What is your definition of Stanning?

• There are people out there who say they Stan like 50 Groups (Okay... That's an exaggeration.. or is it?), but do they really invest their time and money into all those groups?

For me, Stan means I enjoy their music, I pair with their personalities, and I will invest my money and time into whatever they got, they got my full attention. Let me clarify a bit... I buy BTS albums, I buy BlackPink albums, I listen to them, and I watch their life events on streaming platforms but I do not consider this as stanning, because I don't give them my fullest attention. On the other hand, I contribute a lot of my time and money into Everglow, follow them on a daily basis, and promote them whenever I can, giving them all of my attention.

If my definition of stanning is the same definition for the people who Stans 50+ groups, I don't think they'll get any sleep.

So... What is your definition of stanning?

✧ "Got no time for haters 모두 다 집어치워 버려" ✧

• 1) Know the name of the members

2) Listened to all the songs from title tracks to B-sides to OSTs.

3) Basic knowledge of the fandom memes, the personality of the members.

4) this is the most important factor for me, should love the voices of the members.

On the other hand, I never bought any Kpop albums and don't believe in voting or streaming is something that decides whether I am a stan or not.

• Many people think stanning would mean you're a stalker fan because of the Eminem song, but I think the definition should be more broad. I think being a stan would mean you dedicate a lot of your support and time to the group(s). Above all, a stan would be the definiton of "fan" but to a greater extent.

• Actively seek out their music. Like I don't checkout new releases of any group other than my favs. I hear them by chance in a variety show or music show, if I like one song I will listen to it but not really check out their bsides or other albums.

For group I stan, I check their albums right after release, follow their promotion schedule and activities, keep upto date with their stuff and buy albums

I don't think buying albums should be a criteria in defining the word stan cause nit everyone can afford it.

• For me it's mostly keeping up with their releases. Mostly music release, but also keeping an eye on their other activities.

Knowing what the group is up to, basically.

• in normal use I'd say that stanning someone means that one is willing to advocate for that star on social media ( to a point ), feel interested in the idol as a person and not just their "stage character" or music.

when we are splitting hairs, I believe that etymology of the word stan is as follows: it is a portmanteau of Stalker and Fan, originally used to call out crazy fans that are way overstepping the line, but eventually was watered down to just meaning "avid fan."

• My sister used to stan lot of progressive rock bands. Her room looked like a CD store full of posters, magazines, and other merchandises. She was a proper stan to a dozen of them and she did spend money and time and knew pretty much everything about them, so I can't judge her devotion to each band she liked.

I use stan as dedicated/obsessive fan basically. I'd consider anyone a stan if one knows about the artist or group very well (or if it's a new stan, they enthusiastically wanna know about them), spend some resource on them (money and/or time), and follow the artist's/group's schedule. Stans may go the extra mile and promote their artists individually or in a organized manner. I guess this is pretty basic.

Most stans will focus on one or very few groups/artists, but I see some people can manage to have multiple groups even if they have a clear favorite. Some of the single stans may get to obsessive level while multi stans tend to just stick to dedicated level.

• Stanning for me is simple but complicated.

You can proudly say you stan them, you might not think of them every second, but you know they are always in your heart. "Unstanning" is not a word in my dictionary because the time they are with us, we will be with them even further (unless they do something really wrong). It's a word I hate, bc some fans are not loyal at all when new idols appear.

You might not know everything, every action of them, but you LIKE them for who they are and what they do. It is a word defined by time for me, and we are willing to go far with them when we stan them. You might forget them for some days, but when they have activities somehow you are reminded "you are a fan".

For me, the most important part is emotional connection. That's what TWICE and BrightWin delivered to me. I stan them.

:iloveyoub: BRIGHTWIN FOREVER :iloveyoub: SARAWATTINE FOREVER :iloveyoub: 2GETHER FOREVER :iloveyoub: 

Bom tấn đam mỹ 2gether "đánh úp" bản điện ảnh, cặp BrightWin sắp sửa cưới  nhau hoành tráng?

• For me stanning is keeping up with all of my faves activities, content and music (big or small). I might be a big fan if keep up with their important activities or casual fan if i only check out the music and not much intrested in their other activities

• For me stanning is following they activity, music, knowing fandom names, members names. If we base it how many artist album I bought then I Stan 3 by and 2 gg.

But I truly invest my time in 1 bg at the moment.

I also have groups who I enjoy watching on programs. Like I watch seventeen’s program because they are funny but I know only some of they name. I don’t follow they release but that is my “fault” as they music is not my taste. When I have time and my groups don’t have anything fresh to watch then I watch groups who I know I enjoy watching. I wouldn’t say I Stan them.

• Being a blind defender of one's idol. It gets serious when people starts harassing some other idols, who they think are a challenge to them.

Kpop stans on twt are the most toxic breeds

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!