TWICE to perform Cry For Me on the Kelly Clarkson Show on April 27th

• Actually... Good timing of the release. 4 months full of crap songs kpop has given me. Finally, Twice is reminding me of this fantastic song like CFM, just cant get enough of this song.

8o8o8o

I'm happy for you but this once again reeks of poor management. At this point I struggle to even say poor, it's just deliberate.

This will have near to no impact as it has been rolled out poorly again. All something like this shows is the pervasive shitness that is JYPE.

Think about the next to zero impact the Colbert performance of ICSM had, which has more views on Twice's channel than Colbert's own as only fans watched it and they decided to do that a month after the song first came out (and was an official comeback). This is 4 months late.

The company in recent months have routinely given the group little to no chance to have any kind of breakout and think they can satiate it with empty platitudes and fans eat it up. Wouldn't surprise me if you see Itzy/Stray Kids on the show soon.

• Official Post

In January Seventeen performed Left and Right on the Kelly Clarkson show over 6 months after its release. It's good for international exposure.

Yes but this just screams poor management tbh. I always have a problem when KPOP groups promote their songs months after it's release, it makes no sense, really. I think it would've been a better idea if they waited until the June comeback if JYPE really wanted them to perform, it'd be better exposure for their album/song. But whatever works.

• I want to see this because it's the song I like from the album! Performing a strong English version would have been a good look, but JYPE hasn't upgraded to that level for most on the roster yet.

• Think about the next to zero impact the Colbert performance of ICSM had, which has more views on Twice's channel than Colbert's own as only fans watched it and they decided to do that a month after the song first came out (and was an official comeback). This is 4 months late

can we please not mention it.. I will never get over it. I hope this celly clarkson stunt is at least shown during the actual show and not on youtube only again.....

I doubt it, but big parts of the song are in english anyways..

• Wasn't Cry For Me being labeled as a "pre-release"? Isn't TWICE dropping their new album/EP soon in June? It seems obvious to me that Cry for Me will be one of the tracks on the new album and this is the beginning of the marketing push in the U.S. for it. They released it four months ago in December as a digital single, but they're obviously going to use the momentum to also build up the new album. They're basically starting promotions for the new album two months early, rather than promoting a non-album single four months late.

Given the fact that they had put out a concept film teaser for Cry for Me, my guess is that there is also an MV on its' way, but they're probably waiting for Jeongyeon to be fully-recovered before they film and release it. After all, they waited for Mina and included her in Feel Special. TWICE has never yet released a music video which did not have all nine members. Even for Kura Kura and Better, Jeongyeon was there.

• Wasn't Cry For Me being labeled as a "pre-release"? Isn't TWICE dropping their new album/EP soon in June? It seems obvious to me that Cry for Me will be one of the tracks on the new album and this is the beginning of the marketing push in the U.S. for it. They released it four months ago in December as a digital single, but they're obviously going to use the momentum to also build up the new album. They're basically starting promotions for the new album two months early, rather than promoting a non-album single four months late.

Given the fact that they had put out a concept film teaser for Cry for Me, my guess is that there is also an MV on its' way, but they're probably waiting for Jeongyeon to be fully-recovered before they film and release it. After all, they waited for Mina and included her in Feel Special. TWICE has never yet released a music video which did not have all nine members. Even for Kura Kura and Better, Jeongyeon was there.

Honestly, the only reason this performance come now is 1) jeonyeon is back 2) closer to their next album, this is to create buzz

I dont think JYP will film MV for this song given how much he think the song doesnt fit Twice.

• Honestly, the only reason this performance come now is 1) jeonyeon is back 2) closer to their next album, this is to create buzz

I dont think JYP will film MV for this song given how much he think the song doesnt fit Twice.

I wish Jeongyeon was part of this performance. So far, from the promotional picture we got, it's just the 8 of them still.

I left my heart in LA again. Please continue taking good care of it.

• Honestly, the only reason this performance come now is 1) jeonyeon is back 2) closer to their next album, this is to create buzz

I wish Jeongyeon was part of this performance. So far, from the promotional picture we got, it's just the 8 of them still.

Honestly the picture seem to indicate it is prerecorded (they have new outfits, and the current hair colors) so Jeongyeon will more than likely not participate.

Wasn't Cry For Me being labeled as a "pre-release"? Isn't TWICE dropping their new album/EP soon in June? It seems obvious to me that Cry for Me will be one of the tracks on the new album and this is the beginning of the marketing push in the U.S. for it. They released it four months ago in December as a digital single, but they're obviously going to use the momentum to also build up the new album. They're basically starting promotions for the new album two months early, rather than promoting a non-album single four months late.

To me the fact that she was there for Better & Kura x2 shows there won't be a CFM mv, ever. Ideally yes, it could be a start for western promotions but we have been speculating the same things over and over again with many moves now (signing to Universal, releasing English versions, Colbert show etc) and yet nothing. Also, promoting Cry For Me with a M/V is kind of a waste now, unless they film one as a gift, but given the covid situation it's probably already difficult to film the comeback M/V.

(still, I would love to have the music video...)

• If cry for me is targeted towards the west then I don't think a mv would necessarily be a waste. American acts usually release singles/audios months before an mv is ever dropped.

For example, Say so was released in January but didn't get an mv until a month later, then got a remix in May. Doja then performed and promoted it for about a year. So I don't necessarily mind us getting an mv this late even if its just for the fans.

• If cry for me is targeted towards the west then I don't think a mv would necessarily be a waste. American acts usually release singles/audios months before an mv is ever dropped.

For example, Say so was released in January but didn't get an mv until a month later, then got a remix in May. Doja then performed and promoted it for about a year. So I don't necessarily mind us getting an mv this late even if its just for the fans.

Oh, I see. I didn't know about that ! Still, it's not the way kpop companies work so I wonder if they'd consider it

Sorry but promoting a "pre-release" (considering the members had to fight to release this song definitely just seems like something the company decided to randomly label it, hence the awful rollout in December when it wasn't ready to be released with the benefit of them needing one less song to put on the mini) 4 months after the song has already come out is just lazy. There's no grand plan here.

Twice's issue is the fanbase/content has become stale and the answer to that is we'll promote a song you've already heard 4 months later? You want to bring excitement or hype up a release you do a proper pre-release. Not something you rushed back in December and is now the easiest/cheapest thing to push.

Like, what on earth would an MV for Cry For Me achieve at this point? Its hype came and went in December, an MV now is a waste of money and time. They half promoted in December and by putting an MV out now it's another half promoted period. Its potential impact has already been wasted.

When Twice's promo to people not in the fandom is already so sporadic and lacking the periods of actual activity shouldn't be so lax.

This isn't just me being annoyed at everything they do. JYPE have just continuously been late with everything they make the group do and it diminishes any of the potential impact they could have, and at this point it seems on purpose. And yes, impact and the subsequent success you get from it matters because if you're successful you demand continued investment. JYPE are already moving the group to the side for Itzy/Stray Kids/Nizi and all the things such as Japanese sales falling to barely a 100k, charting falling and Korean sales falling gives them more reason to do so.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!