Former CLC’s Elkie Calls Out CUBE Entertainment In An Exclusive Tell-All

• But it ain't just clc. 4minute died because of bad sales despite being one of the biggest girl groups of the 2nd gen, they let beast leave who was their biggest money maker of all time , pentagon also also have pretty mediocre physical sales when compared to groups on cube's caliber.

I didn't say that Cube was good to them. I'm just saying, they did try. But it wasn't enough. Imo, the problem with CLC was, that they didn't find their own sound. Which obviously is Cubes fault no question. Changing concepts too often, makes it harder to like a group. But if we look at (G)I-DLE for example, even though they change concepts often too, you can still tell it's their own sound. CLC lacked that sadly imo.

As for 4minute. They were lucky that there weren't that many GG's around when they were popular. Once more GG's debuted, people forgot about them and then it became Hyuna ft 4Minute

• As for 4minute. They were lucky that there weren't that many GG's around when they were popular. Once more GG's debuted, people forgot about them and then it became Hyuna ft 4Minute

I mean it was pretty much Hyuna and friends from the start. Hyuna had the hype of being the "former Wonder Girls" member and literally she got her solo as soon as 4Minute debuted.

~ ω

• AGREE!!! <3

CLC killed it with this version of La Vie en Rose :blushing:

work in progress

• If they arent going to get Last comeback might as Well terminate their contracts and let them go.

I heard they will have a comeback this year, but it's just internet hearsay as far as I know.

The weird thing is last year they redesigned CLC's logo, they purchased a custom Twitter CLC emoji to promote the Helicopter comeback, they released a new slogan banner. There was a sense of renewal. Then nothing. It's quite puzzling.

• I like CLC, but I have a feeling that 'La Vie En Rose' would have flopped with CLC.

Many times the song is not important, it is the group and how the public feels about the group.

CLC just did not have that 'IT' that got the general public to fall for them.

• how many nugu groups have we seen with an amazing song that could have been a hit it was released by a popular group. If Clc got the song it dosen't gaurantee them a successful comback

I remember reading that the song happy by WJSN was originally intended to be a song for Twice.

I bet the song would have charted differently if Twice released it.

• Does she think them releasing la vie en rose would make them getting a hit? They had black dress, which was a better song but look what happened. Even if i recall correctly (cmiiw), la vie en rose peak wasn’t even that high compared to the other izone’s songs

• tbh, don't blame Cube for cutting off resources for CLC. At some point, you have to cut your losses. Even before the LVER incident, Cube had already given CLC 4 years and 9 EPs to get semblance of success.

Well Cube could’ve terminated their contracts instead of doing nothing with the girls.

Anyway, Elkie would know better than any of us what they went through in that company. I don’t like her after the whole China stance but I do feel sorry for her and the other CLC members. If when they disband I hope Sorn comes forward and talks about the problems they faced.

tumblr_nzies3E9yh1uf1itwo1_500.gif

LORD & SAVIOR PARK JIHYO | ITZY | YUKIKA | RUANN | | TWICE | BRAVE GIRLS | APRIL | FROMIS_9 | TOMMY FEBRUARY6

• Well Cube could’ve terminated their contracts instead of doing nothing with the girls.

Anyway, Elkie would know better than any of us what they went through in that company. I don’t like her after the whole China stance but I do feel sorry for her and the other CLC members. If when they disband I hope Sorn comes forward and talks about the problems they faced.

Likely cheaper for Cube to just let their contracts expire than terminate.

• I didn't say that Cube was good to them. I'm just saying, they did try. But it wasn't enough. Imo, the problem with CLC was, that they didn't find their own sound. Which obviously is Cubes fault no question. Changing concepts too often, makes it harder to like a group. But if we look at (G)I-DLE for example, even though they change concepts often too, you can still tell it's their own sound. CLC lacked that sadly imo.

As for 4minute. They were lucky that there weren't that many GG's around when they were popular. Once more GG's debuted, people forgot about them and then it became Hyuna ft 4Minute

In regards to "changing concepts", I see that often mentioned as one of things that caused CLC's downfall but I don't understand why CLC got dragged for changing concepts yet Red Velvet get praise for doing the same?

• In regards to "changing concepts", I see that often mentioned as one of things that caused CLC's downfall but I don't understand why CLC got dragged for changing concepts yet Red Velvet get praise for doing the same?

Because from the start Red Velvet let is be known they would do pop bright songs and dark mature girl crush songs (happiness be natural ice cream cake automatic) people knew to expect that from them.

• In regards to "changing concepts", I see that often mentioned as one of things that caused CLC's downfall but I don't understand why CLC got dragged for changing concepts yet Red Velvet get praise for doing the same?

changing concepts is very often in the industry and even g idle did it in their first year .

The issue is how you do it and cube did it wrong.

Other groups change concept for variety. CLC changed concepts because the previous one failed hard.

Because even though RV chance concepts often, they still have their own sound. When I hear a RV song, I instantly know it's RV. I can't say the same about CLC. Atleast it's like that for me

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!