How do Blinks do it?

• Ok, the BP models vs idols thread touched a nerve, but i dont wanna sidetrack that thread and i feel like this topic deserves its own thread since it isnt directly related to the question of whether BP are models or idols.

I wanna ask AKP Blinks a serious question.

Half the fun of being a Kpop stan is watching their fanservice content. That's what being a stan means, you not only enjoy their music and performances, but you get to watch them being crazy and stupid off stage as well. You eat up the cute skinships, watch your faves do mukbangs and answer weird questions from fans, watch their bts content from past performances, etc. The idols engage with each other in front of you, asking you to form an emotional connection with them as well as their friendships with each other, and that's what tides you over until their next comeback.

How do Blinks keep their passion for BP when the Pinks dont do any of that? Can you really feel engaged over brand advertisement pics on Insta or a dance cover video? My interest in Twice has never waxed and waned since they continue to feed me content nonstop, even when my ult bias in Twice was on hiatus for months.

And the biggest kick to the balls as a Blink? A disbanded group like Izone is giving more fanservice content to Wizones than BP. Like, every week you can count on an Enozi Cam video plus Eating Trip episode. This group literally doesnt exist anymore for all intents and purposes, yet i still feel closer to the Izone members than i do to the Pinks.

• I just really care about the music. And I'm willing to wait a long time if I have to because BP has delivered just amazing quality songs throughout their career.

• Honestly, for me, all I care about is the music. I think it’s more than just fan service and what not. How I truly feel connected to an artist is through what they put out. Their message. I’m willing to not have any of the side entertainment just to enjoy the hard work they produce for us blinks <3

• Official Post

I just really care about the music. And I'm willing to wait a long time if I have to because BP has delivered just amazing quality songs throughout their career.

Yep. People are willing to wait a long time for their music because it's just so good. It takes a certain amount of trust and confidence from the fan for that to happen.

• People still want Blackpink though

BP are going into their fifth year as a group. Blinks who have been with them for a number of years know they don't do fanservice.

So if you are a fan interested in that, simply find another group who serve more content.

Then when BP has a comeback you get more content.

I really don't see there being changes in their frequency of content when there is no comeback so....

This topic has been touched on many times, so if a fan's major reason for supporting a group is fanservice then BP is not for you

• Waiting for their music is worth it if you've been a Blink since the beginning I started stanning when I was 25 years old i'll be 30 in December. They're worth the wait

• god I hope they never resort to cringey fanservice. The reason I can't get to other groups is because of that. We love our fans and our fans only bullshit. Acting like couples , baiting the young fans like that, it's horrible. It all boils down to your preference I guess.

Personally don't have much time to skin through every content, the music is enough for me. Bp has never been a group with contents like that so their core fanbase doesn't really care. It's the multis that are complaining by comparing than to other groups.

• Yep. People are willing to wait a long time for their music because it's just so good. It takes a certain amount of trust and confidence from the fan for that to happen.

Exactly. If my favorite movie director for example took 4 years between each film, I'd still be at the theaters watching whatever he released. If the quality is there, it doesn't deter me from supporting whatever it is that I get. I may be mad though. But BP's discography has been just so amazing that I will beg like Oliver Twist for scraps if I must. Lovesick Girls and The Album wrecked my world so much.

• I always wonder when it became the job of pop stars to give content 24/7.

Part of it was instigated by Gaga and her team when she first came out, the 24/7 "show". But it nearly burned her out completely.

Yeah. It must be taxing to these idols. You can see the fatigue in their eyes in these vlives. And fans will be like they are doing this because they love us so much uwu~. like damn give these idols a break for once.

• The little "fanservice" content they give us is more than enough for me. They dont need to record and stream themselves 24/7.

They do it once in a while which seems more genuine to me, for example rose was on vlive for like 2 hours during her birthday. We have also had bp house and couple others on their yt channel and they literally have a netflix docu :cryingr:

That seems like a lot to me. And I'm sure most of us are with bp for the music, there is a reason why they are the only group besides bts with massive streams on their b-side tracks

• But Blackpink might not have a lot of fanservice, but their personalities stand out in a good way. Even if they don't have a lot of comebacks or fanservice, their personalities and music stand out compared to other girl groups~

• idk for the first few years i was a little upset that they didn’t do as much fan service as my other fave groups - BTS Twice etc.- but tbh if you’re gonna get into the fandom you can’t expect them to provide the same content as most idols since they’re just not marketed like that. you’re only setting yourself up for disappointment if that’s what you expected.

• i never cared about the content and variety shows personally since I don't really watch that. I didn't even watch all their variety show appearances even tho It's not much but I do agree and support the fans who ask for their right to have normal content like other groups stans.

What used to make me frustrated is how long they take to release music and the fact they don't even release alot of songs after their long breaks meanwhile, their stupid company don't do the same to their male groups. Anyway, I don't care much about them these days and I'm less contacted to them so whenever they release music I will listen and that's it.

yg made me bored

• half the fun of kpop is fanservice?

Actually that's the generalisation.

In fact many fans of BP are casual listeners of music and go for music and sometimes the visuals, hence the massive youtube views and streams.

You dont see the western artists doin the 'fanservice' as well. Kpop idols are not jpop idols. They dont really need to do handshake event etc that often

• god I hope they never resort to cringey fanservice. The reason I can't get to other groups is because of that. We love our fans and our fans only bullshit. Acting like couples , baiting the young fans like that, it's horrible. It all boils down to your preference I guess.

Personally don't have much time to skin through every content, the music is enough for me. Bp has never been a group with contents like that so their core fanbase doesn't really care. It's the multis that are complaining by comparing than to other groups.

i personally think Blackpink not doing fanservice is what attracts their fans. I also cannot withstand those cringey BG fanservices. Yucks.. thats why the west used to take kpop as jokes

• coz blinks didnt built based on fantasy about "i can date my idols, and the others cant"

hence most of them dont care about bp dating

they only wants bp to have more comebacks each year, either group or individual

those cringe fanservices not for everyone bruh

• I just don't see the 'fanservice' ( not sure I would call it that ) as an obligation, or a necessity. Any artist I follow, I follow them for their music and performances. Yes, if there is some side content I will gladly watch it to know more about them, but that's still just that : side-content.

Also honestly I feel like everytime one of Pinks breathe they get a ton of vitriol for it, and for their own peace of mind I'm glad they aren't too active on social media :pepe-life-support:

• I like a lot of content, so I became a multi. I'm content that Blackpink are doing as much as they want to do. Jisoo is most in contact with fans. Rose likes to go live every now and then. I feel like Jennie and Lisa aren't completely comfortable with that kind of thing these days, and no-one can blame them for that. I'd rather they do things on their own terms than be forced into a level of fanservice they're unhappy with.

• I will give a proper answer now

You know OP, this was similar to my thoughts 3 years ago. How can a one year old group even less, with little content, little promotion, and was sleeping for a year; beats an older group with constant comebacks and huge amount of contents in terms of, you know, YT views was hot at that time. I was confused, how does this people know a group named Blackpink?

And if BP achieve something or there are some salty trolls, the Blinks just say, "Cuz it's Blackpink". I didn't think that was a correct answer, but it does. The reason they are big is because they are Blackpink

As you can see now, the Blinks mainly a music fans. We, a content fans (I don't know what fanservice is), can't think the way music fans thinks, and vice versa. With that being said, most people that is a fan of musicians is a music fans, not a content fans, and that makes sense

Like I said in previous comment, people are different. Some can like a person because of what that person do; some can only like a person if they know them better; and we have to respect that. If you're not a fan of other's achievements like me, just don't see the news or threads related to it

• This thread contains 6 more posts that have been hidden for guests, please register yourself or login to continue reading.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!