Posts by jtsmith1

This would be valid if the other members didn't get way more promo...

But I mean in general though when it comes to BlackPink as a group they spend more time at fashion shows and social events (which is not a bad thing at all ) then making music. As a group they comeback once maybe twice a year, blowup in views and become trending and then they're off to the next fashion week. Why should YG put in all the stops and efforts for the group's music when fans will support them doing anything. Lisa has broken records, trending on tiktok and doing well internationally and the fans are eating it up, why should he do more if he knows fans are going to support them regardless of if they're making music or going to Paris fashion week.

External Content twitter.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

Congratulations girls!

The secret(s) is that the first thing is that they come from SM. So the song it's self was never in any real danger of "flopping". Now it might not have done as well as their previous releases due to their scandals and them being a 7 year girl group but just by them being an SM girl group it was bound to catch the public's attention. Second thing, it's how SM handled Irene's scandal that's kind of allowed the public to move on and carry on. They had Irene immediately apologize and meet with the victim and thankfully the victim accepted the apology and said she wanted to move on from the incident. Also timing, Irene and RV are very lucky that Irene's scandal happened when it did back in Oct of 2020 instead of this year during the flurry of idol bullying scandals. Irene laid low for months and even now she still hasn't really been on social media and hasn't updated her instagram with the exception of her stories yesterday where she linked the mv. She did her period of reflection and did it well. Also during that time people we're still feeling bad for RV because their Psycho promotions were cut short due to Wendy's accident. Lastly the song choice they chose for this comeback. I know a lot of people thought it felt "safe" and "lackluster" especially compared to Psycho and the fact that they've been gone for almost 2 years but that's exactly what they needed to reintroduce themselves to the public especially with a red concept song. But it makes sense, of course they weren't going to come out with something divisive like Zimzalabim when they've almost been gone for 2 years. It's such a nice, easy, uplifting song to listen to yet still has the special Red Velvet charm. No wonder Korea is eating it up.

Soojin was removed from (G)I-DLE and while her removal was only announced on August 14, Cube Entertainment reportedly decided her removal when her school bullying controversy broke out starting in February.

According to an exclusive report from Sports Kyunghyang, Cube Entertainment had already decided that Soojin would be leaving (G)I-DLE at the time her school bullying controversy broke out. Cube Entertainment made their official announcement regarding Soojin’s removal from the group on August 14 KST.

Sports Kyunghyang also reported that the decision to remove Soojin from (G)I-DLE was linked to (G)I-DLE’s activities as a whole, as Soojin’s controversy had a negative effect on all of (G)I-DLE’s activities, both individual and as a group. When Soojin’s controversy broke out, Cube Entertainment stated that Soojin would temporarily suspend activities. Even though the group released UNIVERSE digital single “Last Dance” with five members, they were unable to continue their activities for months due to Soojin’s controversy.

Soojin initially refuted her school violence controversy and when actress Seo Shin Ae shared her experiences, Soojin indirectly demanded a response from her, denying her claims. However, the controversy grew as Seo Shin Ae continued to personally reveal her experiences and the damage she incurred.

Finally, Sports Kyunghyang reported that both Cube Entertainment and the other (G)I-DLE members believed that it was no longer possible to delay team activities due to Soojin’s controversy, thus leading to her removal from the group.

Soojin’s departure from (G)I-DLE is scheduled – Knetizen

They look gorgeous! One interesting thing that I noticed is that SM really seems committed to the whole “general store” theme. RV’s official Facebook page is now a “commerce page” and at the end of the teaser pictures it says you can message the seller for price or request more photos from the seller. It’s funny because of course everyone in the comments is requesting more photos or asking how much for which member lolololol

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

I didn't say that Cube was good to them. I'm just saying, they did try. But it wasn't enough. Imo, the problem with CLC was, that they didn't find their own sound. Which obviously is Cubes fault no question. Changing concepts too often, makes it harder to like a group. But if we look at (G)I-DLE for example, even though they change concepts often too, you can still tell it's their own sound. CLC lacked that sadly imo.

As for 4minute. They were lucky that there weren't that many GG's around when they were popular. Once more GG's debuted, people forgot about them and then it became Hyuna ft 4Minute

In regards to "changing concepts", I see that often mentioned as one of things that caused CLC's downfall but I don't understand why CLC got dragged for changing concepts yet Red Velvet get praise for doing the same?