure if the filtering system are really different it's more like Korean fans are crazy and make playlists to keep rolling forever, meanwhile YT streams are more short-therm

• Because it's done by rabid BG fangirls on melon while YouTube has GGs casual fans:sadr:

on melon? yes

most bgs and their digitals are fandom streamed while gg's are more popular among the gp

that's why they have higher digitals

youtube is completely fandom streamed tho

• guys, its really not that complicated, maybe a song/video has more views/streams simply means fans love the song and wants to listen to it over and over again or maybe the Fandom is just bigger?

• Official Post

Damn you all still stuck in that kokobop thread from the old forum. Melon and youtube filtering system are clearly not comparable (at least the one they had around 2017). Not sure why it's so hard to grasp

This is the point I'm trying to make. Kokobop has so many streams on Melon but can't even get a 100M streaming certification, so obviously the filtering system on Melon is much worse.

Both have mass streaming either way, I don't even understand the reason to put one above the other.

I don't understand why it's such a hard concept to grasp.

• Considering people can make 100 million views in one day I'm not sure if the filtering system are really different it's more like Korean fans are crazy and make playlists to keep rolling forever, meanwhile YT streams are more short-therm

Maybe because the groups getting those views in a day actually do have massive worldwide fanbases and gp interest? why aren't more groups besides bts or bp getting even above 30 millions in a day. I dont intend to drag exo here but they are the best example of huge melon streams, were korean exols never streaming on youtube at all? should be pretty easy for them to get similar numbers if the filtering was the same as melon's

• on melon? yes

most bgs and their digitals are fandom streamed while gg's are more popular among the gp

that's why they have higher digitals

youtube is completely fandom streamed tho

You didn't get my point :sadr:

One is treated as such because it's done by BG fangirls who are considered to be hysterical.

On youtube GGs typically have more views than the BGs they are competing with.

• Maybe because the groups getting those views in a day actually do have massive worldwide fanbases and gp interest? why aren't more groups besides bts or bp getting even above 30 millions in a day. I dont intend to drag exo here but they are the best example of huge melon streams, were korean exols never streaming on youtube at all? should be pretty easy for them to get similar numbers if the filtering was the same as melon's

Jennie (Gif) | Blackpink jennie, Jennie kim blackpink, Blackpink jisoo

• This thread contains 31 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!