What do people make of JYPE's promo approach over Covid times?

• Their two main GG's (not sure about their BG's) seem to have just turned into Youtube personalities, with a lot of dance practices and some covers with odd bits of poorly promoted content in between such as English releases, random Japanese MV appearances and the like dotted around.

Are they struggling financially more than most due to Covid so can't afford to do much more to move onto the next phase for their groups? Everyone knows JYPE don't have anything other than idols and with touring down for a year that's the biggest chunk of money (as they don't really do CF's either), whilst Got7 have now also left.

Are they just out of ideas and don't have the means/resources/personnel to do anything more?

Already moving on, concentrating on Stray Kids as the mainstay with the most momentum? They've pretty much put a stop to/been incapable of growing any momentum for their two main GG's recently so now they're just planting seeds/building relationships for future groups? How are they going to debut all those groups they want without kicking back spending/effort on their more established groups to make space in their divisions, which are already lacking?

Is history repeating itself and the thought of going international whilst completing forgetting key markets has got into their heads again? In a period where other companies have been pushing into SK more due to restrictions JYPE have never been further back from the general public with their GG's and have just retreated to Youtube.

What do people think their grand plan is here?

• twice literally just had their japanese concert yesterday...

Itzy released their english tracks so probably gearing up for their next CB soon

and their content is for the fans...

• twice literally just had their japanese concert yesterday...

Itzy released their english tracks so probably gearing up for their next CB soon

and their content is for the fans...

Having 1 concert in 3 months doesn't negate anything., especially after they'd already spent the last year butchering the Japanese fandom.

Do the fans go away if they stop putting out multiple youtube series and dance practices? Or is it the least effort maximum content approach? Twice film there TTT episodes in probably a day for weeks worth of content.

What 6th year group have you seen put out so much youtube content instead of genuine content to help grow? Why would idols in their 6th year that have been so restrictive in what they do most of their careers settle with that (along with things such as appearances in MV's), yet alone ones as big as Twice?

• Having 1 concert in 3 months doesn't negate anything., especially after they'd already spent the last year butchering the Japanese fandom.

Do the fans go away if they stop putting out multiple youtube series and dance practices? Or is it the least effort maximum content approach? Twice film there TTT episodes in probably a day for weeks worth of content.

What 6th year group have you seen put out so much youtube content instead of genuine content to help grow? Why would idols in their 6th year that have been so restrictive in what they do most of their careers settle with that (along with things such as appearances in MV's), yet alone ones as big as Twice?

what would you consider genuine content?

are you talking about solo stuff in which case i agree 100% with you I've made multiple threads and posts trashing JYP over their non-existent solo content...

but this year hopefully momo's dance thing, sana's cover song thing , dubcheang cover parody is a start...

• Promo is poor but what response do you expect from this site? Of course they will pretend its rainbows and sunshine and praise JYPE for garbage and at the same time call other companies trash for things like millions of dollar budget for a concert and appearances on James Corden to promote is mistreatment...

Ridiculous. Anyone who watched the concert(that is when the stream actually worked ffs) and sees how Twice aint had promo in Japan for over 2 years knows how trash JYPE have been for a while now.

• Having 1 concert in 3 months doesn't negate anything., especially after they'd already spent the last year butchering the Japanese fandom.

anyone whose a fan of Twice knows how restrictive JYPE are. So the fact that we can even see them do melody projects and have some very minimal solo work/collabs is a HUGE step in the right direction. The girls are hella overworked like always and so it really doesn't matter that they don't spend days on each TTT series. I'd rather them get some rest, recover from their injuries and issues. TTT is literally just for fans to have some content to enjoy for FUN while we await their next comeback/activity and tbh I don't see any OTHER GROUP creating the "genuine content" that you keep bringing up that magically helps a group grow. most of those growing opportunities come during comeback seasons and varieties in that time.

• what would you consider genuine content?

are you talking about solo stuff in which case i agree 100% with you I've made multiple threads and posts trashing JYP over their non-existent solo content...

but this year hopefully momo's dance thing, sana's cover song thing , dubcheang cover parody is a start...

Content that looks to establish the group/members beyond the established fanbase and isn't just for the same set off fans that like youtube content/covers, which is something a group in their 6th year should barely be doing. Twice at this point should be way beyond pumping out youtube shows, covers and appearances in MV's. That's legitimately things you do as a rookie.

OST's, variety, acting, solos, sub-units etc. All incredibly common tools that JYPE refuses to use for whatever reason, whilst feeding the fandom air.

Makes you realise how far behind the group are in their career paths that some fans think what they're doing in the penultimate year of their contract makes sense. Either the company are scared to move them on (don't have the money/resources to support such an endeavour) or the members themselves are, I don't know which ones worse.

• Content that looks to establish the group/members beyond the established fanbase and isn't just for the same set off fans that like youtube content/covers, which is something a group in their 6th year should barely be doing. Twice at this point should be way beyond pumping out youtube shows, covers and appearances in MV's. That's legitimately things you do as a rookie.

OST's, variety, acting, solos, sub-units etc. All incredibly common tools that JYPE refuses to use for whatever reason, whilst feeding the fandom air.

Makes you realise how far behind the group are in their career paths that some fans think what they're doing in the penultimate year of their contract makes sense. Either the company are scared to move them on (don't have the money/resources to support such an endeavour) or the members themselves are, I don't know which ones worse.

If you're talking about individual activities then I 100 percent agree with you...all those this you mentioned pertains mostly to individual activities so I agree with you completely

I've made my share of posts trashing jype as well do you'll have no argument from me on that front

• anyone whose a fan of Twice knows how restrictive JYPE are. So the fact that we can even see them do melody projects and have some very minimal solo work/collabs is a HUGE step in the right direction. The girls are hella overworked like always and so it really doesn't matter that they don't spend days on each TTT series. I'd rather them get some rest, recover from their injuries and issues. TTT is literally just for fans to have some content to enjoy for FUN while we await their next comeback/activity and tbh I don't see any OTHER GROUP creating the "genuine content" that you keep bringing up that magically helps a group grow. most of those growing opportunities come during comeback seasons and varieties in that time.

I barely follow kpop these days and I know just from following new sites other group members routinely do variety shows, OST's, acting and whatnot. The fact that fans have your mindset says a lot.

The benefit of a large group is whilst others are tired/need rest you can still work on promoting the group/members with the others.

• Promo is poor but what response do you expect from this site? Of course they will pretend its rainbows and sunshine and praise JYPE for garbage and at the same time call other companies trash for things like millions of dollar budget for a concert and appearances on James Corden to promote is mistreatment...

Ridiculous. Anyone who watched the concert(that is when the stream actually worked ffs) and sees how Twice aint had promo in Japan for over 2 years knows how trash JYPE have been for a while now.

I'm starting to believe the company don't have the money/resources to push on without massively impacting their future plans so are at a standstill.

It would explain why their Japanese "promo" was just Warner asking them to appear in their own artists videos to help them promote it (pretty much no cost to JYPE) and these covers that only had a decent budget when they were helping to promote a JYP song (as expected). Even after all that promo the Japanese concert was one stage and from my understanding barely had much going for it outside of the girls themselves.

• NIZIU IS A JYPE GROUP THAT SOLD 400K OF A DEBUT SINGLE AND IS A TOP 3 GG IN JAPAN

Y DO U FACKIN IDIOTS ALWAYS EXCLUDE

They are jointly run with Sony Music who are vastly more competent.

If Nizi's promotion in Japan was down to JYPE it'd be a bigger kick in the face to how they've promoted Twice all these years. Luckily nearly all of it will be down to Sony.

• They are jointly run with Sony Music who are vastly more competent.

If Nizi's promotion in Japan was down to JYPE it'd be a bigger kick in the face to how they've promoted Twice all these years. Luckily nearly all of it will be down to Sony.

u should be the company director replacing jyp then

• They are jointly run with Sony Music who are vastly more competent.

sony is the distributor, thats pretty much it. they're managed by div1(the director of div1 works @ sony japan tho)

there management contract is with jype, and niziu staff is korean. they live and train in korea, and only go to japan when they are releasing

• u should be the company director replacing jyp then

JYPE don't have your favourites (assuming it is Twice) best interest at heart, just the amount of money they can bring in before moving onto the next best thing. If you think he/they are infallible be my guest but then you might as well be a company stan at that point.

A companies aims and a fans don't align.

• sony is the distributor, thats pretty much it. they're managed by div1(the director of div1 works @ sony japan tho)

there management contract is with jype, and niziu staff is korean. they live and train in korea, and only go to japan when they are releasing

Yeah that's a no

"This 'Nizi Project' drew attention by collaborating with JYP and Japan's largest record label Sony Music to jointly conduct all processes from member selection to training, planning, production, and management. In July-August last year, global auditions were held in eight cities in Japan and ten regions, including Hawaii and Los Angeles in the US, regardless of nationality. Over 10,000 applicants were received in September."

https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=003&aid=0009936110

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!