Chaeryoung was done wrong again

• I'll be honest she just doesn't stand out much period. She's not very expressive. I think she works well in the group cause she adds her dance abilities and makes them look better but she's just not hugely charismatic by herself.

• For me she is one of the best dancers in Kpop. Honestly she is such a good dancer, have a good tone but unfortunately she lack charisma. I understand why someone like Yuna is more pushed on screen compared to Chae. Maybe it’s bc she isn’t confident bc a lot of people bash her visual... I hope she will work on her facial expressions more in the future.

• Chaeryeong is talented but she's not the most popular in the group or the best performer in the group, nor the best singer nor the 'prettiest'. Unfortunately this means she'll never be at the forefront when it comes to mvs - it's just how kpop works, there's a reason why kpop companies find it important to assign titles. The line and screen time distribution was all pretty equal compared to other groups though.

Edited once, last by BQpop ().

• Chaeryeong is talented but she's not the most popular in the group or the best dancer in the group, nor the best singer nor the 'prettiest'. Unfortunately this means she'll never be at the forefront when it comes to mvs - it's just how kpop works, there's a reason why kpop companies find it important to assign titles. The line and screen time distribution was all pretty equal compared to other groups though.

chaeryeong is absolutely the best dancer in the group in terms of skills. She’s just not as eye catching as yeji and ryujin due to a lack of charisma and confidence, that’s why people underestimate her and prefer to watch the others. Techniques wise she’s no doubt the best

• chaeryeong is absolutely the best dancer in the group in terms of skill. She’s just not eye catching as yeji and ryujin due to a lack of charisma and confidence, that’s why people underestimate her and prefer to watch the others. Techniques wise she’s no doubt the best

No one doubts her dancing skills, it's just sad that her dancing is overshadowed by having a joint title with Yeji as 'main dancer', who tends to get the centre time during dance breaks and then of course there's the center herself, Ryujin so JYP probably doesn't really see a reason to give her the center time when the other 2 are more popular and charismatic on stage.

I should probably change best 'dancer' to 'performer' - that's more in line of what I mean.

• No one doubts her dancing skills, it's just sad that her dancing is overshadowed by having a joint title with Yeji as 'main dancer', who tends to get the centre time during dance breaks and then of course there's the center herself, Ryujin so JYP probably doesn't really see a reason to give her the center time when the other 2 are more popular and charismatic on stage.

I should probably change best 'dancer' to 'performer' - that's more in line of what I mean.

yeah that’s a more accurate descriptor. Chaeryeong is naturally talented but not naturally charismatic, which hinders her performing potential sadly

• Being the best dancer doesn't mean a lot in this business; the gp just doesn't pay that much attention. You have to shine in other fields to be noticed. Look at Seungyeon of CLC: praised by those who are interested in idols dancing abilities; ignored by everyone else.

So of course, Chaeryoung is gonna have hard time to stand out, as she's not a great beauty nor a great singer.

• I don't know about you but my eyes naturally always go toward her. She has charisma but in my opinion the company is unable or don't try to pull it out. And it doesn't help that her parts on their MV are quite often unmemorable.

• She literally says in their official tell all video that she doesnt like to be in the center, she always chooses to stand at the sides and edges.

A performer has to believe in herself, has to carry herself with confidence onstage. The audience will feed off that. For me, when i watch Itzy i'm mostly drawn to the overall group choreo which is always lit, and then if i ever do get drawn to a single performer, it's usually Yeji and now Yuna. Along with Ryujin, these are the most charismatic performers they have. Lia and Chaeryoung are both held back by their sassy badass girl crush concepts (Lia's dance style suits a more graceful vibe and Chaeryoung just never comes off as edgy her demeanor is usually flat).

• Well i don't agree that she doesn't suit this concept, to me she actually stands out the most this comeback, she's gorgeous (and i like them all).

She deserves more attention of course.

• cant force someone to notice an idol. the idol has to do it herself. talents help but its not enough

look at Luna, perhaps the most talented idol of all time after Hyolyn, but the least popular in fx and her releases never garnered public attention. She never lacked solo time in fx either. my guess is because she lacked charisma.

For Chaeryeong its most definitely not a confidence issue. In fact from their everyday vlog and stuff, in terms of performing she has immovable self-confidence. You would see her enthusiastically dance and sing to other idols' songs without being prompted all the time. As to whats missing, i dont know.

Fancams are available for every performance these days so having little center time dont matter as much anymore.

• I guess because of the visual. If you have a beautiful face, you will automatically attract people. Chaeryong is a has a feminine charm but not that pretty as other member. At first glance, naturally people look at the visual members. Charisma is just plus. That's how I observed in Kpop. Members with unique or beautiful faces attract more fans. Talent is not so important for people, it is definitely secondary. Actually, Chaeryeong is one of my favorite members in the group as a personality. Chaeryeong has a naturally funny and savage personality. I hope one day she shines the on the stage.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!